“We had great service!” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersGold level
Springfield, Virginia
“We had great service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2011

We booked a block of rooms for our wedding with Hampton Inn and they were very accommodating for our guests. They provided a shuttle service for our guests to our venue and back, they had shuttle times and directions to the church and venue located at the front desk. The staff was wonderful and I definitely would recommend them to my family and friends!

Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

188 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
new jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2011

We (wife,13,13,16) stayed here on our way to Bush Gardens. The hotel location is in a run-down part of town, however if you do not venture too far, you should be ok.
The hotel is your standard Hampton Inn. The Hot tub was not operational during our stay. Average breakfast. Hotel was clean. There is an Aldi supermarket and a Sunoco mini-mart within easy walking distance. Across the highway was a small supermarket and a flea-market type of hispanic oriented shops located in an old Kmart type building. Taco bell also within walking distance. We ordered Pizza from one of the take-out menus provided at the front desk and it was good.
Overall nothing too good or bad, but a resonable place to spend the night.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
NC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2011

My hubby and I decided late on a Sunday night to avoid DC morn rush hour traffic and stay somewhere on the other side. Woodbridge was the perfect location and the Hampton Inn had a handicapped, non-smoking, king size bed available. But I didn't have the patience to try to get all of my info into the required pages on my smartphone to secure the internet price. When I spoke with the helpful and friendly Curly, he wasn't able to find that same price, but one even cheaper (with my AAA) card. He was just as sweet in person! It also helped to be a Hilton Honors member since my info was already in their computer so I didn't have to search for my credit card until arrived. We got there late and the room was most welcome. The place was quiet even with it's close proximity to I95. The beds were fine and the breakfast essentials were good. I was impressed by their having a fridge in addition to the microwave. The hair dryer was better quality than one usually finds. I would definitely recommend this place!

Room Tip: Use your discounts - Hilton Honors, AAA
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Chesapeake, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2011 via mobile

Our child's Crew team stayed here. They set up breakfast early for us since we had an early start to the race. Nice linens.

• Stayed May 2011
Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2011

We arrived early in the morning hours. Check in was fine. We get to the room where I notice the comforter is lumpy and the bed felt worn out / old. But I was tired so got ready for bed. No big deal until my roommate runs out of the bathroom b/c the toilet over flowed. No real reason for it either. We called the front desk and were delivered a plunger and old towels. Seriously that's nasty.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
north carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2010

I stayed at this hotel with a group of folks that I was driving. Hotel was nice about letting me check in before I went to get my group from Dulles Airport. Hotel is located next to an on ramp to 95 north and close to a commuter parking lot and a half occupied shopping center that does not have a restaurant in walking distance. This hotel is ideal for folks with cars only. Also when you see the hotel you cannot turn left onto property due to a median in the road which I find 100% absurd. If you drive a large 57 passenger motor coach, you must go into the commuter parking lot to make a U turn. If you are in a car it's alot easier to u turn at bottom of the hill.
Next morning my bus went out of commission and found myself relying on recommended restaurants that delivered. They will only deliver if you order $10 minimum at an Italian restaurant or $12 minimum for Chinese take out delivery. The Italian place will deliver beer. The nice thing about this hotel is that there is an indoor pool there with a hot tub which out of service during my stay. Would have liked that during the frigid cold days there.
Exercise room is ok if you only use a treadmill, bike and stair climber. No weight machine there, bummer. The climate control for that room was not working so they had to use a box fan to push the air around. Carol The GM was very nice and helpful to me and was overseeing rooms getting a new TV cabinet that will house a flat panel, fridge and microwave.
Overall not a bad place to stay if you get tired of being on I-95. Great Breakfast buffet!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
Washington DC, District of Columbia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2010

December 31st was our first anniversary and oh what a night! After having dinner out in Occoquan at one of our faves (Madigan's) which was a whole other experience entirely, we made our way to the Hampton Inn to drop our overnight bags at around 6:30 and get a cab back to the restaurant for the dancing and fun until midnight.

Figuring that it would be easier than going home we checked in and realized that all of Australia was boarding at our hotel. Apparently, there was a basketball tournament in Washington and they were here for it...All, goodness knows how many high school girls. Giggling and running from floor to floor. My hubby and I dropped our bags in our room at about 6:30, called a cab, and left for Madigan's again.

We returned to the Hampton at about 12:30 AM, exhausted and ready for bed. The room was fairly quiet, considering the other guests were all still up and toasting in the lobby. We changed and settled into the room. My husband got into bed. As I went to lean over to give him a kiss I noticed that there was something on the sheets next to his leg. Something brown, really, dark brown and streaky. I leaned down. Chocolate was what it seemed like, but the sheets appeared clean and we didn't have any food with us. My Hubby got up and I called the Front desk.

I was greeted by an Australian accent telling me that due to the holiday, there was no maid service to change the sheets. When I requested to speak to the Manager, I was told that he wasn't available (he was on another floor) and that he would call me back. In the meantime, new sheets would be brought to me.

This is when it got good. A guest!!!! brought me sheets. They were definitely clean. In the package, and Queen sized. We had a King-Sized bed. At that point I had had all I could handle. I turned around and my Hubby and I decided to pack and leave. I called the front desk again and was told that the manager had not returned, but would call me back, which he did within minutes. I explained that we were leaving and would be down shortly.

It was 2 AM.

When we headed to the desk the Manager, and an older woman (Australian) were there. When we explained the situation in a bit more detail, the woman looked at my Husband and asked, "What time did you say you checked in?" When my Husband told her that we checked in at 6:30PM her reply to that was "Well, the room was satisfactory then wasn't it?"

My Husband remained calm while he explained that we only dropped our bags, called a cab and left. We didn't get into bed at 6:30.... We were being treated as though this were our fault.

Following this, my Husband had to call the hotel several times to get the charge takedn off of his card, even though we were assured that it would be the next morning.

I'm sure that the hotel isn't that bad when it's not over run with tourists. I would recommend it otherwise.... But I thought that the situation was handled poorly.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Hampton Inn Potomac Mills/Woodbridge? Share your experiences!