“Good food - upstairs” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Description: 703-492-7256
“Good food - upstairs”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2011 via mobile

I stopped for dinner and sat at the upstairs bar which was very classy. The bartender was nice and the service was great. I wondered what the food would be like based on other reviews, but my shrimp and scampi pasta with marinara was excellent! I will be back next time I'm in the area.

54% Recommend
Lake Ridge, Virginia
“Hidden Gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2011

For the first time, we at upstairs in the restaurant at the Electric Palm. We had eaten downstairs in the bar area a couple of times, but had never ventured upstairs. I don't think it is advertised very well that they serve different food upstairs and down. What a surprise! The food was delicious! We actually went back again about a week later and tried different things ~ again, delish! If you haven't tried this restaurant, do yourself a favor and go! Ask to sit outside upstairs ~ great views...

• Visited August 2011
Manassas
“Loved it!!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2011 via mobile

Very pleasant experience. Fantastic customer service, the food was delicious and the view was awesome. We loved the crab dip; it is the best I have ever had!!! My new favorite place to eat hands down!

Lorton, Virginia
“Really unfortunate experience”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2011

My husband and I were looking forward to trying a new restaurant and upon arrival thought we may have found an unique place to perhaps bring friends and family to when they visit. Unfortunately that was the high point of our experience. We decided to sit inside where it was more quite but could have easily taken a seat out on their patio and enjoyed some live entertainment they had. After 15 minutes of sitting at our table right next to the door to the patio we found it hard to believe that not one waiter, waitress, hostess or management that walked by us had taken notice that we hadn't been greeted. The young hostess' that sat us seemed to look over several times but did nothing. My husband went over to nicely ask if we could please have a waiter take our order. 5 more minutes later one of the waiters that passed our table many times finally came over and apologized about some miscommunication in the back. He took our order and brought out our salads and everything looked up. After a little longer than normal wait I noticed the waiter walking out the door to the patio with an entree that looked to be what I ordered and watched him place it down on someone else's table. I then watched him go back to the kitchen with the plate. 3 minutes later he and my entree makes it to our table while the waiter admits to his blunder which is excusable...only I was missing my side and my fries. He returns a minute later with my slaw but tells me he'll be back with my fries. My husband and I both nearly completed our meals before the waiter returns to ask how everything is...I mean was. It was then that I reminded him of my missing fries. He dropped off the fries and was gone so fast without another apology and unfortunately without any ketchup that we just had to give up. At the table next to us another waiter comes over to take a couples order that had been seated 20 minutes prior only they had never been given menus.
Do I blame this on untrained inexperienced staff? No!. Both my husband and I have worked in the food service industry in our youth and know how hard it is. But without good management and training unfortunately you're bound to receive the poor experience we did.
Hostess staff, take notice when a table you sat doesn't have water on their table. Even 4 minutes sitting without being greeted by someone is too long. Waiters and waitress, look out for and communicate with each other better and less like a free agent. If you're lucky someone could have your back the next time. And lastly, management, do your business, staff and clientele a favor and invest in the time to properly train and brief your workers on as an ongoing process if repeat business and word of mouth advertising is of any interest or concern.
The food was good and the atmosphere and view is very nice but if it weren't for the fact we had an Entertainment book discount we would have been left with a truly bad taste in our mouths. We won't be back but do wish you success.

• Visited July 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Lorton, Virginia
“Not worth the $”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2011

I usually would not write a negative review but the experience my family and I received today, I think deserves such a review. I will try to break our service down by minutes: 5 min to get water; 10 min to place drink order; 10 min to place food order (to include appetizers); 30 mins to get the first order (a Cuban sandwich) to the table; additional 10-13 mins to get second order (grilled cheese sandwich) to the table; additional 10 mins to get third order (french dip sandwich) to the table; and lastly, an additional 15 mins to get a BLT (minus the tomato) to the table! Number of times the server came over to check on us...TWICE at best. I actually had to get up and get my family refills on drinks!! my wife and I worked in the food service industry so we know the challenges wait and kitchen staff have to face, but when it takes you almost 30 minutes to get a BL(-T) sandwich from getting your first order, you have to throw a red flag!! The manager/owner/whoever it was finally came over after 50+min asking how our meal was. I told her the service was slow and she basically said...NOTHING!! Did I mention she saw me get up twice to get my family refills on drinks?!?! Their response was they were busy! I think having a busy restaurant is a good thing instead of using it as an excuse! Honestly, this restaurant was not "busy"at 12:30 p.m. with only a third of their tables filled. Now let me get to the food--mediocre at best, and that's being polite!
To the owners of electric palm, I hope you take this advise, re-evaluate your customer service and kitchen operations if you want to continue to stay in business. Oh, and maybe watch Food Network or Gordon Ramsey to get at least some ideas on how to run your restaurant better.

• Visited July 2011