“Disappointed.” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #110 of 236 Restaurants in Woodbridge
Cuisines: Mexican
“Disappointed.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012 via mobile

Stood outside (in chilly weather) for 7 minutes; they finally opened up after we returned to our car. Thought we'd go in anyway.

Music being played was rock to hard rock and slightly too loud. Even my 9 y/o commented on the music. Wasn't enjoyable at lunch.

I explained I have a tomato allergy and asked for some non-tomato verde sauce. Also asked about tomato in various dishes. My pork enchiladas still came with a slice of tomato on top and a side of Spanish rice. I'm used to dishes having side dishes of Spanish rice AND baked beans so I didn't think to ask about side dishes. Just rice came with my meal with tomato easily seen in the rice.

Perhaps I'm expecting too much?

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

37% Recommend
Fredericksburg, Virginia
“Typical... Nothing Special”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

It wasn't great.... their menu suggests they charge for more salsa even... Seriously?!?! The food portions are not very big and the prices are too high.

Visited April 2012
“Nice local spot”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

Nice, neighborhood spot with good food and good service. Out on a Wednesday night an found this, quite little spot. Not bad at all.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Woodbridge, Virginia
“Decent Mexican at a good price”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

We have eaten at this restaurant twice now, both times with family. The first time was for breakfast which was very tasty. This time it was for dinner. There were 3 adults and two children on this trip. The service was prompt and very friendly. Like most restaurants they start you off with chips and salsa. The salsa was extremely mild with virtually no spiciness. We ordered stuffed jalapenos for an appetizer. I'm not sure what kind of cheese they were stuffed with but it was orange and nondescript. The jalapenos were not spicy at all. I ordered the combo fajitas (beef, chicken, shrimp) which was served sizzling and remained hot throughout my meal. It only came with three tortillas and when I ordered extras it took a while for them to get them to me. However, they were nice and hot both times. My wife ordered a create your own plate. I don't remember everything that was on it but I know that one of the items was a chili relleno. I think the other two items were a tamale and a burrito. All of the dishes came with rice and we both opted for black beans as a side. My wife didn't finish her meal and brought the leftovers home with her. She declared that they were better reheated than they were in the restaurant.

We'll probably go back because the food is good and the service was excellent.

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Tampa, Florida
“High Expectations”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2012

I was very excited to see this restaurant come to the area. It looks very authentic and is in a good location. I was a little disappointed with the cuisine and haven't been back.

Visited August 2011