“great place to relax on the weekends or after work” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Description: 703-492-7256
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“great place to relax on the weekends or after work”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2011

Great place, Eclectic crowd...awesome food. The upstairs bar is private.....the water view is simply amazing.

Note...after 9ish...this place turns into a night club, so be ready :-)

• Visited September 2011

54% Recommend
“Good food - upstairs”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2011 via mobile

I stopped for dinner and sat at the upstairs bar which was very classy. The bartender was nice and the service was great. I wondered what the food would be like based on other reviews, but my shrimp and scampi pasta with marinara was excellent! I will be back next time I'm in the area.

Lake Ridge, Virginia
“Hidden Gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2011

For the first time, we at upstairs in the restaurant at the Electric Palm. We had eaten downstairs in the bar area a couple of times, but had never ventured upstairs. I don't think it is advertised very well that they serve different food upstairs and down. What a surprise! The food was delicious! We actually went back again about a week later and tried different things ~ again, delish! If you haven't tried this restaurant, do yourself a favor and go! Ask to sit outside upstairs ~ great views...

• Visited August 2011
Manassas
“Loved it!!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2011 via mobile

Very pleasant experience. Fantastic customer service, the food was delicious and the view was awesome. We loved the crab dip; it is the best I have ever had!!! My new favorite place to eat hands down!

Lorton, Virginia
“Really unfortunate experience”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2011

My husband and I were looking forward to trying a new restaurant and upon arrival thought we may have found an unique place to perhaps bring friends and family to when they visit. Unfortunately that was the high point of our experience. We decided to sit inside where it was more quite but could have easily taken a seat out on their patio and enjoyed some live entertainment they had. After 15 minutes of sitting at our table right next to the door to the patio we found it hard to believe that not one waiter, waitress, hostess or management that walked by us had taken notice that we hadn't been greeted. The young hostess' that sat us seemed to look over several times but did nothing. My husband went over to nicely ask if we could please have a waiter take our order. 5 more minutes later one of the waiters that passed our table many times finally came over and apologized about some miscommunication in the back. He took our order and brought out our salads and everything looked up. After a little longer than normal wait I noticed the waiter walking out the door to the patio with an entree that looked to be what I ordered and watched him place it down on someone else's table. I then watched him go back to the kitchen with the plate. 3 minutes later he and my entree makes it to our table while the waiter admits to his blunder which is excusable...only I was missing my side and my fries. He returns a minute later with my slaw but tells me he'll be back with my fries. My husband and I both nearly completed our meals before the waiter returns to ask how everything is...I mean was. It was then that I reminded him of my missing fries. He dropped off the fries and was gone so fast without another apology and unfortunately without any ketchup that we just had to give up. At the table next to us another waiter comes over to take a couples order that had been seated 20 minutes prior only they had never been given menus.
Do I blame this on untrained inexperienced staff? No!. Both my husband and I have worked in the food service industry in our youth and know how hard it is. But without good management and training unfortunately you're bound to receive the poor experience we did.
Hostess staff, take notice when a table you sat doesn't have water on their table. Even 4 minutes sitting without being greeted by someone is too long. Waiters and waitress, look out for and communicate with each other better and less like a free agent. If you're lucky someone could have your back the next time. And lastly, management, do your business, staff and clientele a favor and invest in the time to properly train and brief your workers on as an ongoing process if repeat business and word of mouth advertising is of any interest or concern.
The food was good and the atmosphere and view is very nice but if it weren't for the fact we had an Entertainment book discount we would have been left with a truly bad taste in our mouths. We won't be back but do wish you success.

• Visited July 2011