“Mr” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 14 Hotels in Woodbridge
Columbus, Ohio
“Mr”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014

First visit to area I came in at 7 a.m. To sleep for the day.
This hotel has been completely renovated including the grounds and the pool landscaping paint interior beds TVs you name it. I stay in 15 hotels a month and this is the best renovation I've seen in over a year. Excellent breakfast hotmail friendly staff and general manager. I highly recommend it to anyone staying in the area it also was the lowest price in the area.

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
luvnthebeach71, Director of Sales at Quality Inn near Potomac Mills, responded to this review, June 9, 2014
Thank you so much for your kind words about our hotel. We have worked very hard to completely change the entire look and feel of the hotel. Our goal is make sure every single guest has a positive experience and we are very happy you will be visiting us again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2014

My wife and I were visiting family in Woodbridge and need a clean, inexpensive hotel close by. We were told this Quality Inn has been taken over by new management, and they are really working hard to make positive changes and correct all the previous problems people had. They've renovated the inside, and have done a great job. The rooms are clean and comfortable, the beds are very comfortable, and the staff is very friendly and helpful, the free breakfast is much more than juice and pastrys. We had to extend our stay and they matched our price from a third pary webite!

When we come back and need a hotel, this is our choice.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
luvnthebeach71, Director of Sales at Quality Inn near Potomac Mills, responded to this review, May 19, 2014
We are so pleased you took the time to write this review about your great experience with us. As of April 2014 we are completely renovated and reading your review was such a joy to us. We strive to excellent guest experiences and hope to have you back with us when you are in the area. Thank you so much for becoming part of Quality Inn family.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

Hotel was very comfortable. Staff was very nice and helpful. coffee and tea in the lobby. It snowed the day we left to come back to Florida which was the icing on the cake, I had not seen snow in over 30 years! Trip was fantastic. Walking distance to several restaurants and stores. Bus to the Potomic Mills Mall. Train into Washington DC was a short ride too.

Room Tip: Close to train and bus into Washington D.C.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Richmond, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

I'm a low-maintenance traveler with minimal needs, but this hotel didn't meet my expectations. The room had a distinct musty smell, and the hallway (where there were no-smoking signs prominently displayed) smelled like fresh and stale cigarette smoke. The microwave did not work because it was too far away from an outlet to be plugged in. And, the outlet was already occupied with a lamp and the fridge. The bed was adequate. I didn't stay for the breakfast.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Newport News, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012

I stayed here this past April during spring break when I bought my son and niece to DC to tour the area. We flew into Reagan on a red eye flight. It was late when we got our rental car. We drove around for hours trying to get a room. Almost every place we stopped at had a sign on the door that said NO VACANCIES. When we pulled up to one hotel the lady inside took one look at me and said the rooms are $200 per night. She didn't even let me make it to the counter. I don't know what that was all about but whatever. I realized that we were on I-95 south heading away from DC so I figured great maybe now we can get something. I was wrong. I continued to pull over only to be disappointed by sign after sign on every door that said NO VACANCIES. After awhile I noticed we were being followed by a vehicle looking for a room for the night also. I saw the Quality Inn and when I pulled up I didn't see a NO VACANCY sign so I jumped out of the rental car and ran inside. The man behind us in the other vehicle pulled up behind me and the lady on the passenger side jumped out and ran in behind me. Needless to say I beat her to the counter. I don't know if they were able to get a room or not. By this time it was after 2am and I didn't care how much the rooms were. We were dead tired. I believe it only cost a little over $200 total. The room was nice in my opinion. We stayed for 2 nights. It was hot and stuffy when we first walked in but once we turned on the air it cooled off very quickly. There were plenty of towels in the bathroom. I didn't watch the t.v. but the kids did so I'll say it was ok. Of course there is always worn carpet in any and every hotel or motel. I don't care where you go. It was way better than most I've seen. We were visiting the sights in DC all day so I guess you can say when we were in the room our eyes were closed the whole time. I thought the breakfast was great. Way better than I expected it to be. I was only expecting coffee, doughnuts, and maybe some bagels but I had fresh waffles, eggs (powdered), toast, juice, fruit and cereal. I can't comment about the internet, pool or gym because I don't know if they had them or not. Overall my experience was a good one.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Gilbert, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

I actually stayed here in September of 2011 for 7 nights, and didn't take the time to review back then. I "got stuck" with this hotel because my boss made extremely last minute travel plans for a conference in Quantico. My boss mentioned that we might be going back again this September and I refused to go if we were staying at this Quality Inn.

My room was on the bottom floor next to the hallway A/C fan that was blowing horrible smelling (body odor) air down the hallway. I had to hold my breath to get in the room. I read the reviews before arriving and brought a can of Lysol and Febreeze. I ran out before the 4th night was up. The room and especially bathroom was very old and run down besides not being especially clean.

In my bosses room (second floor), the rain caused a large ceiling tile to fall and exposed some mold that had been growing. When he got back later that evening after housekeeping had been through they had just torn down the dangling tile. No one offered to move him to a new room.

I've read some of the "canned" responses from the hotel manager about them trying their best to provide value and service, but the truth is that the building and rooms are just too old and rundown that any amount of service or smiles can overcome. Until there is a renovation, I am avoiding this hotel at all costs. I'd rather sleep in the car and use the bathroom at the truck stop.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2012

My second hotel I had to use because I was traveling with a pet. I hope I never have to use a pet friendly hotel again.
Certainly nothing special about this hotel. The room wasn't cleaned properly. I found trash on the floor. The heater was unplugged from the wall. When I went to plug it in, I found the plug to be burned. I plugged the heater in and found it was broken. The heater was not adjustable. I'm assuming that was one reason it was unplugged.
The carpet was gross and the bathroom was not cleaned well.
I will say that the woman at the front desk when we checked in was extremely friendly.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel!
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family

Been to Quality Inn near Potomac Mills? Share your experiences!