“By far, the WORST hotel I've ever been in!” 1 of 5 stars

Rodeway Inn near Potomac Mills
1.5 of 5 Hotel   |   13964 Jefferson Davis Highway, Woodbridge, VA 22191   |
Ranked #16 of 16 Hotels in Woodbridge
Wilmington, North Carolina
“By far, the WORST hotel I've ever been in!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2014

Had I known how bad this hotel was, I would have slept in my car instead. I asked for a non-smoking room, and was disgusted with the heavy cigarette odor in the room I received. I explained the problem to the front desk and got relocated into another non-smoking room, which as smelled heavily of cigarette odor. I gave up and settled into the room. This is a prostitution hotel, there are prositutes everywhere. Everything in my room was sticky. The floors were sticky, the counter/desk/nightstand was sticky, the bed was sticky, the bathroom was sticky, etc. I laid down on the bed and my head got stuck to the headboard it was so sticky. I grabbed a pen and placed it on the verticle headboard it just stuck there! I am disturbed by the thought of what that "sticky" substance was, I wondered if I was going to get pregnant just being in that room. The room was swarming with STD's and filth. Absolutely disgusting! Stay away from this hotel, stay far far away!!!

Room Tip: No such thing as a "good" room at this hotel, my advice is to run far as you can from this...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

Recently, due to an Amtrak auto-train rescheduling I had the misfortune of having to stay
at the Rodeway Inn in Woodbridge Va. The first room we were given had a leaky toilet and smelled like a sewer. The second room was not much better. I was even looking forward to
having Norman come a put me out of my misery!!!

Room Tip: A room in another hotel would be wise.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

My family and I stayed here for a short time. I've never seen such a dirty hotel. The bathroom shower curtains and the tub were filled with black mold and mildew, there were visible roaches in the vents, the room smelled horrible, the showers went from hot to freezing cold constantly, there were people breaking into vehicles, the only thing for breakfast was toast and muffins along with watered down coffee, the man at the front desk was rude and the people staying next to us were having sex all night and the next morning for hours. I would not recommend this hotel at all.

• Stayed April 2013
Sarasota, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

This hotel was absolutely filthy from top to bottom. I rented two rooms for my family for a 2 night stay for a fun filled(yeah,right) family trip to Washington, DC. This was spoiled by this 7 hour stay at a horrible, filthy, nasty, disgusting, dangerous location of a hotel. The continental breakfast was an absolute joke. There was no coffee. There was no food. Now for the room. The bedsheets had stains, pubic hairs on the headboard. The walls had holes. The bathroom was beyond dirty. The shower plumbing was separated from the wall. The lock on the door was apparently broken at some point as the door had visible damage from what looked like a break-in. After phone calls back and forth with the owner, I received no refund from them and a horrible experience for my family and a ruined trip for all of us. DO NOT STAY AT THIS HOTEL EVEN IF IT IS THE LAST HOTEL WITH A ROOM IN THE STATE OF VIRGINIA. The hotel owner was not accomodating at all.

Room Tip: DO not stay here even if its the last hotel room on the face of the earth!!!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Woodbridge, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

Where to start? I have been in almost 200 hotels since '93. This was by far the worst.

Room 114:

- room phone was disconnected
- Hotel office is closed at night - have to go around the side of the building to talk to hotel clerk who is behind a sheet of protected glass
- deadbolt lock didn't work easily
- A/C did not function on a 100 plus degree afternoon - fell apart while I was trying to get it to work. Saw water on the floor beside it.
- no ironing board / iron
- no closet
- carpet was filthy, had to throw away my socks
- big bug in bathroom
- lights above headboard not hooked up
- my room key was rejected after 1st night's stay
- no refridgerator
- no Five Guys in the surrounding area (like advertised)
- Denny's was not adjacent to the hotel
- internet connection info not made available in room - had to call front desk using my cell phone
- this hotel is not near Potomac Mills - it's about 3-5 miles away from it

If you can afford it a few extra $, go for Sleep Inn.

Room Tip: - this hotel is not near Potomac Mills - it's about 3-5 miles away from it. If you can afford it...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
A TripAdvisor Member
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2012

My stay in wood bridge, Virginia I stayed at the rode hotel while I slept I got bit by bed bugs they put me in the room all the way in the back and it smelled of mold and dingy I would ask to be put further up front

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with cheaprooms.com

Blacksburg, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

Usually I don't complain but I have 6 bites form bed bugs and strong reaction of my skin, even after three days I still have red inflamed spots. I had to search a new hotel at 2 am, it was terrible. Now I am scared and panic to stay in any hotel. The only good thing, thanks kayak I got my refund.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business