“Delicious food, made from scratch!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 221 Restaurants in Woodbridge
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Pakistani
California
“Delicious food, made from scratch!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2011

The owners are friendly and the food is authentic. Everything is made from scratch, to include the naan bread (you'll see the dough balls when you walk in). We've lived in the area for just over a month and have eaten there 3 times, twice dine-in and once take out. The dine-in buffet is perfectly balanced with the right number of dishes, and their karahi (think hearty chicken or lamb stew) is exceptional. Don't miss the fresh mint lemonade either. Their prices are a great value for the quality of food

Visited July 2011

Woodbridge, Virginia
“What an AMAZING find!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2011

Had the buffet at Al-Zaytoun last night for the first time and will definitely be going back for more! We just moved to Woodbridge and are trying all the local restaurants. We picked Al-Zaytoun because we have never had Pakistani / Afghani food before. It is our new favorite. The owners explained everything on the buffet to us and even cooked fresh fish and chicken patties (forgot the name) for us to try. My husband and son loved the spices but some dishes were a little too warm for me. The owner went out of his way to make some milder dishes for me and offered a yogurt sauce to cool things off. If you go, don't hesitate to tell them your preferred spice level....they are happy to accomodate. Also, don't miss the mint lemonade.....it is so refreshing! So glad we found this restaurant....we will definitely be going back and recommending it to everyone we meet!

PS. Our GPS has this restaurant mismarked with a right turn instead of a left....if you can't find it, go the other direction :)

• Visited June 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Contrary to the exterior the food and service is absolutely amazing!!! Wonderful find.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2011

I was a little nervous because its didn't have the most suave exterior. But once we were inside the owner greeted us and was amazingly friendly. He explained what everything was and even let us sample some tandori chicken. We had the buffet which was priced very reasonably and tasted awesome. They give you fresh na'an (bread) that they make right in front of you (that's rare these days). For dessert we had rus malai (at the owners recommendation) and I really enjoyed it. All in all it's a dimond in the rough. Great food, great prices, amazingly friendly service. Definitely going back soon.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Woodbridge, Virginia
“Wow! What a gem of a find!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2011

Al-Zaytoun Kabob and Grill specializes in Pakistani and Afghani food. I never would have imagined how good the food would be just by driving by the strip mall that it is housed as I expected good carry out food - but got so much more!!! The food was super and very reasonable when it came to price. My husband and I both got the buffet which included huge naan bread, rice (brown and white), 5-6 misc. sides, samosas, and tandoori chicken. The chickpeas were outstanding and the service was great. It was such a huge spread. I also tried their mint lemonade which was very, very tasty! I highly recommend this place as I have a feeling that it will become a staple in my life (since I only live less than a mile away). Try it and you'll love it!

• Visited May 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
IMG_0020.JPG
“Try it, you will be pleasantly surprised.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2011

Two of three of my favorite Woodbridge locations. Nothing fancy, nice neighborhood feel. Owners always going out of the way to ensure everything they serve is tasty. Prices are exceptionally reasonable when compared to similar D.C restaurant menus.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere