“Entertaining but food was not so great” 3 of 5 stars

Type: Dinner Theaters
Attraction Details
Woodbridge, Virginia
3 attraction reviews
“Entertaining but food was not so great”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

The dinner theatre part of Lazy Susan is pretty great for local entertainment. Of course there will always be a few overactors, but I didn't expect the food to be so blah. Would have paid a few more dollars to get much higher quality food. The buffet style of getting the food didn't bother me so much--it was just tasteless :(

Gaithersburg, Maryland
40 attraction reviews
“An unexpected experience!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

We went to enjoy aperformance of The Unexpected Guest at the Lazy Susan. Would not have known about the place other than a groupon. A bit hard to find - our neighbor at dinner described the sign outside as the "Bates Motel" sign - worn, rusted, hanging a bit askew -

The dinner was buffet and the food was fine. Not much there if you have special dietary needs ;) The Wait Staff is the Performance Actors, so things can move a little slow at intermission. It seemed to take forever!

The building is SORELY in need of repairs. It was quite cold, and although we were near the stage and the lights, there was a huge draft from a side door that did not allow me to really take my coat off. Hard to eat with a winter coat on. Although it wasn't really raining, the roof was leaking - into my water, drink, on my hair and of course, on the stage amoung the performers. I was a bit worried they may slip and fall, there was that much water. Not a drip - sometimes a STREAM!

The play was well done, and I enjoyed the performance. The place was packed, so hopefully some of that money can go to roof repairs.

Bethany Beach
7 attraction reviews
“So-So Dinner Theater”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

Great concept. The staff are efficient. However, the food isn't so great; the roast beef was cold and tough. They seat you then start the buffet and depending on how many guests, you may wait 30-45 minutes for the play to start. The restroom facilities cannot handle the crowds they seat efficiently. We went on a two-for- ticket and still spent too much. The acting is local community grade acting. Oh and the seats we had were hard and uncomfortable.

Springfield, Virginia
3 attraction reviews
“Don't pay full price!!!!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Location: Older building in need of renovations. Clean. Tucked in between route 1 and the freeway. Parking lot is in need of repair.

Food: Poor. Ended up not eating most of what I dished up. Although there was a large selection, it did not taste very good.

Performance: Good. It was entertaining. The quality is what you would expect for a community-type theater.

Cost: Very expensive for the experience. Unless you can get a BOGO offer or Groupon do not pay full price!!!! They also encourage you to leave a tip based upon the full ticket price ($44/person)...for a buffett????

Parking was not a problem since there were 3 tour buses that were in it and only a few other patrons. The majority of the audience were 3 different middle schools.

Other info: You begin eating at 6:30, but once you are done you end up sitting around for another 30-60 minutes waiting for the show to begin.

Springfield, Virginia
“Miracle it's still in business!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Anyone who gives this place more than two merciful stars, has never been outside of Woodbrige, Virginia. I do not mean to be disrespectful and therefore I will be as objective as I can possibly be.

I went to s show last night, February 24, 2013, after seven years from my last attendance. I was hoping that the place had improved and decided to give it a chance. That this place has been able to stay in business after all these years is a miracle and a true testament that people will do anything for entertainment. Let me explain.

First -- the premises -- I don't think that even a chair has been replaced there in the last fifteen years. The place looks run down from the outside and inside is like stepping into the 1950s.

Second -- the food. --They claim to have a Dutch style buffet. However, I think the food should become part of the show itself. I would call the buffet area "The Mystery Food Chamber" and I would dare the guests to guess what they are eating. The lights in the buffet area do their trick, they are so dim as to make you wonder what anything is or even if there is anything in the containers, as you blindly scraped them looking for crumbs. They are very slow to replenish items.

Third - The play--Expecting very little in the food department, I had the precaution to eat at home (imagine having to eat at home before going to a dinner theater!), I still thought that the play might be worth while. In this area, it all depends. To give them some credit, I have seen plays there which were worthwhile, so if you are going for the theater part, you may get lucky.

Fourth -- The Toilets -- All I will say is that it would be wise to bring your own supply. After the intermission, it's every woman for herself!

Fifth --The unknown -- I didn't count on the weather and weather matters. If you go in the winter, make sure and bring a blanket, wear long johns and and a good jacket. The woman sitting next to me, apparently knew better and confessed to be wearing two pairs of socks. In brief, it appears that they are not only saving on the food but also on energy.

Why did I go? -- I thought I'd give them another chance and I also had a Groupon. Two for one. I'm very glad, I did not pay full price! The next question is -- will I go again? -- No. Not even with a Groupon! I can eat at home, but I refuse to freeze watching a show.

My opinion -- I'd rather have a good sandwich than a ton of bad food. What they would save on food and service, maybe they can spend on heat.

The above is the truth and noting but the truth.

Visited February 2013