“Response to review "Needs to be condemmed"” 5 of 5 stars

Econo Lodge Potomac Mills
13317 Gordon Blvd., Woodbridge, VA 22191   |
Ranked #13 of 14 Hotels in Woodbridge
Hampton
“Response to review "Needs to be condemmed"”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

Initially, I would like thank the person who provided such insightful information about the Econo Lodge In Woodbridge, VA. i.e., the smelly room, the gross carpet, the inference to bed bugs the inability of the housekeepers to clean rooms if you are in one, and the allegation that the front desk clerk could not answer the phone due to the fact he was outside smoking a joint when you came down stairs after not getting an answer.

I have stayed at that Hotel and found the place not to be a star hotel, however, my room was not smelly, the carpet was old but not gross and I could walk around with my shoes off, and I did not have the unfortunate problems of being covered in bites or rash upon leaving. I would never open myself up to a liable suit when saying that the front desk attendant was smoking a joint unless you can prove it. In any event, you do get what you pay for and sometimes we go into situations looking for the worst and and come to believe that we are getting the worst. Is this possible that you have projected your negative thoughts on this hotel? A hotel is determined by the services provided, and if you were not satisfied then you had the option to leave without staying. Think about it before you condemn a business.

Respectfully,

TripHampton

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo

Couples
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Richmond, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

Pass this motel by. Do Not Stop. Do Not make a reservation. Rooms were very old and dated. "free breakfast" was a joke. I made reservations on-line through Choice Priveldge and reserved it on a credit card. My wife went to check in and they made her place the room on a different credit card. We slept in our clothes because we didn't feel comfortable on the sheets. For the price, which was cheap, I was very disappointed.

Room Tip: Tip to choose a good room - avoid Econo Lodge in Hoodridge VA. Not a good room there.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

Without a doubt the worst motel I've ever stayed at. The room smelled, the carpet was so gross that I wore my shoes the whole time, they must have bed bugs or something b/c I was covered in bites/rash after staying here. Apparently if you are in your room when they go around to "clean" the rooms, then your room doesn't get "cleaned" at all until the next day (assuming you're not in your room at "cleaning" time). I called the front desk several times, and never got an answer so I went down there and the guy was standing outside smoking a joint. The cheap price is not worth the nastiness of this place. Stay anywhere but here

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Emporia, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2012

We stayed here one night while shopping at the outlets. At first I was alittle hestate when making the reservations online after reviewing the reviews. The hotel is nothing fancy, however my room was clean. The air condition worked. The sheets and beds were clean and decent. The bathroom was surprisingly clean as well, the only complaiint I had in the bathroom was the toilet seat was too small but appeared to be brand new. The office did smell as smoke and the "free" breakfast consisted of muffins, english muffins and coffee. The free breakfast did not satisfy us in the smelly office area so we chose to eat elsewhere. Otherwise, I had no compliants. Oh and the so called "drug dealers" I believe the previous posts were referencing were probably people walking through the parking lot. The hotel is located in a highly populated area, as other hotels are in the area so yes, people are walking through the parking lot. However, I would not refer to these people as drug dealers. Was it in a good neighborhood? Your in DC, really people... obviously if the hotel really gives you that much of a problem then you really shouldn't be in DC to begin with.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2011

We were extremely disappointed in this motel to say the least !!!! The rooms were dirty and they smelled terrible. We were concerned about leaving our boat in the parking lot due to people loitering. Our family slept on top of the covers and we were up and out of there ASAP in the morning .If it wasn't the middle of the night when we arrived we would have definitely found another place to stay. Would not recommend this place to anyone, just keep driving !!!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2010

If sleeping in your car is an option, TAKE IT!! Anything beats staying here.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
MikeHampton, Owner at Econo Lodge Potomac Mills, responded to this review, September 24, 2010
I am concerned about the inconvenience you experienced at our hotel during your recent visit. Thank you for taking the time to bring this matter to my attention.

Please accept my sincere apology.

Please be assured that the issues you have raised as to housekeeping and maintenace have been addressed, and that appropriate action has been taken. We take pride in our hotel, and do our best to prevent problems from recurring. Therefore, I'd like you to give us another chance by staying with us again during your next visit to this area.

Again, I want to thank you for taking the time to share your concerns with us. There's no excuse for anything less than complete guest satisfaction.

We look forward to serving you again in the near future.

Michael
georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2007

this was the worst hotel in which i have ever stayed. i had to go through 2 out of the 3 towels to find one without a hair on it and faucet in the bathtub had pieces broken off of it. there wasn't even an ironing board and iron! thank goodness i had brought my own pillow and a blanket. the hotel was filthy. house cleaning left trash on the floor and i doubt sheets were changed. our room was hit by lightening and instead of just giving us a new room right away, they had "maintenance" try to fix it. "maintenance" was outside the lobby, smoking at one point. i might add that this was around 11 at night and we were exhausted. shady people were all over the place. i will never, ever stay here again. i wouldn't have stayed in the first place, except i was with a group who had booked the room in advance.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — everything
  • Stayed May 2007
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
MikeHampton, Owner at Econo Lodge Potomac Mills, responded to this review, May 8, 2009

We accommodate many guests each evening, and the principal goal of our hotel is to provide dependable service to each at a reasonable price. Consequently, it's disappointing to learn that you're unhappy. Please accept my sincere apology.

A hotel is defined by the quality of service that it provides to its guests. Because our success is measured by how our guests evaluate our services and facilities, I want you to know that the comments and suggestions we receive are taken seriously. They tell us what we're doing right, what we're doing wrong and how we can improve. Your willingness to share your recent experience is genuinely appreciated.

We look forward to serving you again in the near future.

Michael

Been to Econo Lodge Potomac Mills? Share your experiences!