“We Always come to the Inns of VA in Woodbridge for our stay in the DC area.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Inns of Virginia - Woodbridge

Inns of Virginia - Woodbridge
You added Inns of Virginia - Woodbridge to your Saves list
Inns of Virginia - Woodbridge
951 Annapolis Way, Woodbridge, VA 22191   |
Ranked #12 of 14 Hotels in Woodbridge
Woodbridge, Virginia
“We Always come to the Inns of VA in Woodbridge for our stay in the DC area.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2011

My husband works in the DC area but we both reside in TN. Each time he has to come to DC for business we stay here at the Inns of Virginia in Woodbridge. Their extended stay rate is very reasonable, The staff are always friendly, and rooms are always clean. We have stayed here numerous times and have always been very happy with the accomidations. I highly recommend the Inns of VA in Woodbridge to anyone who is traveling in this area.

Cynthia Ward

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2011

I stayed here for 2 weeks back in December 2010 while waiting for a new place I was moving into to finish renovations. You can't beat the value you get at this place. For $350/week you get a nice clean room and bathroom, free wifi & cable, continental breakfast (more about that later), and your room cleaned 2 times a week. It'd also aplus that you're walking distance from the VRE station that will take you into Washington. D.C. The thing you have to keep in mind with this place that I think the other poster's have missed is that this is a motel, so yeah it's a bit run down and has probably seen better days - but you're paying for a nice place to lay your head down at night, not a resort. For the posters looking for a deal, you should call the hotel directly and not use Expedia or any of the other websites. They actually make their money by marking up cheap hotels which this is definitely that. And YES the Water's Edge is awesome. I actually discovered this place while at the hotel and still hang out there today.

Some of the drawbacks though, there seems to be a community of people living here long term that the management should probably address. They tend to congregate outside, and give an overall shady vibe to the establishment. And the continental breakfast, what a joke! Don't offer the breakfast if you're not going to put any quality food out.

My advice: if you need a cheap place to stay for a week, this is definitely the place to stay. If you're traveling from miles away with your family to visit Washington, DC you may want to consider other places if your budget can afford it. If not, take it for what it is - a motel.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2011

By the pictures and other reviews I thought it would be a nice place to stay. However, upon driving up in the parking lot there was a sign that had a "weekly rate" for a MUCH cheaper price than what I paid. The hotel is located in a part of the city that is old and run down with some shady people. After staying there for a few nights I had had enough of the residents drinking outside, loud music and then the smell of marijuana in the hall way was IT. I then was able to show my 11 year old what marijuana smelled like. What a wonderful lesson to teach her on our family vacation with both sets of Grandparents and cousins. After being slapped in he face with the smell I looked online and found another hotel. When we tried to check out early and get a refund we were harrassed and cussed at for doing so. The clerk WAS NOT going to give us a refund right then and wanted us to trust him to do so later without us obtaing a receipt for the refund amount given. We had a 3 hour drive that day and couldn't hang around for 2-4 hours to wait for the manager to show up to give the refund and the clerk would not call him to get authorization because he didn't want to get into trouble for calling him at home. Needless to say we were slightly unhappy with that decision. DO NOT STAY HERE! I feared for my daughters safety the entire stay.

• Stayed June 2011
Weatherford, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2011

We booked 3 rooms for 8 nights at this hotel, total of 10 people.
Hotel is very "worn".
Hotel smells of cigarette smoke, even in lobby.
Lots of long term tenants that smoke, hang around outside and drink.
Wafts of marijuana smell from several areas.
We had children with us and did not let them out without adults.
Did not feel safe.
Continental breakfast was not!
I have stayed at hotels in many states and countries and this ranks as one of the seediest.
We checked out after 4 nights and the clerk tried not to refund our money (we had to pay in advance, another red flag). Had to wait out the clerk and argue with him. Very rude clerk.
DO NOT STAY HERE!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
maddynmel, Front Office Manager at Inns of Virginia - Woodbridge, responded to this review, July 8, 2011
This response is written to state that we are a budget hotel. We do our very best to ozone any smells such as cigarette smoke from our rooms and hallways. If ever a customer stays at our hotel and does not feel safe or smells wafts of marijuana or anything else that they feel is illegal they should contact the authorities right away. We do not condone any such activity. It is also always a good practice to not let children go out by themselves. Our weekly rates are much lower than the daily rate and as such customers are required to pay in advance in order to obtain the weekly rate. If ever you have a problem with one of the desk clerks you should always ask to speak to the manager and or notify the Corporate Office as we would really like to make right what ever issue you may be experiencing.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2011

