“Amazing gem!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Woodbridge, Virginia, United States
“Amazing gem!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

I absolutely love this place! The food is wonderful and the owner and his family are one of the most wonderful people I have ever seen. The naan is fresh made right a front of you and all food is fresh cooked to perfection with the perfect spice combination. The flavours are simply wonderful. It's little gem hidden in the small shopping center but well worth to look for. I took my father here, who vas visiting us from Europe, and he agrees with me completely. He enjoyed everything and wants definitely to go back when visiting next time. Thank you very much for this wonderful place where we can experience the amazing food and atmosphere :)

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

DC Metro and Wilmington NC
“Pretty Good”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

While waiting in traffic one evening I saw the sign and remembered the good reviews on TA, so I decided to stop in for a dinner to go. Staff was nice, food was pretty good and reasonably priced but overall was nothing special. Worth a try.

• Visited March 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Chicago
“Made the day!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

We were on a road trip, with very modest expectations for dinner. Then we found this spot. Simple storefront but the food is incredibly good and unique. The chef, and co-owner, kept appearing from the kitchen with new sauces to try, each more interesting than those before. Spices were delightful, fabulous homemade Naan, tender lamb perfectly cooked, generous portions. So happy we gave it a try. And it clearly makes them happy to please their customers.
Go!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Houston, Texas
“Feel good food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2014

This small restaurant is located in an unassuming location near the outlets. The menu has items to satisfy a variety of palates and service is excellent. I went in for a buffet thinking I was going to get a large quantity of mediocre food, but I was wrong. The owner made sure we were comfortable and had fresh naan and chicken tandoori prepared for us. The food is has a more authentic, home-cooked style to it rather than restaurant-style. My favorite buffet items were the butter chicken and spinach sabzi. Definitely try the mint-lemonade. I wasn't a fan of the daal, and the rice seemed a bit dry. Otherwise, the buffet is a great value and will leave you more than satisfied.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Woodbridge, Virginia
“rethink location, think customer”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

I am a vegetarian and a big fan of middle eastern cuisine. I am grateful for any establishment offering these choices. But I think Al-Zaytoun needs to rethink its location and its menu. It is a tiny place with only one or two sit down tables. It also has a tiny kitchen so cannot deal with a lot of volume. So you could be in for a long wait, depending on what you order. This is a friendly family business but the menu seems to be more based on what works for the proprietor, than on what the customer wants. Whatever you want seems to come only in packages with things or quantities you probably don't want. Either move to premises with a bigger kitchen and specialize in take out. Or get a bigger kitchen and more seating and be a proper restaurant. And give customers more and simpler choices.

• Visited June 2013