“Smells” 1 of 5 stars

951 Annapolis Way, Woodbridge, VA 22191   |
Ranked #12 of 14 Hotels in Woodbridge
“Smells”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2014

We got to the room and when we opened the door we could hardly breath it smelled so bad. The floor was wet the light in the bathroom worked when it wanted and there was mold that looked like they tried to cover it up in the bathroom. The neighbors are very nosey as my 2 year old was throwing a fit and they called the office saying I was beating my child. They always seem to have a bunch of people in the lobby that is small. I would say if this is the last resort then stay there if not find another place to stay!!!!

Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2013

My wife stopped at this location with 2 toddlers needing to go to the bathroom. Between the holidays, traffic and weather, this was the only place available for a few miles, with traffic not moving.

The desk clerk refused to let my children use the bathroom, even when my wife offered to make a purchase or pay for the right to use the facility. By the end of the encounter, my 5yo son was crying in pain because he needed to use the restroom so badly.

The desk clerk referred my wife to a gas station 1.5 miles down the road. It took nearly 20 minutes in traffic to get there, only to find that it was closed.

I just called them to complain, but the General Manager, Badar Alam is not currently in and will only be available for one hour in the morning.

I would never stay in a hotel that was this rude, crude and socially unacceptable.

They certainly do not live up to their motto of "Hotels with a heart"

Room Tip: Stay anyplace else
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Kirkland, Illinois, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2013

I usually do not take people reviews very seriously but I should have listened more carefully with this place and I am not picky. We made a reservation as just some place to stay on a long car trip. The front desk lady was very nice, but the second you walk in the door the stench of the place hits you. They tried to cover it up with spray deodorizer but if anything made it worse. The carpets were badly stained in the hallways, lobby and the room. The room was not very clean at all and to be honest we were scared to bring our bags in not knowing what might hitch a ride with us so we left them in the car and brought in what we needed. They offered free breakfast but with the cleanliness of the place I was not risking getting sick from eating the food on vacation. I have stayed in some rough run down places in my time but this was far beyond my limits.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Reno, Nevada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013 via mobile

It is about as expected for a cheaper place to stay with easy access to the interstate. The room was clean enough and I would stay here again when traveling for work but not on a vacation. Place was full for the two nights I stayed there but I'm sure that's due to price

• Stayed July 2013
Miami, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

I was driving from Miami to the nation's capital and had to stay for an overnight. Man, that hotel is the lowest quality lodging i've stayed at. The main lobby (???) was crammed and small. the front desk guy looked tired and distant, like "I gotta be here, so what". My friends and I stayed on the first floor and let me tell you those hallways are creepy and smelly. The room is dark and smells like mold or cigarettes, or all together. The bathroom was ok (good shower pressure, and hot) and the towels looks clean. It wasn't noisy at all, but after driving 14 or so hours I was just in need of a hot shower and a bed to knock out. The people I crossed paths with were pretty shady, but no problems. We were just there for a night.

Room Tip: For a nice room, go to Hilton Garden Inn on 14th street and H, DC...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Durham, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

I stayed here to attend a meeting on Ft. Belvoir. I've stayed at plenty of hotels traveling for work and this place was pretty seedy. The price of the room was ok for the area, your completely getting what you pay for though. Poor customer service, and "ok" accommodations. The room was ok it smelled musky and there was black hair on my pillows. Ceiling tiles in the bathroom had dark brown water stains all over it. Kinda gross!! Cigarettes in ice machine which there is only 1 and its all the way on 3rd floor no elevator of course once I got up there though it reeked of marijuana. I high tailed it down the stairwell on the side of the building it smelled terrible! Probably because of the used diaper that was laying on the 1st floor. I complained to the front desk about the cigarettes in the ice machine and marijuana smell and the desk attendant told me that if I thought a crime was being committed that I should call the police its not there policy to contact the police to report crimes?!?! His only response about cigarette butts in the ice machine was that housekeeping would clean it in the morning.

Room Tip: Stay away from 3rd floor and if for some reason you do decide to stay here ask for a room on opposit...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013 via mobile

Front desk staff was very rude my entire stay, I asked for an extra hand towel and was told they didn't have extra. Room was dark even with lights on, hallways are musty as well was the room. "27' inch flat screen" that's advertised was just a normal tube tv, breakfast was also pretty slim pickings and breakfast area was generally pretty messy the 3 nights I stayed. There's train tracks right across the street and a mill of some kind so between trains going by every 15 min or semis going to the mill there's not much quite time. There's was what always seemed to be the same people loitering in hallways & lobby or smoking outside the front door, police were there 2 of my 3 nights Run! Run! Run!

• Stayed April 2013

Been to Inns of Virginia - Woodbridge? Share your experiences!