“Great rooms, service is lacking” 4 of 5 stars
Review of SpringHill Suites Potomac Mills Woodbridge

Save Saved
You added SpringHill Suites Potomac Mills Woodbridge to your Saves list
SpringHill Suites Potomac Mills Woodbridge
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   14325 Crossing Place, off exit 158 on I-95, Woodbridge, VA 22192   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #2 of 14 hotels in Woodbridge
Cleveland, Ohio
“Great rooms, service is lacking”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

This is a very solid hotel in the Marriott family. This Springhill Suites is very modern on the inside. The king room was spacious, with a desk, nice sofa, microwave/fridge, and very comfortable bed. They split the bathroom and vanity/shower into two different little alcoves, with very modern sliding doors. Kind of a nice touch, everything felt very modern and very clean. The shower is a big walk-in with a glass door, with additional spray jets that make it feel almost spa-like. No matter what I did, I ended up with a puddle of water outside the shower door. Not a huge issue for me, but I feel like it will eventually cause water damage to the room.

Service was....OK. I stayed over Thanksgiving, so I definitely had the 'B' team of service. The gentlemen at the counter seemed visibly frustrated - there was an elderly couple that was having trouble with the elevator (they were equally frustrated). My check-in was very short, few words were said. Breakfast on Thanksgiving day was not indicative of a 3-star hotel. Cold microwave egg circles and floppy sausage patties. Nearly everything else was out by the time I got downstairs at 8:30 (breakfast ran until 9:30). This was probably a result of the holiday, but that's not a good reason to slack on service. Internet access was extremely slow. Forget about trying to watch Netflix or trying to VPN from your work laptop.

All in all, the room itself was great, but the rest of the service was lacking. I've stayed here before, and this was easily the worst time. That being said, the quality and cleanliness of the room are paramount for me, so I will continue to look for this hotel going forward.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo

146 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Chesapeake, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

A nice, modern, clean, well appointed hotel. The bed was comfy and the included breakfast was OK. All the staff were friendly. There are lots of restaurants and shops nearby, and a Starbucks very near. All in all a good stay, but the price was perhaps $30+ over the top.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

My family of 5 stayed at this hotel August 24 enroute to the Outer Banks, North Carolina from Toronto. We usually stay in this town because of the Potomac Mills Mall but have always stayed in the Wytestone Suites hotel. I took TA reviewers advice and booked this hotel for us and two other families. We were not disappointed. Check in was fast and courteous. Hotel lobby looked modern and rooms were clean and comfortable. All three of my teenagers were impressed..which speaks volumes. The included breakfast was standard, no complaints. The location is right off the interstate and surrounded by large box stores, ie Target ,Walmart, Bed Bath and Beyond and of course the Potomac Mills Mall which is a great place to shop if anyone is interested. There are also many restaurants within 1-2 miles radius. We paid 148.00 taxes included with the CAA/AAA discount. Book it you wont be disappointed.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012 via mobile

I usually stay in Courtyards and recently decided to try the other limited stay properties is this portfolio. I'm impressed! Clean, new decor in rooms and lobby. I think I'll stick with my own breakfast though, and scrambled eggs and sausage were less than appealing.

• Stayed August 2012
NH
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

Stayed here for one night on my way to SC. The hotel is modern and looks nice. The bed was comfortable but too close to a loud air conditioner when it was on. My family and I stayed in a 2 queen bed/sleep sofa room, which was big enough for the 4 of us. The room only had 1 tv where as other hotels I have stayed in that have the same size room have 2 tv's (2 tv's in a room when traveling with 2 teenagers is a plus). The morning breakfast was good and staff was friendly when I checked in/out. The hotel is near resturants and stores. I would stay here again the next time I'm in the area.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Brentwood, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

This hotel looks lovely, very modern, but I didn't find it very comfortable at all. The bed was too close to the air conditioner, which needed to be on as the weather was so warm, but that meant it blew on me all night. That along with a thick duvet made for an uncomfortable night.
We had asked for a quiet room, but were given one on the road side, saying no-one before had found a problem, but I found I could hear it.
There was no room available with a king bed and a bath, so we only had a shower available.
Breakfast had very little choice. We were going to stay two nights, but I couldn't face another night and checked out.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
PotomacMillsSHS, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Potomac Mills Woodbridge, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
Dear Guest, We strive to make every guest's stay a comfortable one. I do apologize that this was not the experience you had encountered. I appreciate you taking the time to review us and will make improvements on the comments you provided. Best Regards, Laura Niarhos - General Manager
Pleasant Mechanicsville, Va
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

Please read GermanGemini's review below as I experienced much of the same. When I travel I stay at SpringHill whenever possible. I know what to expect, a clean and comfortable room, quiet hotel, great location. This location was perfect for my travel party. Tucked off the main road, easy to access 95, Target across the street, several eateries and Potomac Mills shopping mecca near by.
Hotel grounds nice and clean, inside lobby area with new "modern" (looked cheap and like a Fairfield Inn) decor needed to be swept as small bits and pieces of trash where lying about at 1pm when we checked in. Took elevator to 6th floor, hallways are either not a/c'd or was broken as it was HOT, The outside temps were100+ outside and there was little relief inside the hallway to our room. Once inside the room we turned the a/c on and down to 72. Came back after going to IKEA and dinner and room slightly cooler. I turned the a/c down to 67 and slept on the bed closest to a/c unit blowing directly on me. FInally I cooled off.
Bathroom: Seperate toilet area which was nice but no place to hang a hand towel, Other bathing area had tub/shower and a large light over the sink which didn't work. Good thing no one needed to apply makeup becuase it was dark, only the light over the shower unit worked. Exhaust fan barely ran. Only 3 bath towels, great for my party but not a party larger than 3.
TV: analog channels terrible reception, digital no problems.
Breakfast: typical SpringHill breakfast, small eating area, warm orange juice.

I love SpringHIll but not this location.Dislike the Fairfield Inn type cheapy looking furniture and the hot hallways. Yes, Fairfield is Marriott but I don't stay at them becuase Springhill is typically more upscale, not this one. When I go back for my annual shopping trip I will stay at Courtyard directly across from this location.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Potomac Mills Woodbridge, responded to this review, July 11, 2012
Dear Guest,

I appreciate your comments and taking the time to rate our hotel. I do sincerely apologize for the issue we were having with the A/C on the guestroom hallways. During your stay with us, one of the units that supplies the air to the hallways went out during our area-wide power outage and we are working hard to get this fixed as soon as possible. The company we are wokring with will have it up and running by this Friday, July 13th.

Please do not hesitate to contact me directly if you should have any questions or concerns. I hope that you will consider staying with us again in the future.

Best Regards,

Laura Niarhos

Been to SpringHill Suites Potomac Mills Woodbridge? Share your experiences!