“Maintains its standards year over year” 4 of 5 stars
Review of SpringHill Suites Potomac Mills Woodbridge

Save Saved
You added SpringHill Suites Potomac Mills Woodbridge to your Saves list
SpringHill Suites Potomac Mills Woodbridge
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   14325 Crossing Place, off exit 158 on I-95, Woodbridge, VA 22192   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #3 of 14 hotels in Woodbridge
Holly Springs, North Carolina
“Maintains its standards year over year”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

We decided to stay here again as the granddaughters just love the decor of the interior and the rooms. Very modern, clean and well kept. A bargain at the lower end of the marriott trio of hotels at Potomac mills, I just cannot see paying the extra for the residence inn or courtyard each of which is a stone's throw away.

ONLY disappointment this time was the indoor pool tempurature might have been 64 degrees at best!!!! made for a short dip in the water to say the least. Noted it to the front desk and know that it was corrected for the next guests.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

151 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Cleveland, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

This is a very solid hotel in the Marriott family. This Springhill Suites is very modern on the inside. The king room was spacious, with a desk, nice sofa, microwave/fridge, and very comfortable bed. They split the bathroom and vanity/shower into two different little alcoves, with very modern sliding doors. Kind of a nice touch, everything felt very modern and very clean. The shower is a big walk-in with a glass door, with additional spray jets that make it feel almost spa-like. No matter what I did, I ended up with a puddle of water outside the shower door. Not a huge issue for me, but I feel like it will eventually cause water damage to the room.

Service was....OK. I stayed over Thanksgiving, so I definitely had the 'B' team of service. The gentlemen at the counter seemed visibly frustrated - there was an elderly couple that was having trouble with the elevator (they were equally frustrated). My check-in was very short, few words were said. Breakfast on Thanksgiving day was not indicative of a 3-star hotel. Cold microwave egg circles and floppy sausage patties. Nearly everything else was out by the time I got downstairs at 8:30 (breakfast ran until 9:30). This was probably a result of the holiday, but that's not a good reason to slack on service. Internet access was extremely slow. Forget about trying to watch Netflix or trying to VPN from your work laptop.

All in all, the room itself was great, but the rest of the service was lacking. I've stayed here before, and this was easily the worst time. That being said, the quality and cleanliness of the room are paramount for me, so I will continue to look for this hotel going forward.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Chesapeake, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

A nice, modern, clean, well appointed hotel. The bed was comfy and the included breakfast was OK. All the staff were friendly. There are lots of restaurants and shops nearby, and a Starbucks very near. All in all a good stay, but the price was perhaps $30+ over the top.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

My family of 5 stayed at this hotel August 24 enroute to the Outer Banks, North Carolina from Toronto. We usually stay in this town because of the Potomac Mills Mall but have always stayed in the Wytestone Suites hotel. I took TA reviewers advice and booked this hotel for us and two other families. We were not disappointed. Check in was fast and courteous. Hotel lobby looked modern and rooms were clean and comfortable. All three of my teenagers were impressed..which speaks volumes. The included breakfast was standard, no complaints. The location is right off the interstate and surrounded by large box stores, ie Target ,Walmart, Bed Bath and Beyond and of course the Potomac Mills Mall which is a great place to shop if anyone is interested. There are also many restaurants within 1-2 miles radius. We paid 148.00 taxes included with the CAA/AAA discount. Book it you wont be disappointed.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012 via mobile

I usually stay in Courtyards and recently decided to try the other limited stay properties is this portfolio. I'm impressed! Clean, new decor in rooms and lobby. I think I'll stick with my own breakfast though, and scrambled eggs and sausage were less than appealing.

• Stayed August 2012
NH
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

Stayed here for one night on my way to SC. The hotel is modern and looks nice. The bed was comfortable but too close to a loud air conditioner when it was on. My family and I stayed in a 2 queen bed/sleep sofa room, which was big enough for the 4 of us. The room only had 1 tv where as other hotels I have stayed in that have the same size room have 2 tv's (2 tv's in a room when traveling with 2 teenagers is a plus). The morning breakfast was good and staff was friendly when I checked in/out. The hotel is near resturants and stores. I would stay here again the next time I'm in the area.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Brentwood, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

This hotel looks lovely, very modern, but I didn't find it very comfortable at all. The bed was too close to the air conditioner, which needed to be on as the weather was so warm, but that meant it blew on me all night. That along with a thick duvet made for an uncomfortable night.
We had asked for a quiet room, but were given one on the road side, saying no-one before had found a problem, but I found I could hear it.
There was no room available with a king bed and a bath, so we only had a shower available.
Breakfast had very little choice. We were going to stay two nights, but I couldn't face another night and checked out.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
PotomacMillsSHS, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Potomac Mills Woodbridge, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
Dear Guest, We strive to make every guest's stay a comfortable one. I do apologize that this was not the experience you had encountered. I appreciate you taking the time to review us and will make improvements on the comments you provided. Best Regards, Laura Niarhos - General Manager

Been to SpringHill Suites Potomac Mills Woodbridge? Share your experiences!