“This lodging place needs work, and a better attitude” 2 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #11 of 14 Hotels in Woodbridge
Roanoke, Virginia, USA
“This lodging place needs work, and a better attitude”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

I just stayed here last night, Sunday, July 27, '14. Location is terrific if you want to be close to the Potomac Mills Mall or have access to the i-95 corridor south of the Beltway. But the place has issues. I got a room on the first floor like I wanted, but the door would not close unless I pulled it shut. And the employee who was in charge of the breakfast room was downright rude to me. She had the TV on very loud at 6:05 AM, and when I asked her to please turn it down, she said I needed to go to the front desk. Guy there said that SHE had the TV remote. I then asked her again to turn it down, and she did .... but only a tiny bit. I think she wanted it on loud so that she could hear it while she was in the remote room for employees only. It was still too loud for me (loud noises cause a headache), so I had to get stuff to go and bring it back to my room. NEVER had that type of experience at any of the roughly 100 Choice hotel lodgings I have stayed at for the past 11 years.

Room Tip: I always prefer a room on the same floor as the breakfast area.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
luvnthebeach71, Director of Sales at Quality Inn near Potomac Mills, responded to this review, July 29, 2014
We are really sorry that you left unhappy at our property. We have just finished 100% renovation and the door probably needs to be adjusted. We strive every single day to provide the very best customer service we can and the issue with the TV in our breakfast rooms, clearly shows we need to coach our employees a little better. Again, we are all are extremely so for your experience and hope you might be able to give us another chance to show you we really are a great hotel.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Hampton, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

This hotel was conveniently located near Potomac Mills shopping centers (IKEA) off I-95. The rooms were clean and modern with all the necessary amenities of a LED/LCD TV, small refrigerator, coffee pot, desk and a safe. This hotel is pet friendly with a designated pet walking area.

Stayed July 2014
luvnthebeach71, Director of Sales at Quality Inn near Potomac Mills, responded to this review, July 21, 2014
Thank you so very much for your wonderful review about the Quality Inn near Potomac Mills. We are thrilled you had such a great experience with us. Since we are completely renovated as of 4/30/14, it makes us so happy to hear the positive experiences our guests are having here. We hope to see you again real soon and again thanks so much for your kind words.
Columbus, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014

First visit to area I came in at 7 a.m. To sleep for the day.
This hotel has been completely renovated including the grounds and the pool landscaping paint interior beds TVs you name it. I stay in 15 hotels a month and this is the best renovation I've seen in over a year. Excellent breakfast hotmail friendly staff and general manager. I highly recommend it to anyone staying in the area it also was the lowest price in the area.

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
luvnthebeach71, Director of Sales at Quality Inn near Potomac Mills, responded to this review, June 9, 2014
Thank you so much for your kind words about our hotel. We have worked very hard to completely change the entire look and feel of the hotel. Our goal is make sure every single guest has a positive experience and we are very happy you will be visiting us again.
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2014

My wife and I were visiting family in Woodbridge and need a clean, inexpensive hotel close by. We were told this Quality Inn has been taken over by new management, and they are really working hard to make positive changes and correct all the previous problems people had. They've renovated the inside, and have done a great job. The rooms are clean and comfortable, the beds are very comfortable, and the staff is very friendly and helpful, the free breakfast is much more than juice and pastrys. We had to extend our stay and they matched our price from a third pary webite!

When we come back and need a hotel, this is our choice.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
luvnthebeach71, Director of Sales at Quality Inn near Potomac Mills, responded to this review, May 19, 2014
We are so pleased you took the time to write this review about your great experience with us. As of April 2014 we are completely renovated and reading your review was such a joy to us. We strive to excellent guest experiences and hope to have you back with us when you are in the area. Thank you so much for becoming part of Quality Inn family.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

Hotel was very comfortable. Staff was very nice and helpful. coffee and tea in the lobby. It snowed the day we left to come back to Florida which was the icing on the cake, I had not seen snow in over 30 years! Trip was fantastic. Walking distance to several restaurants and stores. Bus to the Potomic Mills Mall. Train into Washington DC was a short ride too.

Room Tip: Close to train and bus into Washington D.C.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Richmond, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

I'm a low-maintenance traveler with minimal needs, but this hotel didn't meet my expectations. The room had a distinct musty smell, and the hallway (where there were no-smoking signs prominently displayed) smelled like fresh and stale cigarette smoke. The microwave did not work because it was too far away from an outlet to be plugged in. And, the outlet was already occupied with a lamp and the fridge. The bed was adequate. I didn't stay for the breakfast.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Newport News, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012

I stayed here this past April during spring break when I bought my son and niece to DC to tour the area. We flew into Reagan on a red eye flight. It was late when we got our rental car. We drove around for hours trying to get a room. Almost every place we stopped at had a sign on the door that said NO VACANCIES. When we pulled up to one hotel the lady inside took one look at me and said the rooms are $200 per night. She didn't even let me make it to the counter. I don't know what that was all about but whatever. I realized that we were on I-95 south heading away from DC so I figured great maybe now we can get something. I was wrong. I continued to pull over only to be disappointed by sign after sign on every door that said NO VACANCIES. After awhile I noticed we were being followed by a vehicle looking for a room for the night also. I saw the Quality Inn and when I pulled up I didn't see a NO VACANCY sign so I jumped out of the rental car and ran inside. The man behind us in the other vehicle pulled up behind me and the lady on the passenger side jumped out and ran in behind me. Needless to say I beat her to the counter. I don't know if they were able to get a room or not. By this time it was after 2am and I didn't care how much the rooms were. We were dead tired. I believe it only cost a little over $200 total. The room was nice in my opinion. We stayed for 2 nights. It was hot and stuffy when we first walked in but once we turned on the air it cooled off very quickly. There were plenty of towels in the bathroom. I didn't watch the t.v. but the kids did so I'll say it was ok. Of course there is always worn carpet in any and every hotel or motel. I don't care where you go. It was way better than most I've seen. We were visiting the sights in DC all day so I guess you can say when we were in the room our eyes were closed the whole time. I thought the breakfast was great. Way better than I expected it to be. I was only expecting coffee, doughnuts, and maybe some bagels but I had fresh waffles, eggs (powdered), toast, juice, fruit and cereal. I can't comment about the internet, pool or gym because I don't know if they had them or not. Overall my experience was a good one.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family

Been to Quality Inn near Potomac Mills? Share your experiences!