“Very nice” 5 of 5 stars
Review of SpringHill Suites Potomac Mills Woodbridge

You added SpringHill Suites Potomac Mills Woodbridge to your Saves list
SpringHill Suites Potomac Mills Woodbridge
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   14325 Crossing Place, off exit 158 on I-95, Woodbridge, VA 22192   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #6 of 16 Hotels in Woodbridge
Minot, North Dakota
“Very nice”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

Here on a business trip and got stuck due to a snowstorm. Staff was extremely friendly and helpful, particularly Debra, who had her work cut out for her in the breakfast area. We were able to very easily extend our stay, the breakfast was fresh, and the rooms are roomy and very clean. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Lake Waccamaw, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

After being on the road in rain for 7 hrs alone and making it thru DC unscathed I was happy to stop moving. My husband booked this room for me on-line and I figured it would be the run-of-the-mill basic bed and simple bath for $100. I only hoped it would be clean. Imagine my surprise to find a room 3x the size I expected, very clean and tastefully decorated. I could have lived there for a bit. I was happy there was a frig as I was carrying a cooler of food. The room was well thought out with a spacious sitting area, an “L” shaped couch and 2 tables that were easy to move around as I was eating in. The tv was set up to angle for either the sitting area or the bedroom. The shower was bright and in a separate area from the toilet (both areas had a sink) a perfect arrangement for couples getting ready to go out. I was a little worried about hallway noise and doors slamming but once across the room heard nary a noise. The bed was so comfortable I lingered an hour after waking up before packing up for the next leg of my drive. Even the little coffee maker made a nice cup of coffee, better than what was being served downstairs which was watered down. I only grabbed an easy to-go breakfast of cereal and yogurt , but they did have some hot dishes to choose from. The only thing lacking in the room was a set of plastic-ware and some paper towels for those of us too tired to get back in the car and planning to eat in. All in all I would stay there again if my favorite b&b is not available next time I venture North. Hey, I was impressed enough to take pics to show my husband!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Northern VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

This was an awesome place to stay. The room was very clean and well kept. The kids loved the room layout and spent quite a bit of time in the pool. Thank you again to Ms. Deborah at breakfast - she was very helpful with the kids. Everyone was so friendly - I would highly recommend this hotel :)

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

Wow! Very surprised how this hotel stood out in service and value. If you go to Woodbridge, VA, this is the only place to stay. Close to everything, shopping, restaurants. Overall I found this hotel
to be a Great! Have fun and enjoy.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
PotomacMillsSHS, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Potomac Mills Woodbridge, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay! I am very pleased to know that you recieved excellent service and a great value while staying with us.

We look forward to your future stays with us.

Best Regards,

Laura Niarhos
New York, New York, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

I have stayed here several times in the past year the most recent being over the Christmas holiday. The hotel is bright and immaculate. The design is fun and reminiscent of smaller European hotels. I am an elite member of Marriott’s frequent guest program an every time I check-in (which is completely painless) all of my room preferences are always honored.

The rooms themselves are kind of funky in a cool vibe kind of way. The layout affords a separate sitting area with couch and decent-sized desk and workspace with plenty of charging outlets. In-room wi-fi is complimentary and works pretty well. The “bedroom” part of the room (I have only stayed in a Studio Suite) features a standalone wardrobe and separate stall shower with sink and separate toilet with smaller sink. The only downside to these two separate rooms is that they have frosted glass doors and at night it is impossible to not disturb your other half because there is really nothing to shield the light. The room also features a microwave and coffee machine but breakfast is included in the rate – though with my food allergies I can never partake so cannot comment on that – though the set-up did look to be pretty typical breakfast warm and cold.

The hotel also has a grab and go light refreshment center (for a fee) but the prices were pretty reasonable. There is an indoor pool and fitness center as well but I have not tried any of those yet but they look spotless and well-equipped. This hotel is in a convenient location, near I-95 and the Potomac Mills is obviously right there as well.

All in all this is a solid SpringHill Suites and definitely my preferred choice when staying in the area.

Room Tip: Definitely go for a room on the top floor. Completely quiet.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a detailed review of our hotel. I am very pleased that you have been recieving consistent service and continue to choose our hotel while traveling to the area. Thank you for your continued loyalty and we look forward to your future visits.

Best Regards,

Laura Niarhos
Holly Springs, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

We decided to stay here again as the granddaughters just love the decor of the interior and the rooms. Very modern, clean and well kept. A bargain at the lower end of the marriott trio of hotels at Potomac mills, I just cannot see paying the extra for the residence inn or courtyard each of which is a stone's throw away.

ONLY disappointment this time was the indoor pool tempurature might have been 64 degrees at best!!!! made for a short dip in the water to say the least. Noted it to the front desk and know that it was corrected for the next guests.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Cleveland, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

This is a very solid hotel in the Marriott family. This Springhill Suites is very modern on the inside. The king room was spacious, with a desk, nice sofa, microwave/fridge, and very comfortable bed. They split the bathroom and vanity/shower into two different little alcoves, with very modern sliding doors. Kind of a nice touch, everything felt very modern and very clean. The shower is a big walk-in with a glass door, with additional spray jets that make it feel almost spa-like. No matter what I did, I ended up with a puddle of water outside the shower door. Not a huge issue for me, but I feel like it will eventually cause water damage to the room.

Service was....OK. I stayed over Thanksgiving, so I definitely had the 'B' team of service. The gentlemen at the counter seemed visibly frustrated - there was an elderly couple that was having trouble with the elevator (they were equally frustrated). My check-in was very short, few words were said. Breakfast on Thanksgiving day was not indicative of a 3-star hotel. Cold microwave egg circles and floppy sausage patties. Nearly everything else was out by the time I got downstairs at 8:30 (breakfast ran until 9:30). This was probably a result of the holiday, but that's not a good reason to slack on service. Internet access was extremely slow. Forget about trying to watch Netflix or trying to VPN from your work laptop.

All in all, the room itself was great, but the rest of the service was lacking. I've stayed here before, and this was easily the worst time. That being said, the quality and cleanliness of the room are paramount for me, so I will continue to look for this hotel going forward.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo