“Great” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 14 Hotels in Woodbridge
Wrentham, Massachusetts
“Great”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2011

I had no problems what-so ever with my stay at this hotel. room was very clean bathroom was very clean. staff was nice and accommodating to my needs. I will stay here again. Great bargain!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Gaithersburg, Maryland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2010

I chose this hotel because it was close to Ft. Belvoir, was very reasonably priced, and said it had wifi. On checking in, I found that the carpet smelled of dampness and dogs, but they had disinfected and used deodorants. I kept the AC running and it got better. Otherwise, the room was perfectly clean. The bed was fairly uncomfortable, with a thin layer of padding over steel springs. The bath tub faucet dripped terribly, and that's a waste but it didn't affect me.

The hotel offers free continental breakfast, but I didn't get to try it as I had to leave at 6:30 and the breakfast started at 7:00. There was a coffee maker in the room, but I had to ask at the desk for coffee packets and styrofoam cups, which they kept behind the counter. They looked at me like I was taking food from children, and told me to get the free breakfast. I had to explain that I had to leave early.

Another problem was that the wifi didn't work. I tried for 2 hours to get connected, using both IE and Mozilla, and couldn't get online. There was only one ice machine, on the 3rd floor, and no elevators. If you stay there, take light luggage or stay on the 1st floor. Use the side doors if you can, as the front door has smokers sitting on the steps (there is no place for them to smoke otherwise).

The best thing about this hotel is that it is close to a good bar and restaurant, Water's Edge, at a marina on the Occoquan River. It was a very friendly place, overlooking the docks, and the service was great. I got a fillet mignon that was great for only 15 bucks.

The next time I have business at Ft. Belvoir, I will stay elsewhere and drive over to Water's Edge for dinner.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
maddynmel, Front Office Manager at Inns of Virginia - Woodbridge, responded to this review, October 21, 2010
I apologize to this reviewer. It appears that they did not have a pleasant stay at our hotel. At our hotel we use a ozone machine in the rooms to remove odors. If the management had been notified immediately they would have addressed the issue and or moved the person to another room. Our hotel rooms are equipped with coffee packets in the room. If ever the supply is not there a simple call to the front desk would rectify the situation. We offer free high speed internet connection through Comcast and we just recently updated to a much higher speed to accomodate more people using the system at the same time. At Inns of Virginia we strive to offer our customer's a clean, comfortable room that is clean and affordable. As always, if there is a problem managment will work to resolve as soon as notified.
Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2009

We were relocating and our apartment was not ready, so we stayed at this hotel for 3 weeks. When we left it was almost sad. The staff where very nice and if we needed anything had no problem if they had what we needed getting it. Why we where there they had a water line leak, but they handled it as best as they could and where very accomidating to guest. I got to see how the staff worked under pressure and when treated rudely by guest and I must say they did very well. If you would like to stay at a place for a night or a month and treat the staff with respect and you will get respect back. I will say that if you stay 7 nights your room gets changed on tue and thur. Due to higher managment not the hotel itself.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
Portland, OR
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2007

Definitely not anything fancy but the front desk staff was nice enough and good for the price. Seemed like things weren't arranged in the best possible way (e.g., the cord to the coffee pot didn't reach from the table so we had to move the table to make it work). Dead bug on the floor when we arrived and the carpets were so dark that they seemed like they could be really dirty and you wouldn't know it. The place had kind of a weird smell. But, overall not a bad experience, just not much of a treat either.

• Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Inns of Virginia - Woodbridge was remodled in 2007 with all new carpeting, appliances and furniture. We strive to provide the best service possible at an affordable price. We offer clean rooms, friendly service and a willingness to accomodate our customers needs. If ever a problem arrises management is willing to find immediate solutions.
Chicago suburbia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2007

The public areas of the hotel were generally worn down and dirty. Cracks in the walls, faded or chipped paint, worn carpeting, etc. The room was a little better but still reflected a general lack of care and age of the room. Bathroom had cracked and missing tiles. No bugs or mice or anything horrible like that but you'll get a much nicer experience at an inexpensive Sleep Inn or similar lodging.

• Liked — Location was fairly convienent
  • Disliked — Room was worn down
  • Stayed July 2006, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
maddynmel, Office Administrator/Accountant at Inns of Virginia - Woodbridge, responded to this review, October 19, 2010
This Hotel was remodled in 2007 with all new furniture/fixtures and has maintained an occupancy rate of nearly 100% for the last year.

Been to Inns of Virginia - Woodbridge? Share your experiences!