“Great location and Property” 4 of 5 stars
Review of SpringHill Suites Potomac Mills Woodbridge

You added SpringHill Suites Potomac Mills Woodbridge to your Saves list
SpringHill Suites Potomac Mills Woodbridge
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   14325 Crossing Place, off exit 158 on I-95, Woodbridge, VA 22192   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #3 of 14 Hotels in Woodbridge
Charleston
“Great location and Property”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

Location, location, location. This hotel is walking distance to at least three restaurants and a short drive to many more. Just minutes from immense shopping opportunities and quick access to major roadways.

The staff at this property were average, friendly but not overly helpful. The breakfast area attendant was not welcoming and seemed to be annoyed that people were there. Please note that the breakfast leaves much to be desired and was not stocked very well when I visited. However, if you plan to grab-n-go there were a few options for that.

My room was great, very quiet and well appointed. There was a sitting area separated by a frosted glass wall that the desk faced. The bathrooms were simple yet nicely done. This appears to be a newer property and as such all the furnishings were comfortable and in great shape.

I would stay at this property again due to the location and nice room. However, in the future I will try to minimize my staff interactions and find breakfast elsewhere.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the highway. Please note that my room faced the highway and the noise was...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Mlaluces, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Potomac Mills Woodbridge, responded to this review, August 6, 2014
Thank you for taking your time to write and share your experience to millions of people reading tripadvisor. We do apologize that we missed something. please do not think we are doing such thing overall. Please contact me directly on your next visit.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Reno, Nevada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014

It was a clean hotel. Nothing exciting. The breakfast was ok. The eggs are fake, avoid them. They show pictures of hot waffles and other delicious breakfast items in the elevator. False advertising. Sleep in and go for a nice lunch somewhere else!

Stayed July 2014
Mlaluces, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Potomac Mills Woodbridge, responded to this review, July 26, 2014
I would like to first apologize for our breakfast menu. Please do not think we are doing such thing overall. Give us one more chance to prove that we can make it correct. Please do not hesitate to call me direct if ever your in the neighborhood.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014

Stayed here for one night when moving from the area. I must say we were pleasantly surprised with the room size. I liked that the bathroom and the showers were separate. Although I didn't like not being able to lock the doors. The hallways were very hot and I think they should run the Ac. Overall I would stay here again.

Stayed July 2014
Thank you so much for taking your time to write and shared to millions of tripadvisor follower about your experience while you were at the property. This message will be shared to our staff meeting and will congratulate the staff for making guest service a good one.
NY
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

This is a very new property. It is immaculate and the rooms are large. The breakfast is adequate. The doors to the bathroom (separate from the shower) and the shower room are milky glass so the light comes into the rooms if someone uses the bathroom in the middle of the night. The towels were a bit skimpy and there were no towel racks in the bathrooms. For our one night there, it was fine, extremely moderately priced. I would not rule it out for a one night stay.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Mlaluces, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Potomac Mills Woodbridge, responded to this review, July 20, 2014
Thank you for taking your time to write your comment about your experience in our facility. It sounded like you were not a big fan of separation bathroom and toilet. We do apologize for that layout, I have heard people really likes them so that they can use others when the other room are being used. But never the less we have our own different likes and dislikes. I do completely understand where you are coming from. Just an information for your future visit any where in the united state that not all Springhill suites by Marriott were the same layout or style as ours.
Jackson
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

I used this thing called the internet to reserve a double queen suite in advance with this hotel. My choice of picking this hotel was based on this room layout. Well the date comes and I show up at the hotel only to be told there are no more double queen suites because they overbooked. Why did I bother to reserve a room with this chain when they don't honor reservations?????

I was told they overbooked???? What a load. I RESERVED a room for a reason.

I was offered a couple of apology situations that I had to take because after driving 10 hours I was not going to leave and go back out into the VA traffic.

This was my first and last time I will ever use any Marroitt hotel. Buh bye! Your competition has never done this to me. My bad for switching to Marriott.

Lastly the sliding doors offer no privacy in the bathrooms. No one wanted to use the bathrooms in my party. I've seen a couple other people mention the way bathrooms are setup here.

The hallways were a total oven and in some of the common areas Indian rock music was blaring. Spend your hard earned money elsewhere.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Mlaluces, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Potomac Mills Woodbridge, responded to this review, July 16, 2014
I would like to apologize for not having a two bed sometimes it happens to the hotel; I know it is not an excuse but we had people who was suppose to check out that day and they did not. Our other option was to give a discounted rate or to give two rooms with the price of one. I believe the front desk who was working that day offered you both which you choose to have a 50% off. Please do not think we are doing such thing overall; here at the springhill suites we strive for a good service and comfortability of our guest. This is our first and hopefully would be the last. Again we do apologize for any inconvenience that may have cause you.
Virginia Beach, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

A very clean hotel. I didn't like the bathroom being in the bedroom at the foot of the bed. It didn't allow for privacy. The staff was friendly and efficient. This is a very modern hotel with very sleek lines. Reminds me of a European hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Mlaluces, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Potomac Mills Woodbridge, responded to this review, July 11, 2014
Greatly appreciate the compliment with the exemption of our bathroom layout. It seem all of the springhill Suites layout were all the same. hope we can see you again sometime soon. We are glad you were here.
Chester, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

Sometimes even in the nice hotels things just don't go right for you. This was one of those times. Marriott properties can always be counted on for a good experience overall. This stay we had a clogged toilet, hot hallways, a curtain that didn't lay flush against the wall, letting in the very early morning light. Be careful..the bathroom shower has a middle faucet of jets that if not turned off can blast you where you least expect! I learned this from experience. I still rated this a 4 star, because it was clean, the bed was comfortable, staff was very friendly, and sometimes stuff just happens. the breakfast was just ok. Bowls were very small for cereal. I felt the seating area was very small for amount of guest rooms. I think it has 6 floors. They did have eggs, bacon, etc.. I'm basically a cereal person, so no biggie w/me on the food. I would stay here again, as this was just a fluke, and the hotel was neat and clean. We stayed one night passing through. It suited our purposes for travel.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Mlaluces, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Potomac Mills Woodbridge, responded to this review, July 10, 2014
We do apologize for that issue with the sink. Thank you for letting us know. Please do not think that we are doing such thing over all. Thank you for giving us another chance to prove to you that we will do a better job the next time you pass by. We are so glad your here.

Been to SpringHill Suites Potomac Mills Woodbridge? Share your experiences!