“Perfect for one night” 3 of 5 stars
Review of SpringHill Suites Potomac Mills Woodbridge

Save Saved
You added SpringHill Suites Potomac Mills Woodbridge to your Saves list
SpringHill Suites Potomac Mills Woodbridge
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   14325 Crossing Place, off exit 158 on I-95, Woodbridge, VA 22192   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #4 of 14 hotels in Woodbridge
NY
“Perfect for one night”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

This is a very new property. It is immaculate and the rooms are large. The breakfast is adequate. The doors to the bathroom (separate from the shower) and the shower room are milky glass so the light comes into the rooms if someone uses the bathroom in the middle of the night. The towels were a bit skimpy and there were no towel racks in the bathrooms. For our one night there, it was fine, extremely moderately priced. I would not rule it out for a one night stay.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Mlaluces, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Potomac Mills Woodbridge, responded to this review, 5 days ago
Thank you for taking your time to write your comment about your experience in our facility. It sounded like you were not a big fan of separation bathroom and toilet. We do apologize for that layout, I have heard people really likes them so that they can use others when the other room are being used. But never the less we have our own different likes and dislikes. I do completely understand where you are coming from. Just an information for your future visit any where in the united state that not all Springhill suites by Marriott were the same layout or style as ours.

149 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Jackson
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I used this thing called the internet to reserve a double queen suite in advance with this hotel. My choice of picking this hotel was based on this room layout. Well the date comes and I show up at the hotel only to be told there are no more double queen suites because they overbooked. Why did I bother to reserve a room with this chain when they don't honor reservations?????

I was told they overbooked???? What a load. I RESERVED a room for a reason.

I was offered a couple of apology situations that I had to take because after driving 10 hours I was not going to leave and go back out into the VA traffic.

This was my first and last time I will ever use any Marroitt hotel. Buh bye! Your competition has never done this to me. My bad for switching to Marriott.

Lastly the sliding doors offer no privacy in the bathrooms. No one wanted to use the bathrooms in my party. I've seen a couple other people mention the way bathrooms are setup here.

The hallways were a total oven and in some of the common areas Indian rock music was blaring. Spend your hard earned money elsewhere.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Mlaluces, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Potomac Mills Woodbridge, responded to this review, 1 week ago
I would like to apologize for not having a two bed sometimes it happens to the hotel; I know it is not an excuse but we had people who was suppose to check out that day and they did not. Our other option was to give a discounted rate or to give two rooms with the price of one. I believe the front desk who was working that day offered you both which you choose to have a 50% off. Please do not think we are doing such thing overall; here at the springhill suites we strive for a good service and comfortability of our guest. This is our first and hopefully would be the last. Again we do apologize for any inconvenience that may have cause you.
Virginia Beach, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

A very clean hotel. I didn't like the bathroom being in the bedroom at the foot of the bed. It didn't allow for privacy. The staff was friendly and efficient. This is a very modern hotel with very sleek lines. Reminds me of a European hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Mlaluces, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Potomac Mills Woodbridge, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Greatly appreciate the compliment with the exemption of our bathroom layout. It seem all of the springhill Suites layout were all the same. hope we can see you again sometime soon. We are glad you were here.
Chester, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Sometimes even in the nice hotels things just don't go right for you. This was one of those times. Marriott properties can always be counted on for a good experience overall. This stay we had a clogged toilet, hot hallways, a curtain that didn't lay flush against the wall, letting in the very early morning light. Be careful..the bathroom shower has a middle faucet of jets that if not turned off can blast you where you least expect! I learned this from experience. I still rated this a 4 star, because it was clean, the bed was comfortable, staff was very friendly, and sometimes stuff just happens. the breakfast was just ok. Bowls were very small for cereal. I felt the seating area was very small for amount of guest rooms. I think it has 6 floors. They did have eggs, bacon, etc.. I'm basically a cereal person, so no biggie w/me on the food. I would stay here again, as this was just a fluke, and the hotel was neat and clean. We stayed one night passing through. It suited our purposes for travel.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
We do apologize for that issue with the sink. Thank you for letting us know. Please do not think that we are doing such thing over all. Thank you for giving us another chance to prove to you that we will do a better job the next time you pass by. We are so glad your here.
Greensburg, Pennsylvania, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Stayed here on my way to the outer banks. the breakfast are was dirty and trash was over flowing.A glass picture fell and glass landed on my foot.No clean towels in the pool area and room was not very clean. Went to the front desk and the lady there looked as if if was crazy...I will never spend my money here any more...

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Good Day Ms. Janine. I would like to first apologize for any inconvenience that may have cause you while you were here. As the leader of the group; this is not acceptable and can not be tolerated. I thank you for letting us know regarding issue at the breakfast area. Please do not think we are doing things here overall. Please give us one more chance to prove that we can make your stay a better one.
Woodbridge, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This is the second time that my husband and I stayed here. Very clean and comfortable. Our rooms were large, comfortable, and well kept. The maids greeted us and were very courteous and friendly. The young lady Evelyn, at the front desk was full of laughs and pleasantries.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Ms Gloria thank you so much for taking your time and effort writing and sharing everyone your experience in our Facilities. We are so glad you had enjoyed your stay. We were hoping to see you again on your next trip here in VA. Please contact us direct whenever you need a reservation. Thanks again and we are so glad your here.
Raleigh, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Stayed here for one night when passing through DC. Good place to stop if heading SOUTH, since you will be traveling against the early morning traffic heading into the city. This place is clean, decent breakfast, except the eggs were atrocious. Hard as rubber, overcooked with no flavor. The young lady attending breakfast obviously needs lessons in food prep.

On the plus side, WiFi worked well, and dinner was a fairly short walk away. 10 Minute walk to additional restaurants across the main highway.

This hotel is fairly new, with a "Euro" feel to it. Still very clean and appears to be well-scrubbed. Our King Room had separate 1/2 Bath and Lav/Shower rooms, which make things "convenient" in the morning for two people getting ready.

Nice place, right off I-95. Would recommend to folks traveling in Northern VA.

Room Tip: Higher floors would probably be quieter, since it appears that this hotel is used by groups.