“Well run and comfortable Courtyard, but not fancy” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
$20 Daily Credit
Ranked #7 of 14 Hotels in Woodbridge
Seattle, WA
“Well run and comfortable Courtyard, but not fancy”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2011

I am a Marriott Platinum Elite member and have stayed at this hotel at least a dozen times over the last two years. Lengths of stay have varied from 1-15 days.

Marriott Rewards Recognition: The hotel has always recognized my awards level and I have always received my amenity. Room key was always ready, and I have had to reshow my credit card about half the time, versus using the reservation card on file

Location: The hotel is located less than ¼ mile from I-95 and adjacent to Prince William Parkway. If travelling to DC during the week, be aware that the I-95 backup starts about here, so you will be in the slog. If you hate traffic, stay further north. Also, summer weekends have a lot of southbound AM traffic heading towards virginia beach.

Views/locale: The west side of the hotel faces the pkwy and a tree-filled greenbelt, while the east view faces the shopping/hotel center (specifically a Springfield Suites and a Residence Inn). There are restaurants within walking distance and a Starbucks in the shopping center. For business travelers, there is an Office Depot in the shopping center and a Best Buy about a ½ mile away. For families with small kids, there is a Babies-R-Us in the shopping center.

Parking: There is plenty of parking at the hotel, but expect to park in back if you park after 8pm and the hotel is full. The complete lot has never been overfilled.

Check In and front desk: Front desk is friendly, especially the night receptionist, who is very professional and cordial. A Joe off the street could check in at 2am and his demeanor is on par with a 4pm check-in at the Platinum deck at a JW Marriott.

Check Out: I usually fly out on a 8am flight and hence checkout at around 6am. About a third of the time, my folio is not under my door when I leave, but is printed out and in “the stack” at the front desk. Minor delay only…but a detail...

Internet/Business Center: The hotel has two computers and a printer, which are tucked away next to the lounge. The computers are semi-private because of this, but you could miss them if you’re not looking for them.

Restaurant/Bar: The hotel has the usual Courtyard buffet and eggs to order. Food is decent. The hotel does open the restaurant in the evening but it is rarely used (probably because there are a number of restaurants nearby). This hotel does have a bar/lounge with a friendly bartender who is often engaged in conversation with his barflies. The lounge gas a large screen panel TV and tables/couches. It is relatively active in the evening with business travelers looking to meet or unwind. The hotel does have room service and a pantry with beer/liquor.

Fitness center: Fitness center is small, with two treadmills, a bike, and basic nautilus equipment. There is a TV in the fitness center. The hotel has a small pool and hot tub.

Outdoor Noise: The hotel is relatively quiet, except for emergency vehicle traffic on the pkwy. This can be annoying during a severe storm when the emergency vehicles are driving all over the place on calls. If you’re noise sensitive, request an east-facing room. Also, garbage pickup is early, around 6:30 if I recall, so the northwest rooms will hear the dumptruck.

Room/furniture: Standard, modern, Courtyard layout. The hotel has 4 suites with balconies, but I have not stayed in one. Hmmm…way to go on the room upgrades… I always get a king bed room which has a small sofa in the room. Desk is against the wall and has a pull out table that I often pull out and reposition under the window to use as my computer desk.

Bed: The beds were comfortable and sheets were always clean. (Of course, I don’t usually bring my black light with me…)

Room amenities: Rooms have a minifridge, which is really mini, but will hold a 6-pack and a couple sodas. Some rooms have flat screens, but others are still older tube TVs. Cable selection was good, but I found that not all rooms have “all” of the channels programmed to view if you use the up/down channel buttons on the remote. You have to manually enter the channel number. Took me two requests at the front desk to get this fixed once.

Bathroom: The size of the bathroom was standard Courtyard design and decent size.

Room Noise: Very quiet, even if you’re next to a stairwell.

Heat/AC: No problems. Control is digital, with heat/cool selections, and on the wall.

Room Tip: Better/private view to the west, quieter to the east. Northwest rooms may be woken up by garbage tru...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2011 via mobile

-clean
-borderline outdated bathrooms
-ironing board sucks
-tv doesn't face the bed
-towels need to be replaced, old
-no mirror in room
-no vanity mirror

Overall would not stay here again

• Stayed September 2011
Lake Ridge, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2011

Late night around 8pm on 100 degree day we had a storm that knock out power along with our Ac unit. We only live 15 mins away and decided to book a room. When we arrive the young man at the front desk was so helpful and understanding. This was a breath of fresh air since only weeks prior I stayed at another courtyard in fredericksburg and was treated like crap! The room was nice and clean and the indoor pool was very clean. I had a nice relaxing stay.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2011

I'll admit upfront that I am typically a big fan of Marriotts. This hotel lived up to my expectations of Marriott friendliness, cleanliness, and quality.

The staff was extremely friendly. The hotel was clean. The room was about average, maybe a little larger, in size. I thought the bed was a little too soft for my tastes but I still slept great. The bathroom was large and clean. It was nice and quiet. We had a king bed and I think the sofa may have been a sleeper sofa. It had a desk and fridge (I always like having a fridge in the room).

I'm not sure about value because I traveled on a discounted rate but the price I got was good for the area. Although the discounted rate did not include breakfast whereas I think the regular rate does. That was fine with me though because there were a lot of places to eat nearby. There was a Chik-fil-a, Chipotle, Starbucks, and Coldstone Creamery in walking distance.

While the hotel was nice it was in a very busy, congested area. That's good for some and maybe not so good for others. We were visiting Quantico so it was close by but traffic on 95 was ridiculous! But the hotel was right off of 95 and there were a lot of restaurants and shopping close. There was a swimming pool in the hotel but I didn't use it.

Overall I was happy with the location and hotel.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Manassas, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2011

We had checked into the marriot residence inn accross the parking lot and that place was a dump so me and my family of two young children called the courtyard and they were super accomidating. We were on a military move from hawaii and planned to be staying for 10 plus days. We asked for adjoining room and got them and we also requested a microwave and she said she could get one for us. It was in the room by the time me and my family walked across the parking lot to check in. The breakfast was excellent even if we had to pay for it ( it is not very expensive. close to 6 for children all they could eat and 8 for adults). The room service menu is small but they had it! And the food was good. The rooms were always clean and everthing worked. The staff could not have been nicer to us. They always had a smile or something nice to say. We checked out and in about a month for the closing of our house had to check back in and I would not have stayed anywere else. Really and excellent place for the millitary gov. rate. If you are pcsing in to quantico or the pentagon or even ft belvior this is a great hotel to stay at while you look for housing in woodbridge area.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
Bradenton, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2011

Nice hotel with a great staff. Location is great with a good resturant. Don't forget to stop and enjoy a drink at the bar.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
Rainbow City, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2011

Great service, super clean, comfortable beds, very reasonable price, not a far drive from D.C., or a Metro station to D.C..........Would definitely stay again!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Potomac Mills? Share your experiences!