“Displaced by Hurricane Sandy” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #10 of 16 Hotels in Woodbridge
DC
“Displaced by Hurricane Sandy”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

My family and I were displaced by the ferocious winds Hurricane Sandy brought when she took out our power Monday evening. On Tuesday I called several hotels but it was the Fairfield Inn who went out of their way to accomadate, my wife, my daughter, my two grandchildren, my small dog and me. They immediately said to go to the hotel and cleaned a 2-bedroom suite where we stayed for two days waiting for power to come back on. The staff was so understanding and professional they made us feel as if we never left our home. I will always remember their kindness. The hotel is impeccable and the suite was perfect. Thank you Marriott again for another great experience.

Room Tip: Every room is good.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Villanova, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012 via mobile

Overall I was pleasantly surprised by the size of the room and how it was set up with a small sitting area separate from the bedroom. For a price of $99 plus taxes for a Sunday night I would say very good value. The breakfast was included, fairly basic, but for the price I can hardly complain!

• Stayed September 2012
Potomac, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

Good Fairfield Inn. Stayed there several nights recently on a business trip. Friendly & helpful staff. Convenient location immediately off I-95. Clean hotel. Parking is plentiful.

Just about every popular chain restaurant in within 2 blocks (Macaroni Grill, Famous Dave's, etc.).

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Sarasota, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

This hotel is generally a nice place for a short stay. It’s a convenient location since we were on our way to Florida and it is only minutes away from the Lorton Amtrak Auto Train terminal.

Upon our arrival, the desk clerk was cheerful and courteous and check-in was efficient. Our room (#213) was quiet, comfortable and spotlessly clean. The beds were comfortable, although a little firmer than what we’re used to. They have a small breakfast area and offered a wide choice of foods including U-make waffles and microwave breakfast sandwiches. The coffee was good, and there was enough food there to have a satisfying breakfast. The 15% senior discount was a nice bonus too. I will definitely stay at the Woodbridge Fairfield Inn again the next time we are passing through.

Note to Manager: Chairs in dining area are in desperate need of reupholstery as the deteriorating fabric looks seedy.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Greenville, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012 via mobile

We weren't at the hotel much during our stay, however the staff was friendly and the hotel was clean. We stayed in a studio suite which was spacious. The bed was average and breakfast was the typical breakfast. We have stayed at this hotel in the past (family in the area) and would stay again.

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2012

Nice and clean hotel; I did not find any hair on my towels. I stayed there 3 nights.The hotel is in a good location, close to highway with many restaurants in the area. Hotel is located directly behind Shell gas and Hooters, so you do not have much of a view. Also about 30 minutes from D.C depending to traffic. The first night there was a problem with the hotel cable but it was repaired in a timely manner. Breakfast was great with hot and cold choices. The breakfast area was clean and well stocked.The indoor pool was nice. The exercise room has 3 pieces of sad equipment; a treadmill, stationary bike and bench. The stationary bike stopped working in middle of my workout. They do offer LA Fitness in the area. Overall, a relaxing stay.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

When you walk in this hotel you are greeted by the nicest person at the front desk. She was able to give us an early check in and our room was feather free as requested. We also requested a low floor and they were able to give us a 1st floor room. This made is so much easier for my family. Breakfast was great and well stocked. There were choices for everyone in my family. The room we had was 2 queen beds and they were very comfortable. I love when the carpet is cushy to walk on and that is how it was in the hotel. The decor was updated and we enjoyed being there. When I asked for directions to a local attraction the front desk person gave me great directions. Overall we enjoyed our stay. My only negative is that the indoor pool was chilly even for my children. (And you know kids they can stand just about any temperature...my child said "I don't know why they were cleaning the pool mom... no one would swim in it because it is too cold..." Of course the pool area was very clean:)

Room Tip: This property back up to a storage facility and so it was very quite.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

Been to Fairfield Inn Potomac Mills Woodbridge? Share your experiences!