“Nice local spot” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #120 of 235 Restaurants in Woodbridge
Cuisines: Mexican
“Nice local spot”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

Nice, neighborhood spot with good food and good service. Out on a Wednesday night an found this, quite little spot. Not bad at all.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Woodbridge, Virginia
“Decent Mexican at a good price”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

We have eaten at this restaurant twice now, both times with family. The first time was for breakfast which was very tasty. This time it was for dinner. There were 3 adults and two children on this trip. The service was prompt and very friendly. Like most restaurants they start you off with chips and salsa. The salsa was extremely mild with virtually no spiciness. We ordered stuffed jalapenos for an appetizer. I'm not sure what kind of cheese they were stuffed with but it was orange and nondescript. The jalapenos were not spicy at all. I ordered the combo fajitas (beef, chicken, shrimp) which was served sizzling and remained hot throughout my meal. It only came with three tortillas and when I ordered extras it took a while for them to get them to me. However, they were nice and hot both times. My wife ordered a create your own plate. I don't remember everything that was on it but I know that one of the items was a chili relleno. I think the other two items were a tamale and a burrito. All of the dishes came with rice and we both opted for black beans as a side. My wife didn't finish her meal and brought the leftovers home with her. She declared that they were better reheated than they were in the restaurant.

We'll probably go back because the food is good and the service was excellent.

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Tampa, Florida
“High Expectations”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2012

I was very excited to see this restaurant come to the area. It looks very authentic and is in a good location. I was a little disappointed with the cuisine and haven't been back.

Visited August 2011
Woodbridge, Virginia
“Pleasant Surprise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2011

I had a "restaurant .com" coupon for a $25.00 discount on a check of $35.00 or more, so my wife and I decided to try Los Toltecos. As we walked up to the door we saw a notice that they would no longer accept the coupon after December 1st, 2011. Fortunately it was Nov 30, and they gladly accepted the coupon. Since most of their entrees are in the 10 to 14 dollar range I opted for a top shelf margarita and we got some queso for starters. The margarita was a 10 on a scale of 1 to 10. No crappy powder mix or watered down drink. Their bartender knows how to make a great drink!. I had a combination plate of enchiladas and chili reneo. It was excellent with high quality cheese and freshly made. My wife had the chicken fajitas. They were above average, not specatular, but better than your average corporate restaurant chain.

I complimented Noel the manager on the good food and fantastic margarita. Then asked why they stopped honoring the restaurant coupons.. He explained that too many people try to scam them. Some customers have come in and brought the coupon and ate the food then told the manager they didn't like the food. The management wants to make them happy and comps all or part of the meal (even after they ate it all), but then the customer insists on retaining the certificate for the discount so they can use it again.

This type of behavior cause the business to sour on the idea of honoring such a discount and ruins it for everyone. So if you are one of the folks doing this...."Stop It"... You are being a jerk and hurting a good business that provides quality food.

I'll be back whether they honor the coupon or not.

• Visited November 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Lake Ridge, Virginia
“What a nice surprise!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2011

We didn't want to wait 30 minutes for a table at a nearby steak restaurant so on our way out of the parking lot, we thought "let's try that "new" Mexican restaruant" ~ "new" what, 2 years ago, maybe!? =) Anyway ~ we were quite surprised! the food was delicious, the service friendly and fast. There is a bar at the back that was well attended, but the front was all families. Try it ~ you won't be disappointed!

• Visited October 2011