“Stayed for a wedding” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 14 Hotels in Woodbridge
Mount Holly, New Jersey, United States
“Stayed for a wedding”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

The front desk staff was very helpful with providing restaurant lists and recommendations for my friend and me. We're from out of town so this helped immensely. The room was clean, but our toilet ran non-stop throughout the entire stay.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Hampton Inn W, General Manager at Hampton Inn Potomac Mills/Woodbridge, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write and share about your experience with us. It is always nice to hear such wonderful comments about our team. I will make sure to share your comment with my team.
General Manager, Hampton Inn Woodbridge, VA

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
latrobe
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

The Hampton Inn at Woodbridge, VA is a very short drive off I-95 and a nice surprise pricewise compared to many others in the area. It's a few minutes from Alexandria, Arlington and DC. The rooms are very clean, the staff very courteous and the morning meal comparable to any other one I've had at a Hampton.

Room Tip: It was raining very heavily so I took a room and didn't notice anythingto compare with.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your wonderful feedback! Please come back and visit us again. We appreciate your business.

Texas City, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

I am very very picky The staff was very friendly and my room was very clean. I dont rate anything but this hotel was wonderful. I am still going to write a letter to the staff. Please if you are in this area stay here. Gale boudreaux

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Carole D, General Manager at Hampton Inn Potomac Mills/Woodbridge, responded to this review, February 2, 2013
Thank you so much for staying at the Hampton Inn-Woodbridge. I appreciate your wonderful comments and sharing your experience as well. We are all committed to provide hospitable service and I am glad you experienced this during your stay here. Sincerely, Carole Downs, GM
Springfield, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

I recently stayed at this hotel and my room was charged to my credit card instead of my Hhonors points. I contacted hhonors and they were not helpful, so I contacted the managaer of the hotel. Carole Downs, (manager of the Hampton Inn hotel) immediately replied to my e-mail and took matters into her own hands to resolve the problem for me. Carole went above and beyond; talked to the hhonors folks, responded to my e-mails quickly and got the whole matter resolved quickly and efficiently. Also, all the hotel staff were friendlly and helpful. I really apreciate the after service and will certainly recommend and stay at this hotel in the future.
Jilliian H

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for staying at the Hampton Inn-Woodbridge, VA. I appreciate your wonderful comments and sharing your experience as well. It was my pleasure as always to serve you, as my guest here at the hotel and it was nice talking to you last week. Again, thank you and hope to see you again here at the Hampton Inn Woodbridge, VA. Carole Downs, GM
King George Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

Stayed for a company party nearby. Great service, not a bad area, kind of by itself but near lots of restaurants. No surprises. King Suite, clean, lots of coffee. Only stayed one night. I did not wake up in time for breakfast so can't comment but the coffee was still fresh at 11:30. The manager who checked us in was very helpful and friendly. I have no idea why others did not care for this hotel. Also they gave us a great group rate for our party guests. Carts were right at the door for carrying up luggage which I like. Drive-up, drop off and check in took less than 5 minutes.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to write and share your recent experience with us. It is always nice to hear such wonderful comments about our team and the hotel. I will make sure to share this with my team members.

Menifee, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

I would reccommend this hotel to everyone. The staff is amazing and very knowledgeable about the area. I even got lost in D.C. and I called the hotel and one of the workers named Ben guided us back to the hotel. All of the staff members from the front desk to the house keeping was wonderful. Ben, Rick, Elwin, and Nicole. The room was clean. You get a free breakfast. I would reccommend that you go to Wegmans and Potomac Mall which is approximately 10 to 15 min or less from the hotel to eat and shop. Wegmans is a huge grocery store with amazing food of all kinds. I really enjoyed our stay here at Hampton Inn Potomac Mills/Woodbridge. Everything (D.C. and Waterfront) was approximately 30 min. from the hotel. I never give a review but my family and I really enjoyed ourselves.

Room Tip: kids activities and room service was not needed so I could not give a rating.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
I appreciate your wonderful comments and sharing your experience during your stay here at the Hampton Inn woodbridge, VA. I take pride with our high accomodation and friendly service at this hotel and thank you so much for staying at our property !! Carole Downs, General Manager
The 4 Seasons
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

Stayed here Summer 2012...From day 1 the fridge and phone did not work. Were told the refrigerator would be fixed..7 days later at checkout it still did not work. Had to use ice in coolers the whole time, what a headache. NO WHERE on the phone was there any button for front desk, husband did not believe me until he looked, couldn't believe it either. Had to use cell phone to call the hotel and tell them I was a guest there. They then told me to dial "9" for front desk, which did not work. We could not even get a line out for local calls. Were told the phone would be fixed the next morning...never was. Our belongings all felt "damp" while there (kid's boxed candy would be stuck together by morning--every time), we killed a HUGE spider in the bathroom, a smaller one in our bed, and another bug in the bathroom. My little boy came yelling saying he saw a snake in the parking lot when we were unloading our shopping bags one evening. Hubby went to check it out and sure enough, it was a small copperhead. The floor in the bathroom is so dangerous when wet, I almost fell one day so after that began wearing flip flops whenever getting out of the shower. The bed was horrible, felt so "used" and worn, no support whatsoever, and the pillows were in bad need of being replaced, or upgraded. The business "center" is a joke. It is not a center at all, nor even a room by itself, but actually part of the dining room. The desk looks like an old bureau with many pull-out drawers. It is in the dining area so everyone that comes or goes to/from their room walks right by you, it can be hard to focus on what you are doing when conversations are all about you. People come to sit at the tables and talk, etc.. and there is no "quiet place" or privacy whatsoever. The computer "desk" does not even have an opening for you to place your legs in while sitting in front of the computer, so you have to sit with your legs off to the side of the chair. Very awkward. The room felt damp and kind of dingy. The kleenex box cover felt yucky, cracks in the ceiling, trim is in need of repair, there is not even a towel bar at the bathroom sink. Not a requirement, but would have been really nice. The a/c rattled the whole time. Our problems with the refrigerator and phone went unchanged, we never reported any other of our concerns, it probably would not have been addressed either. We love Hampton Inn, have always enjoyed nice, clean, attractive hotels but this is by far the worst one ever. I guess it has lots of guests because of it's location, that's exactly why we searched it out. It can't be from repeat customers! We are actually very easy-to-please people, it doesn't take much for us to be comfortable and content. Honestly I don't think I have ever written a bad hotel review, until now. This was such a horrible experience, if we had not prepaid we would have left early and went somewhere else for the rest of our stay. We will never stay at this hotel again--Ever! How on earth does this place earn the Hampton name? Well below what we expect from such a quality brand.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for staying at our hotel. I would like to personally apologize for the issues you had during your stay here. I have read your comments thoroughly and please rest assured I wll address these issues so that others will not be disappointed as you were. Again, my humble apologies. Carole Downs, General Manager

Been to Hampton Inn Potomac Mills/Woodbridge? Share your experiences!