“Just a bit more attention to detail...” 4 of 5 stars
Review of SpringHill Suites Potomac Mills Woodbridge

You added SpringHill Suites Potomac Mills Woodbridge to your Saves list
SpringHill Suites Potomac Mills Woodbridge
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   14325 Crossing Place, off exit 158 on I-95, Woodbridge, VA 22192   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #2 of 16 Hotels in Woodbridge
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Bradenton, Florida
“Just a bit more attention to detail...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2014

When I entered the lobby I thought of the Sultan of Brunei with draping chiffon turquoise area separators. Sort of a quirky hotel with lots of good security, friendly desk personnel, an adequate breakfast, and close to restaurants and some shopping. The room was strangely laid out with two bathrooms (one with toilet and sink, other with shower and sink), both located at the foot of the bed. The lack of attention to detail came with an obviously broken (tilted and missing legs on one side) microwave, broken hair dryer in dirty dryer bag, non-functioning bed light, and a floor lamp about to dangle on its wires. Shower door allowed water to escape and opened inward making it hard to adjust without getting wet. What saved this hotel, in my estimation, was a very professional manager of 17 years who wanted to know how they could have improved and welcomed our list of items. In addition, every item brought to their attention was dealt with immediately. I just can't give them a top rating with so many small issues in the room, but I certainly give a top rating to that nice manager. We would consider staying there again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Mlaluces, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Potomac Mills Woodbridge, responded to this review, May 27, 2014
Again I wanted to thank you for talking with me prior your check out; I told you that I loved hearing positive comment from the guest but I also would appreciate hearing the negative part of it. That's why I thank you for letting me know these negative one so we can correct what we need to correct for the next guest would not experience what you have experience. Hope to see you again sometime and we are so glad you were here

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Gaithersburg, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2014

The staff at the Front Desk, particularly Oscar, made our stay much more comfortable and pleasant. They were friendly, and efficient in attending to our needs.The portable crib (playpen) I requested upon check in was brought to our room immediately, and was quickly setup. The room itself is spacious, clean, and had everything we needed for a relaxing stay.
My husband was satisfied with the Gym equipments, and the overall cleanliness of the fitness facility.
I personally, enjoyed the breakfast - good variety, and generous portions. My kids loved it too!
Overall, it's a truly great value, most especially being surrounded with friendly, professional, and efficient staff!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Mlaluces, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Potomac Mills Woodbridge, responded to this review, May 21, 2014
In behaft of Springhill Suites Staff. We want to thank you for taking your time to share your experience to millions of people using Tripadvisor. This means a lot to us. We hope you and your family will come back and stay with us again in your future visit. We are so glad you were here.
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2014

Many of these hotels start to look the same but I have to say the springhill is one of the better ones. I'd stayed in the area a few times before but thought I'd try the springhill. Great find.

Great rooms. In room safe. Ok breakfast. Nice little gym. Would stay here again if I'm in the area!

Stayed May 2014
Mlaluces, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Potomac Mills Woodbridge, responded to this review, May 20, 2014
I wish I can shake your hand while you were here, just to simply thank you for sharing your experience with us. Your positive comment from trip advisor really gives our future client to have an idea of how we treat our guest with a nicer property. Thanks again and we are so glad you were here.
Bridgeville
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2014

I travel FT for work and am in a Marriott 3 nights a week. This is by far the nicest shower apparatus I've seen (extra heads, etc). Check in was nice. Hotel was quiet. As a platinum member I was denied coming a day early when my work schedule got changed. Sad to treat your elite like that. Disappointing. The negatives would be fit n finish of rooms. Modern but some finishes were very old looking. Extra blanket in closet clearly not washed since last person used it. TV was ok, but far away from sleeping area. Curtains were soiled and appeared not to have been cleaned in quite some time (room 516).
I'm not sure if I'll stay here again. Tiny refrigerator that isn't really a refrigerator. There's a cooling button inside that chills things x 2 hours. Ridiculous. Doesn't keep things cool at all. Next time I'll try some where else.

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Mlaluces, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Potomac Mills Woodbridge, responded to this review, May 16, 2014
Thank you for complimenting our Shower apparatus. We do apologize for not taking your reservation a day prior, We must be negative room status at the moment. Please do not think we are doing such thing over all, give us one more chance to prove that we can make thing right. Hope to see you again on your next visit, and this time please contact me direct to make sure your reservation is settled perfectly.
Topsfield, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2014

We stayed here one night on a family road trip after staying in the Alexandria Springhill a week earlier and we were quite pleased with the amenities but not the service. Very new and clean and spacious rooms - the King size suites aren't really different rooms, just one room with a divider, but they fit our family of 4 just fine. substantial breakfast included, free parking, and convenient location. Great value for money. But there was only 1 person on duty for the entire hotel when we checked in. Poor Mohammed was doing his best to check people in, answer the phone, provide guest services, handle disruptive guests on the 4th floor, and keep coffee and tea supplied. Obviously, service suffered with only one person.

Stayed April 2014
Mlaluces, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Potomac Mills Woodbridge, responded to this review, April 27, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us. We are honored to and humbled by your compliments. We actually had 2 shift person starts from 3pm, unfortunately the other person left around 9pm. but thank you for letting me know the situation and please do not think we are doing such thing overall. We will try our best to strategize more additional hours for our PM shift to even expedite the process of our check in. Hope you can give us one more chance to prove that we can make our check in process as convenience as possible.
Templeton, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2014

Nice property, modern and well kept. Clearly a newer place.

Room was very comfortable, beds were a bit on the firm side but quite comfortable. Large bathroom w/separate toilet & sink.

Breakfast was the standard fare, altogether adequate.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for sharing us regarding your stay and hope we can make our breakfast better in your future stay. We are so glad your here and hope to see you again some other time on your next visit.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2014

We decided to stay here while visiting DC. It was out of the city with better pricing and in an area with plenty of chain type restaurants. Only downside for us was that 5 out of 6 days that we were there only one elevator worked. Rooms are spacious and staff was very friendly. We had plenty of room to set up our daughters pack-n-play.

Stayed April 2014
We are so glad to hear that we made part of your vacation pleasurable. We do apologize for our non working elevator. It was out of order for 2 days for some maintenance issue. Hope it will be better on your next trip. Your comment will be shared in our staff meeting. Thanks again and we are glad you choose us to be part of your vacation. Hope you all enjoy the rest of your trip.

Been to SpringHill Suites Potomac Mills Woodbridge? Share your experiences!