If it weren't for the trains whistling and blowing by in the middle of the night, which kept waking us up, it was the Smoke Alarm that started to "chirp" in the middle of the night because of a dead or low battery. We tried telling the Front Dest about it and they said that they would fix it that day, but they never did. The next day, I reminded the Front Desk about it so they gave ME a battery to replace it myself. I did it just to get the Smoke Alarm to go back to Silence. Also, it was House keepers slamming doors close by. We are currently in Room 214 til July 5th and the House keepers must have a laundry room or storeage room near by because every few minutes, it would SLAM over and over again EARLY in the morning while we were trying to sleep since we couldn't sleep the night before due to the trains blowing by. VERY IRRITATING! We also had a light bulb in the bathroom that needed to be replaced. We told the Front Desk about that as well. They said they would replace that as well. Nothing! For 5 days we kept reminding them until finally one night, another guest that was staying here tried to help and replace it. Still the bulb didn't work. And still we need a bulb in the Bathroom. You have to stay for a week (7 days) to get a "weekly rate." We are here for 8 nights which qualified us for the weekly rate. We visited everyplace we wanted to visit in 6 days so we asked the girl at the Front Desk if we can get a refund on the EIGHTH night since we will finish out our "weekly rate" stay. Once AGAIN.... Disappointment! The girl at the front desk calledl the General Manager to see if we could get that one nights refund. Nope. Even though we are staying our full week, we cannot get a refund on our eight night here so now we are stuck here... unhappy

Room Tip: Never stay longer than your weekly rate stay.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
I would like to respond to this person by saying that I am sorry that their stay was not what they were hoping for and did not meet their expectations. Our weekly rate is much lower than the daily rate and as such has to be paid in advance for the upcoming stay (common practice in the industry). Our Woodbridge location maintains an near 100% occupancy and the housekeepers do start work at 7:00 am to allow time to get all the rooms clean. I appologize for the light bulb in the bathroom. Maintance items usually get taken care of as soon as it is reported to the front desk or as quickly as possible. As far as the smoke alarm chirping, we just had a safety inspection last Wednesday and all checked as working properly. At Inns of Virginia our goal is to create a "home away from home" feeling. I am sorry that this was not the case for your stay. I hope that you will try us again so you can see that this is not the norm.
Wrentham, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2011

I had no problems what-so ever with my stay at this hotel. room was very clean bathroom was very clean. staff was nice and accommodating to my needs. I will stay here again. Great bargain!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
Gaithersburg, Maryland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2010

I chose this hotel because it was close to Ft. Belvoir, was very reasonably priced, and said it had wifi. On checking in, I found that the carpet smelled of dampness and dogs, but they had disinfected and used deodorants. I kept the AC running and it got better. Otherwise, the room was perfectly clean. The bed was fairly uncomfortable, with a thin layer of padding over steel springs. The bath tub faucet dripped terribly, and that's a waste but it didn't affect me.

The hotel offers free continental breakfast, but I didn't get to try it as I had to leave at 6:30 and the breakfast started at 7:00. There was a coffee maker in the room, but I had to ask at the desk for coffee packets and styrofoam cups, which they kept behind the counter. They looked at me like I was taking food from children, and told me to get the free breakfast. I had to explain that I had to leave early.

Another problem was that the wifi didn't work. I tried for 2 hours to get connected, using both IE and Mozilla, and couldn't get online. There was only one ice machine, on the 3rd floor, and no elevators. If you stay there, take light luggage or stay on the 1st floor. Use the side doors if you can, as the front door has smokers sitting on the steps (there is no place for them to smoke otherwise).

The best thing about this hotel is that it is close to a good bar and restaurant, Water's Edge, at a marina on the Occoquan River. It was a very friendly place, overlooking the docks, and the service was great. I got a fillet mignon that was great for only 15 bucks.

The next time I have business at Ft. Belvoir, I will stay elsewhere and drive over to Water's Edge for dinner.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
maddynmel, Front Office Manager at Inns of Virginia - Woodbridge, responded to this review, October 21, 2010
I apologize to this reviewer. It appears that they did not have a pleasant stay at our hotel. At our hotel we use a ozone machine in the rooms to remove odors. If the management had been notified immediately they would have addressed the issue and or moved the person to another room. Our hotel rooms are equipped with coffee packets in the room. If ever the supply is not there a simple call to the front desk would rectify the situation. We offer free high speed internet connection through Comcast and we just recently updated to a much higher speed to accomodate more people using the system at the same time. At Inns of Virginia we strive to offer our customer's a clean, comfortable room that is clean and affordable. As always, if there is a problem managment will work to resolve as soon as notified.

Been to Inns of Virginia - Woodbridge? Share your experiences!