“Enjoyed my stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of SpringHill Suites Potomac Mills Woodbridge

Save Saved
You added SpringHill Suites Potomac Mills Woodbridge to your Saves list
SpringHill Suites Potomac Mills Woodbridge
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   14325 Crossing Place, off exit 158 on I-95, Woodbridge, VA 22192   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #3 of 14 Hotels in Woodbridge
North Carolina
“Enjoyed my stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2011

Stayed here as part of a tour group so I had no say in the matter and do not know what the "cost" was. I was very pleased with the hotel. The modern appearance didn't appeal to me but it also didn't turn me off. The room was clean and quiet. I had 3 great nights of sleep. The hotel had other groups but there never seemed to be a problem. Breakfast was sufficient and on par with most hotels.

• Stayed April 2011
PotomacMillsSHS, Manager at SpringHill Suites Potomac Mills Woodbridge, responded to this review, April 14, 2011
Dear Guest,

We appreciate your comments and we are happy we could offer you a good night's rest while visiting and touring Washington D.C. Hope you had a nice trip home.

Thanks again,

Management

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Syracuse, NY
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2011

How I wish I had read these reviews before spending the last several weeks trying to book a block of rooms at this hotel for a fall wedding. Like the reviewer below who received bad service in November 2010, I was ignored and/or put off by the director of sales and the hotel manager. I wasted a lot of time before realizing I'd be better off elsewhere.

I was initially told that the hotel could provide a dedicated shuttle for our guests to/from the reception, for a nightly group rate of $129; the group rate without shuttle service had been $109. The sales director's proposal contained the incorrect number of rooms; after telling me she'd update the proposal, she allowed it to lapse instead. When I finally succeeded in getting her to return my emails and messages, she no longer had enough rooms available at group rates. When I asked for a reduced number of rooms, she offered them at the low, low group rate of $129 per night - this time WITHOUT a shuttle. In other words, the same rate for less service - and this "group" rate was $10 more expensive than the individual rates available at marriott.com.

As annoying as it was to have wasted several weeks in chasing down the sales director, it was more so to listen to her repeated excuses for why she couldn't call me back or return my emails. In our last conversation, she promised to return my call in 15 minutes - I was still waiting 55 minutes later when my daughter (the bride) took over the disagreeable chore of communicating with the sales director. The hotel manager had a different approach - he simply refused to return my call, although I'd identified myself as a Marriott Gold Rewards member (this counts for absolutely nothing, btw) and asked for his reassurance that his hotel could deliver good service, despite the sales director's example. It obviously cannot.

I like Springhill Suites (though there are noise issues, as other reviewers have said). But I would NEVER book a group into this hotel as long as the management is so thoroughly unprofessional.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled solo
Dear Guest,

On behalf of the Springhill Suites at Potomac Mills we apologize for not giving you the high standard of hospitality which is the general norm of our hotel. We appreciate your comments and will use them constructively.

Honolulu, HI
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2011

It's a great hotel in a good area. Very new. I love the flat screen!!!!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay at our new Springhill Suites and look forward to your future visits with us.

New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2011

This new hotel looks great but has some issues with it's young staff. The hotel's internet went out and, instead of telling me there was an issue, the young clerk insinuated it was laptop at fault. Came to find out, the service had been out all day. A little honesty goes a long way. The hotel also had no ESPN. This was almost more distrubing than the internet, almost. With the prelude to March Madness, ESPN is a must for the solo businessman.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
Toronto
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2011

What a different design from the other hotels that we have stayed at on our way to Florida. Very modern design. Like the separate rooms for toilet and shower. Like the extra space to set out two suitcases. Even the studio suite had a fridge and microwave. Although it wasn't snowing so we didn't use it, the hotel offers underground parking. We didn't get up in time for breakfast, so no comments there. Because we stayed three nights, it would have been nice to have more closet and drawer space. And housekeeping forgot about us one day. Also, I expect the desk to be able to provide a local map, if asked. Other than that it was a comfortable place to stay.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2010

Stayed here for a baseball tournament. I will be the first to say that the hotel is brand new and looks stunning. Staff is very young and 'chill' they just kinda hang around and smile to you when you pass by. I think we were greeted every time we came back to the hotel.

Just so happened that multiple baseball teams stayed here as well. The rooms are spacious and modern. There is a couch with sofa bed, mini bar, one TV, toilet room and shower room, and a work area. Internet is slow 0.7-1mb/s but fine for basic internet usage.

The walls are paper thin and I slept maybe 4 hours the first night. I could hear a baby crying down the hall and kids running back and forth two stories up at 2 AM. If you plan to stay here, make sure it isn't a baseball tourney weekend. Otherwise, spend the extra money to stay at one of the other two Marriots next door.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family
Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2010

Good luck if you want to book this hotel for an event.
Having stayed at other Spring Hill Suites, we were glad to see tis hotel now open. We tried to contact the sales department rep to schedule a room block for an event. After a couple of days, she finally tried to call and we were disconnected. She made no attempt to call back, nor did she answer any phone messages left on her voice mail, in my attempt to reconnect. I also, tried to reach a manager, again voice mail. After four hours, called back, voice mail again. At long last, I finally got connected with a manager had a very abrupt conversation, with someone who certainly doesn't value the customer or potential client. Meetings, busy,plenty of excuses, he kept interrupting, yet accusatory, that I was talking over him. Bottom line, I would never recommend this hotel's sales department for booking large parties, unless, you want to play phone tag and feel like they are doing you a favor, instead of making the client feel welcome. The real clincher is that the date wasn't even available, had the sales rep taken two minutes of her time to let us know,all of the aggravation could have been avoided.

• Stayed November 2010

Been to SpringHill Suites Potomac Mills Woodbridge? Share your experiences!