“This is a Dump” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 14 Hotels in Woodbridge
Vancouver, Washington
“This is a Dump”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2009

We were forced to stay here due to flight cancellations at Reagan National, and this was the closest room I could find that wasn't already booked.

The positives:
The exterior looked nice, and check-in was handled quickly and efficiently.

The negative:
The room. As others have said, the layout of the room was poor. The bed was against the wall, so it could only be entered from one side (fortunately it was 'my side!'). The room was dirty, seemed damp, the bathroom was dirty and the entire room needs a face-lift. I also had the pleasure of killing a large spider in the room, always fun for an arachnophobe.

I cannot comment on the breakfast, I had to leave before it started (no complaint there, w left ridiculously early due to flights).

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
MikeHampton, Owner at Quality Inn near Potomac Mills, responded to this review, June 22, 2009
I'm concerned about the stay you experienced at our hotel during your recent visit. I'm writing to thank you for taking the time to bring this matter to my attention.

We accommodate many guests each evening, and the principal goal of our hotel

We are disappointed that we did not meet your expectations as to room condition and cleanliness. I am spoken to the staff about stepping up our efforts to exceed guest expectations on cleanliness. We are sorry had to leave so early, as we pride ourselves on offering an exemplary breakfast with stellar friendly service.

Again, I want to thank you for taking the time to share your concerns with us. There's no excuse for anything less than complete guest satisfaction. That's our goal.

We look forward to serving you again in the near future.

Michael

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Clinton, Connecticut
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2009

After reading the last review we wondered if we stayed in the same place.
Our experience was just the opposit in most cases. Hotel is a little hard to find and the cost to have your pet with you is pretty steep (we paid $22.00 per night for our pup).
The place is average fare (definately not 5 star). Room had a refrigerator and microwave & a safe and we found it to be clean and there was no perfume smell nor was it damp.
The front desk was very helpful in giving us directions to shoping and when we checked in we asked for a room as close as possible to an entrance and on the 1st floor as I have a heart condition. They put us in a room that was just what we had asked for. They were very plesant and accommodating and there was no problem with communication.
Breakfast was good although the pastry was a little stale.
The building is older but it appeared to be fairly well maintained. Toilet paper holder was a little rusted and should be replaced.
All in all, a good place to stay for the money
Silvrfox

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
allenproperties, Sales Manager at Quality Inn near Potomac Mills, responded to this review, May 26, 2009
Good Morning Infrequenttraveler8,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review.
I appreciate the feedback and will address the items mentioned ( pet rate, pastry stale & toilet paper holder rusted ). We value the opinions and views of our guest and strive to make your visit a positive, pleasant experiece. I am very pleased that your stay was a positive experiece and that the staff was helpful and accomodating. When your in the area we hope that you will choose to stay with us again. Once again thank you for your reveiw - Have a wonderful day......
Regards,
C. Armstrong - Sales Mgr
Beverly Hills, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2008

This has to be the worst hotel I have ever stayed in. The woman at the front desk does not speak nor understand English very well. We tried to get directions from her to the hotel and she did not understand where we were or how to guide us to the hotel. After finding our way, upon entering this "old" hotel we noticed a strange odor that was covered up by perfume. The lobby was dirty, dark, smelled and needed some plaster work. The hallway leading to our room was dark, dirty, smelly and needed work. Our room was so small that I could not get in or out of bed easily. The bed was against the wall, probably because there were too many chairs in the room. The room smelled musty and covered up by perfume. There were chips in the walls and ceiling. The rug was dirty, the bed was not as clean as it should have been. The bathroom was old, dirty and chips were in the ceiling, walls and doors. When we woke up the room was damp and musty smelling. Surprisingly the breakfast was good. Fortunately we used our Choice Privilege Points or we would have had to pay almost $100 for this very horrible experience. This hotel is hard to find. It is not located in a convenient place and the signs were non existent.

I notified Choice Hotels and this hotel about our experiences. So far nothing has been done that I know of and we haven't heard from the hotel itself.

I do not recommend that anyone stay here. Avoid it.

• Liked — Nothing. Breakfast was OK.
  • Disliked — Everything
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
MikeHampton, Owner at Quality Inn near Potomac Mills, responded to this review, May 8, 2009
I am concerned about the inconvenience you experienced at our hotel during your recent visit. Thank you for taking the time to bring this matter to my attention.

We accommodate many guests each evening, and the principal goal of our hotel is to provide dependable service to each at a reasonable price. Consequently, it's disappointing to learn that you're unhappy. Please accept my sincere apology.

