“Not up to par with other SpringHill's I have stayed at” 3 of 5 stars
Review of SpringHill Suites Potomac Mills Woodbridge

Save Saved
You added SpringHill Suites Potomac Mills Woodbridge to your Saves list
SpringHill Suites Potomac Mills Woodbridge
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   14325 Crossing Place, off exit 158 on I-95, Woodbridge, VA 22192   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #3 of 14 hotels in Woodbridge
Pleasant Mechanicsville, Va
“Not up to par with other SpringHill's I have stayed at”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

Please read GermanGemini's review below as I experienced much of the same. When I travel I stay at SpringHill whenever possible. I know what to expect, a clean and comfortable room, quiet hotel, great location. This location was perfect for my travel party. Tucked off the main road, easy to access 95, Target across the street, several eateries and Potomac Mills shopping mecca near by.
Hotel grounds nice and clean, inside lobby area with new "modern" (looked cheap and like a Fairfield Inn) decor needed to be swept as small bits and pieces of trash where lying about at 1pm when we checked in. Took elevator to 6th floor, hallways are either not a/c'd or was broken as it was HOT, The outside temps were100+ outside and there was little relief inside the hallway to our room. Once inside the room we turned the a/c on and down to 72. Came back after going to IKEA and dinner and room slightly cooler. I turned the a/c down to 67 and slept on the bed closest to a/c unit blowing directly on me. FInally I cooled off.
Bathroom: Seperate toilet area which was nice but no place to hang a hand towel, Other bathing area had tub/shower and a large light over the sink which didn't work. Good thing no one needed to apply makeup becuase it was dark, only the light over the shower unit worked. Exhaust fan barely ran. Only 3 bath towels, great for my party but not a party larger than 3.
TV: analog channels terrible reception, digital no problems.
Breakfast: typical SpringHill breakfast, small eating area, warm orange juice.

I love SpringHIll but not this location.Dislike the Fairfield Inn type cheapy looking furniture and the hot hallways. Yes, Fairfield is Marriott but I don't stay at them becuase Springhill is typically more upscale, not this one. When I go back for my annual shopping trip I will stay at Courtyard directly across from this location.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Potomac Mills Woodbridge, responded to this review, July 11, 2012
Dear Guest,

I appreciate your comments and taking the time to rate our hotel. I do sincerely apologize for the issue we were having with the A/C on the guestroom hallways. During your stay with us, one of the units that supplies the air to the hallways went out during our area-wide power outage and we are working hard to get this fixed as soon as possible. The company we are wokring with will have it up and running by this Friday, July 13th.

Please do not hesitate to contact me directly if you should have any questions or concerns. I hope that you will consider staying with us again in the future.

Laura Niarhos

151 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Rockford, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012

Stayed here on points, thank goodness because I would have been frustrated to pay. The room layout is unusual, but the bigger challenge was trying to keep it cool. Halls are not air conditioned and being on the top (6th) floor, we had to put pillows at the crck under the door at night to keep the heat out.

It was nice to have a fridge and microwave in the room. Pull out bed is better than most but queen beds seemed a bit small.

Property was not as clean as expected for Marriott and the beds were a bit hard. Free breakfast was typical but not ready on time... We waited 25 min. On check out day and left at 7:15 because only a few things were close to ready.

The pool is very small but the work-out room is bigger than most.

I won't stay here again.

Room Tip: Pick a mid floor room away from elevator. Covered parking is available in back.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

I do apologize for the experience you had during your previous stay with us in Woodbridge, VA. We had experienced a mechanical issue with one of our AC units that supplies the air to the guestroom hallways and are working hard to get this fixed as soon as possible, I can understand how uncomfortable this can be when it is 100 degrees outside.

Please accept my apologies and I do hope that you would consider staying with us again. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly if you should have any other questions.

Laura Niarhos
Moreisville
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2012

So I decided to stay here for just one night while passing through the Virginia/DC area. On many occasions I stay in downtown DC at places like the GWU Inn in Foggy Bottom. However this time I wanted to stay far outside the city and do some driving. When looking around for a hotel this one popped up with good prices and a good reviews so I gave it a chance. I must say, I was not disappointed. The hotel is nestled back behind a shopping plaza with easy access to the main highway but far enough back to be "out of the way." The staff are all very pleasant and will do whatever they can to make your stay comfortable. The room decor is nice and the floor plan is well thought out. My room included the continental breakfast, which did not set any world cuisine records, but sufficed for a single day. If I have a need to stay in this area again, I will indeed use this hotel.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
, Manager at SpringHill Suites Potomac Mills Woodbridge, responded to this review, July 11, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us.

We look forward to your future visits!

Laura
Honolulu, Hawaii
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

Stayed here for 1 night during power failure throughout the DC area. The hotel was an air conditioned Godsend - modern and pleasant with good-sized rooms. The breakfast was standard, the fitness center was better than average. The rooms separated the toilet from the shower into 2 rooms, with frosted glass sliding doors. I'm not a big fan, since the whole room lights up when you use the bathroom in the middle of the night. Additionally, the AC unit was inadequate to cool the entire room. As a result, the bed next to the unit was cold and the couch on the far side of the room was hot. The staff was helpful and pleasant - they worked hard in a crisis to make sure all us "refugees" were comfortable!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2012 via mobile

Stayed recently for trip down south. Very modern interior. Rooms had a loft apartment feel. Very cool car wash shower. Great breakfast included with stay. Clean fresh rooms that I would look to stay in again.

• Stayed May 2012
Asheville, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

Service was exceptional. Outstanding breakfast -- hot oatmeal not out of a packet! Lots of choices. And
breakfast area not crowded. Really found this excellent.

Room Tip: Exceptional handicapped rooms -- close to elevator. Options on types of pillows, etc. are extraord...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Jacksonville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2012

Thanks to Mary and Jaffinee from the beginning to the end of our stay was great. The most pleasant greeting I have ever had Great Job ladies!! The hotel is located in an awesome place everything you need is right there.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family

Been to SpringHill Suites Potomac Mills Woodbridge? Share your experiences!