“Prostitutes everywhere” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #13 of 14 Hotels in Woodbridge
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Prostitutes everywhere”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014 via mobile

This is a great hotel for hourly fun, prostitutes everywhere and with them being there that brings the wrong people around.......but not a family hotel,very disappointing, i did not expect working women in a best western hotel........... very dirty rooms and unsafe..... the women

• Stayed June 2014

Couples
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Salem
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

My husband and daughter stayed there for only part of a night. They were not impressed by the appearance of the desk clerk when the checked in. The overall first impression was not too reassuring, but they had no choice. They figured we got two beds, a fridge and microwave..good enough for one night. My husband woke up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom and discovered water flooding the room. Apparently from an adjoining room that had a toilet overflowing without anyone realizing it. Some of there purchases from the day before got wet and they ended up packing everything up to get out of the room. It was 4:30 in the morning. They were planning on checking out later that morning. So they just checked out then. The desk clerk at that time offered no help, switch (as if they would at that time) or the least an apology. They ended up going to Denny's at that hour so of course didn't get to take advantage of the cont. breakfast, which is something we look for to help save on breakfast costs. When I called later that day about getting our charge refunded the man from the hotel became belligerent. He told me it was their fault they did not switch to another room. I told him that at 4:30 am they were not going to cart all their stuff to another room, unpack it and then try to sleep for what, another hour or two before packing back up and checking out. He was not very kind on the phone or reasonable. His customer service demeanor was as if he was picking a fight with me. He told me they got their full stay there and was reluctant to credit our card even a little. He did knock off $25. We will dispute this with our credit card company. By the way, I never write reviews, but this merrited WARNING ANYONE WHO CHECKS TO STAY AWAY!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Ghent, New York, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

Drove 1/2 way down Saturday. Stopped for the night in Woodbridge, VA. First hotel we see is Econolodge. DO NOT GO THERE!!!

Registered, went to check it out - (it DID look a bit 'seedy' outside), went in, smelled, saw chips in sink, a dirty carpet, 'painted' bathtub was peeling, rug was one that I wouldn't take my shoes off in!

I went back to registration and told the (nice young) man that, "I'm sorry, this just won't do." HE SAID, "Yeah, I didn't think so."!!! The young man was perfectly nice, but the place is a trash hole! I'll have to contact THAT company!

Oh, forgot to mention spider webs in the lamps, and I was actually a bit scared to even check the bed.

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Hampton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

Initially, I would like thank the person who provided such insightful information about the Econo Lodge In Woodbridge, VA. i.e., the smelly room, the gross carpet, the inference to bed bugs the inability of the housekeepers to clean rooms if you are in one, and the allegation that the front desk clerk could not answer the phone due to the fact he was outside smoking a joint when you came down stairs after not getting an answer.

I have stayed at that Hotel and found the place not to be a star hotel, however, my room was not smelly, the carpet was old but not gross and I could walk around with my shoes off, and I did not have the unfortunate problems of being covered in bites or rash upon leaving. I would never open myself up to a liable suit when saying that the front desk attendant was smoking a joint unless you can prove it. In any event, you do get what you pay for and sometimes we go into situations looking for the worst and and come to believe that we are getting the worst. Is this possible that you have projected your negative thoughts on this hotel? A hotel is determined by the services provided, and if you were not satisfied then you had the option to leave without staying. Think about it before you condemn a business.

Respectfully,

TripHampton

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Richmond, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

Pass this motel by. Do Not Stop. Do Not make a reservation. Rooms were very old and dated. "free breakfast" was a joke. I made reservations on-line through Choice Priveldge and reserved it on a credit card. My wife went to check in and they made her place the room on a different credit card. We slept in our clothes because we didn't feel comfortable on the sheets. For the price, which was cheap, I was very disappointed.

Room Tip: Tip to choose a good room - avoid Econo Lodge in Hoodridge VA. Not a good room there.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

Without a doubt the worst motel I've ever stayed at. The room smelled, the carpet was so gross that I wore my shoes the whole time, they must have bed bugs or something b/c I was covered in bites/rash after staying here. Apparently if you are in your room when they go around to "clean" the rooms, then your room doesn't get "cleaned" at all until the next day (assuming you're not in your room at "cleaning" time). I called the front desk several times, and never got an answer so I went down there and the guy was standing outside smoking a joint. The cheap price is not worth the nastiness of this place. Stay anywhere but here

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Emporia, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2012

We stayed here one night while shopping at the outlets. At first I was alittle hestate when making the reservations online after reviewing the reviews. The hotel is nothing fancy, however my room was clean. The air condition worked. The sheets and beds were clean and decent. The bathroom was surprisingly clean as well, the only complaiint I had in the bathroom was the toilet seat was too small but appeared to be brand new. The office did smell as smoke and the "free" breakfast consisted of muffins, english muffins and coffee. The free breakfast did not satisfy us in the smelly office area so we chose to eat elsewhere. Otherwise, I had no compliants. Oh and the so called "drug dealers" I believe the previous posts were referencing were probably people walking through the parking lot. The hotel is located in a highly populated area, as other hotels are in the area so yes, people are walking through the parking lot. However, I would not refer to these people as drug dealers. Was it in a good neighborhood? Your in DC, really people... obviously if the hotel really gives you that much of a problem then you really shouldn't be in DC to begin with.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

Been to Econo Lodge Potomac Mills? Share your experiences!