“Right off I-95 and not too bad!” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn 2x Points
Ranked #7 of 16 Hotels in Woodbridge
north carolina
“Right off I-95 and not too bad!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2010

I stayed at this hotel with a group of folks that I was driving. Hotel was nice about letting me check in before I went to get my group from Dulles Airport. Hotel is located next to an on ramp to 95 north and close to a commuter parking lot and a half occupied shopping center that does not have a restaurant in walking distance. This hotel is ideal for folks with cars only. Also when you see the hotel you cannot turn left onto property due to a median in the road which I find 100% absurd. If you drive a large 57 passenger motor coach, you must go into the commuter parking lot to make a U turn. If you are in a car it's alot easier to u turn at bottom of the hill.
Next morning my bus went out of commission and found myself relying on recommended restaurants that delivered. They will only deliver if you order $10 minimum at an Italian restaurant or $12 minimum for Chinese take out delivery. The Italian place will deliver beer. The nice thing about this hotel is that there is an indoor pool there with a hot tub which out of service during my stay. Would have liked that during the frigid cold days there.
Exercise room is ok if you only use a treadmill, bike and stair climber. No weight machine there, bummer. The climate control for that room was not working so they had to use a box fan to push the air around. Carol The GM was very nice and helpful to me and was overseeing rooms getting a new TV cabinet that will house a flat panel, fridge and microwave.
Overall not a bad place to stay if you get tired of being on I-95. Great Breakfast buffet!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2010

December 31st was our first anniversary and oh what a night! After having dinner out in Occoquan at one of our faves (Madigan's) which was a whole other experience entirely, we made our way to the Hampton Inn to drop our overnight bags at around 6:30 and get a cab back to the restaurant for the dancing and fun until midnight.

Figuring that it would be easier than going home we checked in and realized that all of Australia was boarding at our hotel. Apparently, there was a basketball tournament in Washington and they were here for it...All, goodness knows how many high school girls. Giggling and running from floor to floor. My hubby and I dropped our bags in our room at about 6:30, called a cab, and left for Madigan's again.

We returned to the Hampton at about 12:30 AM, exhausted and ready for bed. The room was fairly quiet, considering the other guests were all still up and toasting in the lobby. We changed and settled into the room. My husband got into bed. As I went to lean over to give him a kiss I noticed that there was something on the sheets next to his leg. Something brown, really, dark brown and streaky. I leaned down. Chocolate was what it seemed like, but the sheets appeared clean and we didn't have any food with us. My Hubby got up and I called the Front desk.

I was greeted by an Australian accent telling me that due to the holiday, there was no maid service to change the sheets. When I requested to speak to the Manager, I was told that he wasn't available (he was on another floor) and that he would call me back. In the meantime, new sheets would be brought to me.

This is when it got good. A guest!!!! brought me sheets. They were definitely clean. In the package, and Queen sized. We had a King-Sized bed. At that point I had had all I could handle. I turned around and my Hubby and I decided to pack and leave. I called the front desk again and was told that the manager had not returned, but would call me back, which he did within minutes. I explained that we were leaving and would be down shortly.

It was 2 AM.

When we headed to the desk the Manager, and an older woman (Australian) were there. When we explained the situation in a bit more detail, the woman looked at my Husband and asked, "What time did you say you checked in?" When my Husband told her that we checked in at 6:30PM her reply to that was "Well, the room was satisfactory then wasn't it?"

My Husband remained calm while he explained that we only dropped our bags, called a cab and left. We didn't get into bed at 6:30.... We were being treated as though this were our fault.

Following this, my Husband had to call the hotel several times to get the charge takedn off of his card, even though we were assured that it would be the next morning.

I'm sure that the hotel isn't that bad when it's not over run with tourists. I would recommend it otherwise.... But I thought that the situation was handled poorly.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
Denver, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2009

Hotel itself was just fine. Nice staff, both at the front desk and for the morning breakfast. Accommodations were standard and clean. I used the pool to do a few lap swims and, while it wasn't very big, it was at least heated and also clean.

My only problem with this hotel was its location. The only benefit was a very close proximity to I-95 and Route 1. Otherwise, the hotel was in a run-down part of Woodbridge--think abandoned strip malls. Since there was no restaurant on site, I was forced to venture outwards. Fortunately, the front desk staff will provide you with numerous delivery menus for local restaurants so you don't have to drive around aimlessly.

Again, the hotel itself is just fine and will do in a pinch. That said, next time I'll probably stay somewhere else in a more friendly neighborhood.

• Liked — "To go" breakfast bags, free wireless internet, nice front desk staff
  • Disliked — Somewhat seedy location
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled on business
South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2009

This place is convenient to I-95 and Mt. Vernon and Alexandria. It was clean, and the indoor pool and fitness center were handy. The only problem we encountered was with the breakfast. The “fresh” fruit looked and tasted like it had come out of a bag about a week before. The fried eggs (no boiled eggs) looked like they had been cooked 3 days prior. In fact, they looked less appetizing than the plasticized eggs you see in some restaurant windows. Of the 20 or so people eating when we were, not one person dared to take an egg.

• Liked — convenient location
  • Disliked — breakfast
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
va
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2008

Great stay. Very friendly and helpful staff. Good breakfast, good variety. Excellent location. 30 mins from Washington.

• Liked — bed
  • Disliked — computer
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with friends
Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2008

I stayed at this hotel for two weeks in April 2008, while attending a class at Ft. Belvoir, and overall was very satisfied with their service and the hotel’s value. The hotel’s staff is extremely cordial and everyday went out of their way to make me feel welcome. The room that I used during the first week was very clean (4th floor) and the maid kept it that way all through out the week. The room that I used the second week (3rd floor) was not as clean and the maid did a very poor job of making it better. I am sure that if I had complained, the manager would have retrained the 3rd floor maid. I could tell that the manager really cares about her hotel and all the guests. One small inconvenience is that you have to drive to the end of the road and make a u-turn to be able to access the hotel’s parking lot. Tip: Make sure that you eat at Dixie-Bones BBQ.

• Liked — Their staff and the breakfast.
  • Disliked — Entrance to the hotel's parking lot.
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
High Point, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2008

Stayed one night with my son on the way to DC. Arrived late and got a room for around $110 without a reservation. Located adjacent to the interstate, but far enough away and insulated enough that noise is not noticeable. The building seemed newer than most or perhaps just maintained better. Nice pool area (that we didn't have time to use) and everything was what you would expect for a Hampton Inn. Breakfast was good and my 9 yr old son in particular enjoyed the selection of items. Previous review about business center being a joke is true, but I always bring my own computer and enjoy the free internet access from the comfort of my room.

• Stayed April 2008, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Hampton Inn Potomac Mills/Woodbridge? Share your experiences!