“Great food and service!” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #30 of 236 Restaurants in Woodbridge
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Description: Great restaurant with 25 beers on tap! Pool tables, dart boards, lots of TV's with almost every sports channel! Much of the food is homemade and really good!
Columbia, South Carolina
“Great food and service!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013 via mobile

Wonderful food! Unbelievably large portions! Bartenders and staff were friendly and helpful! We had the pone in double chops and pot roast- NUMMY! Check it out! Lots of TV's in the bar and dining seating was plentiful.

• 5 of 5 stars Food

70% Recommend
Woodbridge, Virginia
“A Go-To For Happy Hours and Meet Ups!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

Pros: Good beer selection, great food choices, great atmosphere, pool/darts, handmade deserts, service
Cons: Service could be a touch better, nothing else really worth mentioning, service could be a little better

The Bungalow Alehouse…”Bungalow”…”Alehouse”…”Bale”, ok no one calls it Bale, but regardless, whatever you call it, it shouts good times. This is the place for “Usuals”, “Happy Hour Goers”, and those with a case of the Mondays. Beer, wings, pool tables, dart boards, great food, and excellent service. I’ve been several times, whether with my wife or a group of friends, we’ve always had a good time.

Being a Alehouse I will lead with the selection of beer. You’ve got a good selection of stouts, ales, wheats, and lagers, about 25 different beers. I wouldn’t say a lot of them are significantly great and different. Although, my opinion doesn’t count because I’m not a huge beer drinker…yeah, I’m that guy.

The food has always been pretty good. They just redid the menu awhile back. Expect your usual bar foods with a little added quality. I’m not sure what it is with Alehouses trying to go above and beyond for food but I like the effort. I’m a big fan of the wings and all of the sauces. I have to give them props for the deserts, all are handmade daily and switch out regularly.

Service has always been pretty good. A group of us have come there 10+ times but sadly they never seem to remember us. I guess that is my own personal standard, if you go more than 5 times and on a schedule, they should remember your name or drink…like Cheers.

Prices aren’t that bad, you can get some good deals on drinks and occasionally the food. You have deals throughout the week, ladies night with skinny and well drinks. Wing Wednesdays are great, you can get them half off for 10 wings plus half off on beer flights.

This place has a wide variety of things to do, from pool, darts, and TVs with every sport up on them. There are a few pool tables, 4 I think, I have yet to play but have seen them from the restaurant and they usually seem full. They have 5 dart boards in the bar area but they are never full. The place has TVs throughout the restaurant with a wide variety of sports, and if I was a huge sports fan, I would probably choose to come here over a few other places that offer the same luxury.

Overall a great hangout with friends or even a casual place for a date. Whether you sit in the bar or dining room you’ll have good service and a great atmosphere. Not the greatest place to bring kids but you’ll feel like a kid with all the fun you’ll have. I couldn’t give it the full five due to nothing really stands out above and beyond but they make the effort which is what I appreciate.

• Visited November 2012
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Great for Lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

I've eaten at thiis place at least 4 times and each time I've had a great meal. The first time was for a company lunch and the special was a Roast Beef with Au Jus. I'm not a huge roast beef fan but it was great. The other 3 times I went with a buddy of mine. Great lunch menu and they have free pool from 11 to 1. I have yet to have a bad meal there.

• Visited August 2012
Houston, Texas
“Great for drinking......”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012

This is just our opinion, and I gave it four stars to be fair, because I have only gone a bit after starting dinner hours. The bar and restaurant run together and can be quiet noisy. The bar prices are fair and there are plenty of tv's. They are high up and after awhile of playing darts, your neck will feel it. After another shot you will not notice. The food is quite good as well. We stuck to the specials and were satisfied. This is a nice place to hang out but do remember that it is a little loud.

• Visited July 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Northern VA
“Not like the others in Northern Va”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2012

We looked forward to the opening of The Bungalow Alehouse in Woodbridge as we had been to the Bungalow in Arlington and liked it.

I ordered a rack of ribs. My wife had the salmon filet which she asked to be cooked well.

When the order came her salmon was not cooked anywhere close to well and had to be sent back.

As for my ribs, well everyone knows good ribs should just pull apart. What I got was so tough, I had to saw the ribs apart with a knife. The meat itself was tough and lacked any flavor.

When the waitress came by, I pointed this out to her. Her only response was that I was the second customer that day that said the ribs were tough.

A few minutes later the manager came by and I explained about the ribs. All I got was an "I.m sorry, I will have to talk to the kitchen staff about that." There was no offer of a discount, complimentary or any other compensation.

Needless to say we will not eat there again nor will we be recommending this restaurant to others.

• Visited February 2012