“Under New Management” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Woodbridge, Virginia, United States
“Under New Management”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2012

The Marsala Magic is under new management and the new owner is anxious to please and is personally involved in your user experience. I had the Nepalese Chicken Curry (Indian Spicy) and was rewarded with a major endorphin experience. The heat comes on slow and has a long finish with out a flashy burn. It is obvious they are trying to make it work and there does not seem to be anyone left from the old crew. Give it another try and I think you will be suprised. I thought it was very good and much improved.

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

“in one word-Unhygenic”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2012 via mobile

the food was average. The music was crappy. I have been there both on buffet and on the evening when there is no buffet. I saw a mouse running across the floor. Can you believe it ? The plates had little stains on it. You cudnt see that. But if you look carefully you would. And I noticed one waiter using the same napkin we had used, to rub the plates. I was so disgusted by the experience, I cudnot eat the food. But since I had ordered it, I paid for it and ate a little bit. after seeing this, I would never rrcommend this restaurant to anyone. Highly unhygenic period.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
East Lansing, Michigan
“Unknown Great Tibetan/Nepali/Indian Place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2012

I am usually against anything that has fusion in the name, but these sincere professional young couple owners are trying to introduce Woodbridge slowly to some Tibetan and Nepalese food. If you go, try the momos. They are a Tibetan form of dumpling like potstickers. Excellent!!!! Also, their papri chat (Indian) was the best version I have had, even above the high end Indian restaurants I ordered them from.
The best part is that the owner let me come in during their closed hours to order takeout.

The restaurant is very nice, clean, reasonably price, great service and great food.

Visited January 2012
Woodbridge
“I could accept lukewarm temps on buffet, but not cool temp foods !”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2012

After previous successful trips to Masala Magic to both the lunch buffet as well as ordering dinner off the menu, I recommended buffet lunch to meet with an old friend (who BTW, is an Indian food fan). We quickly noted that the food was, very cool (muchless not warm) in the serving trays. I have experienced lukewarm buffet food on a rare occasion, but cool? The waitress apologized and said that nobody had stirred the food recently. She did so, and it seemed to have very little effect. The previously very nice naan was not the same consistency. I was very embarrassed to have recommended Masala Magic to a good friend from out of town.
The variety on the buffet was above average, and the food seemed relatively "fresh" but so what? The price for buffet is $8.95 The restaurant advertises being open during the week but we found that they are regularly CLOSED on Mondays. One other stinker...the day we were there, the outside temp was about 35 degrees, and I swear the bathroom must have been 36 ! Could not have had ANY heat in there. Big disappointment all around. No apologies from staff or owner. I am usually a very "positive" rater, willing to give the benefit of the doubt. Verdict: I will never return nor recommend.

• Visited January 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“dont expect good Indian food”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2012

Even though this place is supposed to be Indian fusion, it is no way close to true Indian food. The food is very bland. Buffet is just ok for the price. If you are looking for good Indian food this is definitely not the place to be in.

• Visited November 2011