“A lot of Improvement” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 14 hotels in Woodbridge
Wake Forest, NC
“A lot of Improvement”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2007

A lot of good change since last year. The remodeled the Lobby and had new furniture and new bedding in rooms.

The rooms are very clean and comfortable. The staff is very firendly and helpful. Very convenient location.

• Stayed June 2007
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

35 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Morganton, North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2006

Let me start out by saying, most people who stayed in the room I did would give this hotel a 'Terrible' rating. Previous reveiws did not lie. The hotel is old and that shows everywhere you look. There are spots of mold and water stains on the ceilings; spots on the carpet; banged up and torn furnishings; broken plugs in sink and tub. None of these are things you want for a hotel room, let alone all of them together. I stayed at the hotel for 3 nights. My reason for choosing the Quality Inn was because of cost. I had read reviews and was prepared for what I found. The one bright point about this hotel is the housekeeping. All the linens and towels were spotless! I was not afraid to sleep in the bed or use the washcloths. I've stayed in some nice hotels where I wouldn't touch the towels! With all the problems I was pleasently surprised by the housekeeping. I also enjoyed the continental breakfast they provide. I would stay here again for one night only if I need to conserve funds. I will NOT stay here for multiple nights again. If you can afford the extra $15, there are hotels elsewhere is Woodbridge that are worth the price.

• Liked — Housekeeping and breakfast.
  • Disliked — Everything else
  • Tips/Secrets — If you do stay here - request first floor.
  • Stayed October 2006, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Essex England
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2006

Having read the reviews about this hotel, we decided to book anyway thinking that it couldn't be that bad. Well it is. We were checked into a room that had a bad odour, every peice of wallpaper was hanging off the wall, there was mould on the wallpaper, the carpet was badly stained and the bath mat was black. To access the pool at the front of the hotel on the main road, you have to walk out of the hotel, across the car part - not too friendly if you have children.
We told reception we wouldn't be staying and they offered us another room. However, there were working in the reception who were installing some new carpeting - not the kind of atmosphere that you want during your vacation.
We checked out and checked into the Bestt Western where for only $4 a night more you get spotlessly clean rooms and reception, a pool with a lifeguard and and upgraded buffet breakfast. I recommend looking elsehwere.

Copenhagen, Denmark
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2006

So, were a family of 3 , to adults and our daugther.from denmark.
We´re on a roadtrip. We have booked all our motels/hotels from the internet.
I don´t know where the got the pictures from but it is not what it look like in real life..
The lobby was dirty, there were mold? on the cieling.
The pool was closed (and dirty)
But we hoped that our room was fine.. it wasn,t. Cigaretteburnmarks in the bathroom( in a nonsmokingroom!!!) foodstains? on the wall and the bedsheets, pillowcovers were dirty on one of the cover it looked like a footprint!!!
we´re not picky but we went down to the manager and told her about it, she said that we had booked a smokingroom- but thats not right I have the confirmation email and it says nonsmoking. then she said that she could give us a discount on the room.
We say no and asked if she could call the sleep inn, on shoppers best way if they had a room.
She did it but I could see that she was not pleased.
We went to the sleep inn, and there was nice freindly manager the room was clean, the bathroom sparkeling clean.
So if youre in doubt where to sleep if you been shopping all day, choose the sleep inn.
Maybe I should say that our overall experince on our roadtrip with the quality inn has been okay, and maybe thats why we´re so surprised, but we´re slept on a econo lodge that was better than this quality inn in woodbridge.

• Stayed July 2006
A TripAdvisor Member
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2006

The first thing that comes to mind with this hotel is you get what you pay for. We were looking to stay on a budget near Washington DC for vacation, and the reviews on this hotel and the price made this seem like a good choice. The first thing I noticed was how rude the staff was. That never got any better as the week went on. Don't bother asking the front desk for anything because you will not get a response. The room had a smell to it when I first walked in but noticed that as the week went on i noticed it less and less. The room itself was fairly clean but the hallway needed to be cleaned a little better. For the price, and the location it was okay. The breakfast was good. So if you are going to be out sight seeing all day, and just need a place at night, then this would be a good hotel. If you are looking for real quality, keep looking.

• Stayed April 2006
A TripAdvisor Member
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2005

This place is about 10 miles from the METRO station. We stayed here for 2 days during out sightseeing trip to DC area.

We drove up to Metro station and parked our car and took a train to DC. Parking costs about $3.95 and a all day metro pass is about $6 per head. It is very convient to take metro rather than driving. There are lot of parking at Franconia-Springfield metro station.

Hotel is an ok place. Room is very small for 3 people ( We had one queen bed and took an extra roll over bed). We paid around $92 (Including extra rollaway bed). People at the front desk are nice and a good free breakfast as well.

There is a Taco bell nearby and few other places to eat.

The only problem I had was toilet was not at all clean. Even though the cleaning crew come daily they should make sure they clean bathroom and toilet properly ( some edges which are not visible at first)

• Stayed August 2005
North Kingstown, Rhode Island
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2005

My family stayed here on our way to Charlottesville and on our way back. The 2 stays were definitely different, with the second one being better than the first. On the first night, we stayed in a room with a door that adjoined with the room next to ours. That door was paper thin and we apparently disturbed our neighbors when we checked in at 2:30 am. Well, they graciously returned the favor at 7:00 am (with a child pounding on the wall and screaming), when I CLEARLY heard someone in their room say something about us checking in at 3:00 in the morning. On the second stay, our room didn't have the adjoining door, so the room was much quieter. The hotel is old and a bit worn, but it was generally clean. The breakfast room was somewhat cramped, but the attendants were very polite and helpful. They provide cereal, muffins, bagels, fruit, toast, juice, coffee, tea, AND - freshly made waffles. Overall, I would say that the Quality Inn Woodbridge suited our needs for a place to stay - especially after I read some of the horrible reviews of other places in the same area and in the same or higher price range.

• Stayed April 2005

Been to Quality Inn near Potomac Mills? Share your experiences!