“Consistent” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner
Waupaca, Wisconsin
“Consistent”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

I've dined at this location twice in the past month. The first time, there were a few blips, but they were resolved in the second visit.

On the first visit, I dined with my daughter. She ordered her usual Penne Rustica, which was fine, as always. I ordered Chicken Scallopine, which was not prepared the way I recalled from previous visits. I spoke to the waitress who said it had been the same since she started a year ago. Mine had so many cherry tomatoes, and so little prosciutto and chicken, I thought it was a different dish. We both ordered gelato, two different kinds, and both of them had shards of ice throughout. I looked for a manager, but by then the restaurant had filled and I didn't want to make a scene.

The next day, I contacted the manager, just to share my concerns. He was very appreciative, explained that he had had some inconsistencies with one or two of his new cooks, and insisted I accept a gift card to come back again. I enjoyed the meal, it just wasn't what I was expecting, and didn't feel it was necessary for him to compensate me, but he didn't want my concerns to affect me returning to the restaurant, so I took him up on his offer. He requested that I ask for him at my next visit. So when I returned with my daughter and husband, he stopped by our table to inquire about our meals. I ordered the Chicken Scallopine again, which was more like the original. My husband and daughter were happy with their meals as well.

I appreciated the manager's concern and won't hesitate to return because of it. He clearly cares about his staff and customers.

• Visited August 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Northern VA
“Nice visit”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

I frequent Macaroni Grill all the time at my local restaurant and decided to give this location a try before visiting Potomac Mills mall. It was a nice visit and the food was very good. I would recommend this for a relaxing meal before some serious shopping!

Visited August 2012
Beaufort, South Carolina
“Surprised”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2012

We had never been to a Macaroni Grill but this was next to our hotel and we were tired. We liked it. They give you a sample of their own brand wine and if you order it the price is very reasonable. The evening we were there they had 2 tapas for $9. Our waitress (Lailani...excellent btw) suggested two and they ended up being a meal. We were pleasantly surprised. The clamari was on a par with any we had eaten...we are not big fans of interstate chain restaurants but we will go again

• Visited July 2012