A hotel is defined by the quality of service that it provides to its guests. Because our success is measured by how our guests evaluate our services and facilities, I want you to know that the comments and suggestions we receive are taken seriously. They tell us what we're doing right, what we're doing wrong and how we can improve. Your willingness to share your recent experience is genuinely appreciated.

Please be assured that the issues you have raised have been addressed, and that appropriate action has been taken. We take pride in our hotel, and do our best to prevent problems from recurring. Therefore, I'd like you to give us another chance by staying with us again during your next visit to this area.

We look forward to serving you again in the near future.

Miami, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2008

The woman who checked us in really didn't know her job well and it took almost a half hour to check in. The rest of the staff seemed friendly and competant. The only really major probelm was the room smelled musty and when the a/c was on it just got
worse. My daughter accidently turned it on heat instead of cold and the heater started smoking. Was a little scary. Carpet was frayed and rooms really could of used some updating.

• Liked — Great Breakfast
  • Disliked — the smell in the room
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Thank you for your comment regarding your stay at our hotel. We value comments from our guests and try to use those comments to improve our hotel.

I am sorry about the fact that you were not completely satisfied with your stay.

I have spoken with the staff and reviewed the importance of properly addressing the mold smell you experienced in your guest room.

I hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you in the future.

We look forward to your next visit with us.

Lenexa, Kansas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2008

The 1 Queen bed room was a little small, but sufficient for 2 people. It wasn't as clean as clean could be, but close.

However, Clayton must be completely incompetent at the front desk. We had been in the area for a funeral and left our phone charger in the room. We realized this about an hour outside of town, so we couldn't turn around. We called the front desk and gave Clayton our Fed Ex account number, address, and other details. He found the phone charger and said he would get it out.

Someone else from the front desk called about our zip code, inquiring if it was "Q8314." No, its 28314. Q? Unbelievable.

So the charger didn't show up this afternoon at the apartment. I called the hotel, and after some asking around, found out the phone charger had not only NOT been sent out, but hadn't even been boxed up. So it's 630pm on a Friday. Hopefully they can send it out via Saturday delivery, otherwise, we won't get our phone charger until Tuesday morning and both our phones will have been long dead.

Stayed March 2008

I am sorry about the fact that we did not accommodate you as quickly as we should have in returning your misplaced phone charger.

I have spoken with the staff and reviewed the importance of passing message and open action items from shift to shift. "Good service" is by definition getting done what we promise.

I hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you in the future.

We look forward to your next visit with us.

Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2007

For the one night we stayed there it was just fine. I was surprised how clean the room was and how well the utilities worked. I must say there was nothing that I thought needed improvement especially for the low economic price of the room. Finally, a hotel with clean basic necessities and for a great price!!

• Liked — open and lit parkinglot
  • Disliked — na
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
On behalf of our hotel staff, I am writing to let you know how delighted we were to receive your kind words of praise. Its nice to know that you were very satisfied with the value we offer.

Given the very nature of the hotel business, the hours are long and demanding. Day or night, good service depends upon people willing to give their very best at all times. That's why it's truly rewarding when a guest recognizes our staff’s efforts, and takes the time to say thank you.

We accommodate many guests each evening, and we strive to make their night's stay a satisfying one. The principal goal of our hotel is to provide dependable service to all of our guests at reasonable prices. But, it's only through their eyes that we can accurately assess the quality of the accommodations and services we provide.

Philadelphia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2007

I stayed at this hotel for 28 nights on 7 different occasions. Now it is nothing fancy but it was very clean and comfortable. They have a great continental breakfast. All the rooms have a Frig and a microwave. A/C and hot water worked perfectly. There is a nice bowling
alley walking distance from the hotel also if get into your car and drive 5 min there is a 24 hour CVS. You also have a supermarket and little shopping center you can walk to. The pool was great bonus also.
My only complaint is as business traveler they didn't they only had one electrical outlet that wasn't being used and I need two. On two different occasions my telephone didn't work and the toilet seat was broken. It took them about 40 mins for them to bring me another phone and about 20 mins for them to fix the seat. Otherwise it was a very uneventful stay.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Layout
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
On behalf of our hotel staff, I am writing to let you know how delighted we were to receive your kind words of praise as well as your suggestions for how we might have improved your stay.

We accommodate many guests each evening, and we strive to make their night's stay a satisfying one. We have review with the housekeeping staff the importance of reviewing the guest room phone and other fixtures to carefully catch problems before the geusts experience them.

Again, let me thank you for your kind words and suggestions.

Michael

Been to Quality Inn near Potomac Mills? Share your experiences!