“WORST PLACE EVER” 1 of 5 stars

Type: Dinner Theaters
Attraction Details
“WORST PLACE EVER”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

Ok so I'm on a school trip right now so I didn't pick this place. They made you dress up and they get you all excited but when you get there it looks like a trailer. This place was so gross! It smell terribly of mold. Plus I sat under a leaky pipe that drip all over me all night. I also got bit by a moth and 3 of my fellow students literally threw up in there bathrooms from the food. This place is lucky to even be open right now. I think that no one should have to eat there ever again. It was horrible. My server was rude as ever when she takes to me. And there was duck tape all over the place.

Visited May 2013

Woodbridge, Virginia
3 attraction reviews
“Entertaining but food was not so great”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

The dinner theatre part of Lazy Susan is pretty great for local entertainment. Of course there will always be a few overactors, but I didn't expect the food to be so blah. Would have paid a few more dollars to get much higher quality food. The buffet style of getting the food didn't bother me so much--it was just tasteless :(

Gaithersburg, Maryland
40 attraction reviews
“An unexpected experience!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

We went to enjoy aperformance of The Unexpected Guest at the Lazy Susan. Would not have known about the place other than a groupon. A bit hard to find - our neighbor at dinner described the sign outside as the "Bates Motel" sign - worn, rusted, hanging a bit askew -

The dinner was buffet and the food was fine. Not much there if you have special dietary needs ;) The Wait Staff is the Performance Actors, so things can move a little slow at intermission. It seemed to take forever!

The building is SORELY in need of repairs. It was quite cold, and although we were near the stage and the lights, there was a huge draft from a side door that did not allow me to really take my coat off. Hard to eat with a winter coat on. Although it wasn't really raining, the roof was leaking - into my water, drink, on my hair and of course, on the stage amoung the performers. I was a bit worried they may slip and fall, there was that much water. Not a drip - sometimes a STREAM!

The play was well done, and I enjoyed the performance. The place was packed, so hopefully some of that money can go to roof repairs.

Bethany Beach
7 attraction reviews
“So-So Dinner Theater”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

Great concept. The staff are efficient. However, the food isn't so great; the roast beef was cold and tough. They seat you then start the buffet and depending on how many guests, you may wait 30-45 minutes for the play to start. The restroom facilities cannot handle the crowds they seat efficiently. We went on a two-for- ticket and still spent too much. The acting is local community grade acting. Oh and the seats we had were hard and uncomfortable.

Springfield, Virginia
3 attraction reviews
“Don't pay full price!!!!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Location: Older building in need of renovations. Clean. Tucked in between route 1 and the freeway. Parking lot is in need of repair.

Food: Poor. Ended up not eating most of what I dished up. Although there was a large selection, it did not taste very good.

Performance: Good. It was entertaining. The quality is what you would expect for a community-type theater.

Cost: Very expensive for the experience. Unless you can get a BOGO offer or Groupon do not pay full price!!!! They also encourage you to leave a tip based upon the full ticket price ($44/person)...for a buffett????

Parking was not a problem since there were 3 tour buses that were in it and only a few other patrons. The majority of the audience were 3 different middle schools.

Other info: You begin eating at 6:30, but once you are done you end up sitting around for another 30-60 minutes waiting for the show to begin.