“Very good hotel - some details neglected and inconsistent housekeeping.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of SpringHill Suites Potomac Mills Woodbridge

Save Saved
You added SpringHill Suites Potomac Mills Woodbridge to your Saves list
SpringHill Suites Potomac Mills Woodbridge
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   14325 Crossing Place, off exit 158 on I-95, Woodbridge, VA 22192   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #4 of 14 hotels in Woodbridge
Australia
“Very good hotel - some details neglected and inconsistent housekeeping.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013

Stayed here 7 nights early November 2013. Room rate was very attractive due to length of stay and included microwave, fridge, free wifi, breakfast and on site laundry facilities. Hotel can't be very old and is located within 5 mins of I95. There are many restaurants and a couple of supermarkets nearby as well as Potomac Mills outlets.

The room I had had 2 queen size beds and was probably one of the largest rooms I have eber stayed in.

Bit of a weird room arrangement in that the toilet directly into the sleeping area and wasn't part of the bathroom. Window could be opened and aircon was effective. I had a room on the 4th floor and it was very quiet.

The mixer tap in the bathroom was barely fixed into the sink unit and I had to get maintenance to come and fix it which tey promptly did and the other thing was the lack of lighting in the bathroom - is this and A,merican trend to keep bathrooms and rooms as dark as possible? Living areas It doesn't really matter but the bathroom was really gloomy.

Being a non-US citizen I am aware of the tipping custom for housekeeping - I have no problem with this and duly did so. However, each day the level of housekkeping declined and the complimentary shampoos and soaps weren't being replaced. I did mention this to the front desk and they were able to give me replacements. I even saw the room cleaning person one day and very politely asked if they could replace the used items - to no avail. In the end I stopped leaving a tip - first time I had ever done that in all my travels around the US.

Front desk people were very helpful and friendly. The breakfasts looked pretty good (I didn't have any) and there was a pool and and fitness centre and PCs to use also.

Overall I had a good stay spoiled by a few things which in the big picture aren't that much of a big deal.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Krista N, Front Office Manager at SpringHill Suites Potomac Mills Woodbridge, responded to this review, January 7, 2014
Thank you for your honest review of our hotel. I will pass along your experience with our staff so we may improve on the issues that you had. I am happy to hear that the front desk provided you with great customer service. I am glad overall you were pleased with your stay. Should you be in the area again, I hope we get the chance to provide you with a completely satisfied stay that all our guests should expect.

151 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Rockville Centre, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2013 via mobile

We chose this hotel based on its value and location which was the half way mark to our final destination. Arrived at midnight and check in was quick and within minutes my family of 5 (including 3 young children) were in our room. Room had two queen beds and a pull out sofa bed. Room was very clean and beds comfortable. Breakfast was included in room rate and offered many options to keep all of the kids happy. And Debrorah who replenished the breakfast items and kept the area clean was very friendly and helpful. We would definitely stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed November 2013
We love to hear guests say they would stay with us again. It means the staff is providing a great home away from home! I will pass along your kind words to Deborah. I want to thank you for taking the time in reviewing our hotel. We look forward to your next stay!
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

Nice room colors, vey soothing on entering the room.
Big sofa for relaxation as a couple or family. Good wind down area for family talks, planning.
Separate bathroom and shower area.

Excellent use of bench on the air conditioner that can double as a drying area.
Microwave avail in rooms. Good size office table for work, if required.

Free use of washer and dryer avail with free detergents! Excellent!
24hrs beverage available in the lobby area. Excellent.
Breakfast avail with good staff around to assist you.

Good size fitness room. Small pool also available. Plenty of free parking.
Close vicinity to Potomac Mills Mall. Plenty of restaurants. Walmart nearby, excellent location

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
PotomacMillsSHS, Front Office Manager at SpringHill Suites Potomac Mills Woodbridge, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience during your recent stay with Springhill Suites, Potomac Mills. I am delighted to hear that you loved every aspect of our hotel including all of our complimentary amenities. Please stop by and see us again should you be in the area.
Suffolk, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

My husband and I have stayed in lots of hotels in this area. We visit our family in Woodbridge and Alexandria on a regular basis. During our last visit, we found this hotel. The lobby is arranged beautifully. Then, Kyle welcomed us and got us into the room of our choice within minutes. He is young, but so professional! We were impressed with the room, enjoyed the amenities, and the calm atmosphere that evening. Breakfast the next morning was delicious. Our stay was pleasant and we decided that this Springhill Suites would be our hotel of choice when we return to Woodbridge. See you when we return, Kyle!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
PotomacMillsSHS, Front Office Manager at SpringHill Suites Potomac Mills Woodbridge, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent stay. I am so happy to hear that you were completely satisfied! I am glad to hear that we will be your hotel of choice on your next trip to Woodbridge.

I will share your kind words with Kyle. We think he is great as well. We look forward to your next stay with us.
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

This is a great location right off the interstate and very well maintain property, right next to two other Marriott Properties. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Close to Shopping Malls and very close to Mt Vernon and other notable sites. Close to some resonable and decent resturants and other stores. We enjoyed the early morning walks in the coolest part of the day and parking was very good.

Room Tip: 3rd Floor is always good, next to the Washer & Dryer is good.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
PotomacMillsSHS, Front Office Manager at SpringHill Suites Potomac Mills Woodbridge, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Thanks for taking time to share your guest experience with us! We are happy that you had what sounds like a great 4th of July in DC. Please stop in and see us again if you are back in the area.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

All of the staff from those who checked me in, to the housekeepers, to the breakfast staff were excellent!!. They were all very helpful and they made my stay very pleasant.This is a great feat since i don't care for hotel stays at all, meaning i would prefer to sleep in my car than in a hotel...

The breakfast was a very good variety and very refreshing. My hat off to Deboarh and Brittney - i overslept my last night there and as i was trying to get my car packed they offered breakfast but i just didn't have time if i was going to turn in my rental in on time. By the time i finished packing the car and checking out they had prepared me something to take along. Totally excellent experience!!!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
We love to hear that our guests are treated with excellent service! I will pass along your kind words to Deborah and Brittney. Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to your next stay with us.
Albany, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

Our stay was very nice. All of the hotel employees were extremely friendly and helpful. Debra was extremely friendly and put on quite a spread for breakfast. The food was plentiful and fresh. The breakfast area was very clean. Debra provided excellent service. All in all,a very pleasant stay.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
It is great to hear you had such a great experience during your recent stay with us! We are happy that breakfast exceeded your expectations and that Deborah took great care of you. Thank you for sharing with us. Please come back and visit us should you be in the area.

Been to SpringHill Suites Potomac Mills Woodbridge? Share your experiences!