“Very nice” 4 of 5 stars
Review of SpringHill Suites Potomac Mills Woodbridge

You added SpringHill Suites Potomac Mills Woodbridge to your Saves list
SpringHill Suites Potomac Mills Woodbridge
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   14325 Crossing Place, off exit 158 on I-95, Woodbridge, VA 22192   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Double Rewards Points!
Ranked #6 of 16 Hotels in Woodbridge
Virginia Beach, Virginia
“Very nice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

A very clean hotel. I didn't like the bathroom being in the bedroom at the foot of the bed. It didn't allow for privacy. The staff was friendly and efficient. This is a very modern hotel with very sleek lines. Reminds me of a European hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Mlaluces, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Potomac Mills Woodbridge, responded to this review, July 11, 2014
Greatly appreciate the compliment with the exemption of our bathroom layout. It seem all of the springhill Suites layout were all the same. hope we can see you again sometime soon. We are glad you were here.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Chester, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

Sometimes even in the nice hotels things just don't go right for you. This was one of those times. Marriott properties can always be counted on for a good experience overall. This stay we had a clogged toilet, hot hallways, a curtain that didn't lay flush against the wall, letting in the very early morning light. Be careful..the bathroom shower has a middle faucet of jets that if not turned off can blast you where you least expect! I learned this from experience. I still rated this a 4 star, because it was clean, the bed was comfortable, staff was very friendly, and sometimes stuff just happens. the breakfast was just ok. Bowls were very small for cereal. I felt the seating area was very small for amount of guest rooms. I think it has 6 floors. They did have eggs, bacon, etc.. I'm basically a cereal person, so no biggie w/me on the food. I would stay here again, as this was just a fluke, and the hotel was neat and clean. We stayed one night passing through. It suited our purposes for travel.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Mlaluces, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Potomac Mills Woodbridge, responded to this review, July 10, 2014
We do apologize for that issue with the sink. Thank you for letting us know. Please do not think that we are doing such thing over all. Thank you for giving us another chance to prove to you that we will do a better job the next time you pass by. We are so glad your here.
Greensburg, Pennsylvania, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

Stayed here on my way to the outer banks. the breakfast are was dirty and trash was over flowing.A glass picture fell and glass landed on my foot.No clean towels in the pool area and room was not very clean. Went to the front desk and the lady there looked as if if was crazy...I will never spend my money here any more...

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Mlaluces, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Potomac Mills Woodbridge, responded to this review, July 8, 2014
Good Day Ms. Janine. I would like to first apologize for any inconvenience that may have cause you while you were here. As the leader of the group; this is not acceptable and can not be tolerated. I thank you for letting us know regarding issue at the breakfast area. Please do not think we are doing things here overall. Please give us one more chance to prove that we can make your stay a better one.
Woodbridge, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

This is the second time that my husband and I stayed here. Very clean and comfortable. Our rooms were large, comfortable, and well kept. The maids greeted us and were very courteous and friendly. The young lady Evelyn, at the front desk was full of laughs and pleasantries.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Ms Gloria thank you so much for taking your time and effort writing and sharing everyone your experience in our Facilities. We are so glad you had enjoyed your stay. We were hoping to see you again on your next trip here in VA. Please contact us direct whenever you need a reservation. Thanks again and we are so glad your here.
Raleigh, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

Stayed here for one night when passing through DC. Good place to stop if heading SOUTH, since you will be traveling against the early morning traffic heading into the city. This place is clean, decent breakfast, except the eggs were atrocious. Hard as rubber, overcooked with no flavor. The young lady attending breakfast obviously needs lessons in food prep.

On the plus side, WiFi worked well, and dinner was a fairly short walk away. 10 Minute walk to additional restaurants across the main highway.

This hotel is fairly new, with a "Euro" feel to it. Still very clean and appears to be well-scrubbed. Our King Room had separate 1/2 Bath and Lav/Shower rooms, which make things "convenient" in the morning for two people getting ready.

Nice place, right off I-95. Would recommend to folks traveling in Northern VA.

Room Tip: Higher floors would probably be quieter, since it appears that this hotel is used by groups.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Mlaluces, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Potomac Mills Woodbridge, responded to this review, July 3, 2014
It was nice serving you and your family. Hope you stay with us again in your future visit. We greatly appreciate the comment and recommendation. Your comment will be shared with the whole entire staff. Thank you once again and we are glad your here.
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014

Our stay at the hotel was very nice..We had a hotel worker make it very comfortably for us while we were there..She make a special room for our family to have breakfast togehter while we was there for our family reunion..The staff was always helpful and willing to answer question and very polite .

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Mlaluces, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Potomac Mills Woodbridge, responded to this review, June 30, 2014
Greatly appreciate the compliment to our staff and we are so glad that your stay was enjoyable. We thank you for sharing your experience with millions of people; follower of Tripadvisor. We are glad your here. Hope you can visit us again on your next trip in Woodbridge VA
San Diego, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

I stayed at this hotel for a 5 nights for a business trip. My ethernet connection in my room was not working so I told the front desk the first night I was there, but it was not fixed even after the 4th night. One day I was told the maintenance person was not on duty and the remaining two times, the maintenance person called the service company, but they didnt show up...VERY FRUSTRATING. On my last night, I asked for a new room with a working ethernet connection and was told that all the rooms were sold out. Later that evening, Marlo, the front desk clerk, called and told me that a room had become available because someone checked out early, but housekeeping personnel had left for the day several hours ago. Taking matters into his own hands, Marlo went out of his way to change the sheets, towels, and clean the room so that I could move there that night. Marlo strived to make things right for the customer when he had the opportunity which is highly commendable.

I gave the property a 4 rating; however, the management should have offered to switch my room by the second night, and the fact that I was never informed of the repair status. Instead, I rwas left to return to my room everyday to a broken ethernet connection with no known repair schedule.

On a good note, breakfast was always hot and ready. The lady who prepares the breakfast items arrives very early and is always meticulous about keeping items stocked and clean. The hotel decor was modern and the rooms are always nicely cleaned. The staff is generally attentive to the customers.

Room Tip: Ask for upper floor with view of the freeway (odd numbered room). It's beeter than looking at a...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Mlaluces, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Potomac Mills Woodbridge, responded to this review, June 27, 2014
Definitely a Kudos for my staff. I am so glad they took care of your problem but I also for the delay. I will definitely share this comment of yours to the staff meeting. Marlo can be use as good example of a real hospitality employee. Thank you so much for sharing this experience to all the people reads trip advisor. Hope to see you again on your next visit.