“2nd Time” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #14 of 14 Hotels in Woodbridge
Boston, Massachusetts
“2nd Time”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2010

Well we stayed for the second time on the night of April 9th, 2010, the young man on duty when we pulled in was very acommadating a little nervouse but willing to please. We stay in the front like the last time. It was little nosiey with the Highway and Carnival across the street till about 11 or so then it quite down I had a pleasant night rest. We'll possibly be trying it again in Dec on the way South again. Really don't know about the return North only because of the traffic around DC . The minor problem was a draft under room 104 door which I reported when I left, hopefully will be taken care of on our return

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
MikeHampton, Owner at Rodeway Inn near Potomac Mills, responded to this review, September 24, 2010
On behalf of our hotel staff, I am writing to let you know how delighted we were to receive your kind words of praise.

Given the very nature of the hotel business, the hours are long and demanding. Day or night, good service depends upon people willing to give their very best at all times. That's why it's truly rewarding when a guest recognizes our staff’s efforts, and takes the time to say thank you.

We accommodate many guests each evening, and we strive to make their night's stay a satisfying one. The principal goal of our hotel is to provide dependable service to all of our guests at reasonable prices. But, it's only through their eyes that we can accurately assess the quality of the accommodations and services we provide.

Michael

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Queens
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2009

I was up for a weekend family reunion during the Thanksgiving weekend. this facility was clean, close and convenient. This is my second stay there (first was my Cousins Wedding in July) and I would include this motel in my future travels to Virginia.

Edwin S.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with family

Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2009

I checked in before my family members who had made the reservations. Other guests were checking in with 12 packs of malt liquor. Room was filthy, walls with smudges, broken handle on dresser, random lamp in the corner, shower head leaking, toilet paper holder broken. The security lock on the door had been reinstalled with a bare piece of wood under it and it still did not close. There was a plastic cup left in the room with some liquid in it.
Men next door loitering in the parking lot finishing their beer then driving off. Horrible, scary place. Staff was nice but the rooms/facilities are so run down, I thought we would witness some sort of police sting operation.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family
allenproperties, Sales Manager at Rodeway Inn near Potomac Mills, responded to this review, December 1, 2009
our guests and take your concerns to heart.
We consider our guests comments, as an opportunity to better serve our guest in the future.
I am sorry about the fact that you were not satisfied with your stay. The staff and I hope that you give us another opportunity to serve you in the future.

Best Regards,
C. Bergey
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2008

A friend booked us here, as cheap and convenient for the Potomac Mills shopping centre. We were kind of put off, looking at the reviews. When we got there late, there was some drama at another room (someone had a car parking error). The check-in was OK and the rooms were basic but fine, right next to the car parking, with the backrow being quiet and set back from the main road. We got the suite room and another room and for the price it was OK, with a working whirlpool bath, tv, noisy aircon, etc. and good free wifi Internet connection. The location was convenient for the shopping centres and restaurants, provided we had a car, the area was a bit bleak. The family that run it were friendly and helpful the next morning. Everything looked clean-ish, although there were some burns and paint stains on the bathroom stuff, and the bedsheet had a torn corner. Wasn't tempted to try the coffee machine. We got a good night's sleep after a 10-hour drive the previous day and it didn't break the bank, but nothing in that area inspired, either.

Stayed August 2008
MikeHampton, Owner at Rodeway Inn near Potomac Mills, responded to this review, April 28, 2009

Raleigh
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2007

Oh my gosh.....talk about creepy, there were pubic hairs all over the bedspread....yes, this place has polyester bedspreads. this was supposed to be a one night rendevoux with my secret lover, but ended in both of us going to the emergency room with an unknown rash.........you might want to head north a few more miles for a better place, but if you're only here for the shopping, 6 hours won't hurt sleeping here....bring plenty of lysol and liquid sanitizer since there is not hot water...

Stayed September 2007
MikeHampton, Owner at Rodeway Inn near Potomac Mills, responded to this review, May 8, 2009
Thank you for your comment regarding your stay at our hotel. We value comments from our guests and try to use those comments to improve our hotel.

I am sorry about the fact that you were not satisfied with your stay.

I have spoken with the staff and reviewed the importance of proper housekeeping procedures. We try hard to offer clean comfortable accomodations at the best value in the area.

I hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you in the future.

We look forward to your next visit with us.

Lakewood, OH
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2006

I chose this hotel for my husband to stay for a week, because of the cost. We are relocating to the area, so we didn't want to spend the more than $75/night at other hotels. I booked online which gave a terrific rate!

As soon as he got there he called to tell me that this place was the worst he ever stayed in. Unfriendly, unhelpful front desk, the room had SEVERAL lightbulbs burned out. Ceiling to floor mirrors (felt like a place for solicitation!). The door had previously been busted in. And such a heavy perfumed odor from god knows what, he had to keep his door open for awhile. It was totally gross!

Yes, they had coffee machines in the room, but after the first day they did not provide him with coffee, nor did they really clean the room. Spots that were left there from him were still there after they "cleaned" it. He complained that he needed coffee when they made the room for the next day. Yes, they provided him with coffee...one package of decaf. And no cups. The cups earlier provided were the thin plastic water cups.

The door didn't close correctly because it was busted in previously. Plus, one day he came back from work to find his door wide open! Thank god he had no valuables in there.

Me trying to call him through the front desk was a total and complete nightmare. They NEVER answered their phones, and I would ring repeatedly for TWENTY minutes before someone would casually answer. EVERY time (no exaggerating!)

The neighborhood is scary as all get out. I wish that we had spent the few more dollars it would have cost to be anywhere but here! Take heed of these reviews, please...!

• Liked — Nothing at all, except the price seemed reasonable. It was cheap for a reason!
  • Disliked — Everything about it...gross, dirty, unfriendly, bad neighborhood
  • Tips/Secrets — Please read all the reviews before going here
  • Stayed October 2006, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
I am concerned about the inconvenience you experienced at our hotel during your recent visit. Thank you for taking the time to bring this matter to my attention.

We accommodate many guests each evening, and the principal goal of our hotel is to provide dependable service to each at a reasonable price. Consequently, it's disappointing to learn that you're unhappy. Please accept my sincere apology.

A hotel is defined by the quality of service that it provides to its guests. Because our success is measured by how our guests evaluate our services and facilities, I want you to know that the comments and suggestions we receive are taken seriously. They tell us what we're doing right, what we're doing wrong and how we can improve. Your willingness to share your recent experience is genuinely appreciated.

Please be assured that the issues you have raised have been addressed, and that appropriate action has been taken. We take pride in our hotel, and do our best to prevent problems from recurring. Therefore, I'd like you to give us another chance by staying with us again during your next visit to this area.

Again, I want to thank you for taking the time to share your concerns with us. There's no excuse for anything less than complete guest satisfaction.

We look forward to serving you again in the near future.

Commack NY
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2006

This is not just a dump --- it is unsafe and dangerous. Bathrooms are disgusting and there was no hot water. Checked in and out in 15 minutes.

• Stayed December 2005

I am sorry about the fact that you were not satisfied with your stay.

I have spoken with the staff and reviewed the importance of proper housekeeping and addressing hot water issues as a top priority for guests. Since this review we have made significant improvements to the guest rooms and lobby.

I hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you in the future.

We look forward to your next visit with us.

Michael

Been to Rodeway Inn near Potomac Mills? Share your experiences!