“Deplorable” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 14 hotels in Woodbridge
Ogden, Utah
“Deplorable”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2011 via mobile

New management destroyed this place. We hace been there many times as truck drivers. Rooms smelled of urine. Teerible customer service from female manager

• Stayed May 2011

31 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Norfolk
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2010

Very courteous check in - early with no notice.
Room was comfortable and relatively clean - we don't expect spotless at this price point
microwave and mini-frig; free (working!) wireless internet
GREAT hot breakfast - Belgian waffles, scrambled eggs, toast, cereal, fruit, juices, coffee..WOW
There were some missing tiles in the bathroom.
The TV had a universal remote that didn't work well - had to manually input TV channels since the channel switcher (and volume) did not work.
We'll use this hotel again - VERY close to I-95, too.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
MikeHampton, Owner at Quality Inn near Potomac Mills, responded to this review, November 5, 2010
Thank you for your kind words. We appreciate your business and are please that we met your expectations for value. I will be sure to left the staff know about you experience.

We look forward to seeing you again on your travels in and around DC.

Lancaster, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2010

This place is the worst!! They lost our reservation and even thought the place was mostly half empty the man at the front desk was very rude about booking us a room. It took almost an hour to get checked in. We were with a group that almost half of the reservations were lost so they did not want to give us the group rate. We ended up staying there because our group was there but if it would have been for more than 1 night we would have gone somewhere else.
The lobby was dirty and when we got to our room it really stank! The air conditioning did not work, the sheets were dirty and I could not use the iron because it had black stuff on it. Of course there was no manager on duty. And after we left every time I called to talk to a manager they always said she was not it. I finally said I would hold while they go find her. And in her poor english she was also rude and did not even apologize for the condition of the hotel or the room.
We also did not eat the breakfast who knows what that kitchen looks like!
I wouldn’t recommend this hotel to anyone!! And hopefully they will not be in business much longer, unless they get a new manager and staff.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
Jacksonville, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2010

My husband and I stayed at this hotel with another couple because it was a reasonable distant to DC and the Marine Corps Museum. That is the only positive thing about this hotel.
I should have known that our check in process would be frustrating since the man who arrived and checked in before us, a typical routine process, took about 15 minutes.
I had a discount card to reduce the rate of our room from $104 to $69, something I've done before. Usually I just have to hand the card to the person at the counter, and they take care of our check-in in less than five minutes. The man that we dealt with took nearly half an hour since he had no clue what he was doing. On top of that, he spoke and understood VERY little English, which just made everything a lot more complicated.
Usually I go with a Choice Hotel because not only do I usually get a good rate, but the rooms are clean and nice and the staff is professional and friendly.
This hotel is disgusting. The hallways smell like cigarette smoke, even next to our non-smoking room (which featured cigarette burns on the comforter). The AC did not work in our room and when it was on just made the room hotter, the beds were uncomfortable and the pillows were flat, it was exactly what I was NOT looking for. It was not a room I was willing to pay $104 or $69 for, it was something I would expect to see at the Motel 8.
We would have complained or even switched hotels, but this was supposed to be a nice, fun trip for my husband and our friend, both of whom are Marines who just returned from Haiti. From our experience with check-in and our run-ins with the cleaning staff, it was quite apparent that this is a family run hotel and it was likely that any complaint or even the check out process would be as complicated and frustrating as it was to check-in. Since we spent every day running around DC, we were too exhausted to care when we managed to make it back to the hotel.
I would not recommend this hotel to anyone, and I'll be surprised if they stay in business much longer. They definitely need a new staff and a make-over.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with friends
MikeHampton, Owner at Quality Inn near Potomac Mills, responded to this review, September 24, 2010
I'm concerned about the stay you experienced at our hotel during your recent visit. I'm writing to thank you for taking the time to bring this matter to my attention.

We accommodate many guests each evening, and the principal goal of our hotel
is to provide dependable service to each at a reasonable price. Consequently, it's disappointing to learn that you're unhappy. Please accept my sincere apology.

A hotel is defined by the quality of service that it provides to its guests. Because our success is measured by how our guests evaluate our services and facilities, I want you to know that the comments and suggestions we receive are taken seriously. They tell us what we're doing right, what we're doing wrong and how we can improve. Your willingness to share your recent experience is genuinely appreciated.

We have replaced the ventilation system and are pleased to report to future guests that the odor issues addressed here have been resolved.

Again, I want to thank you for taking the time to share your concerns with us. There's no excuse for anything less than complete guest satisfaction. That's our goal.

We look forward to serving you again in the near future.

MA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2010

Luckily I had asked to check the room before booking. The hallway is a very smoky, this was a smoking hotel before that was converted. I can tell, I had asked for another room. Condition was OK, the bed mattress felt like a used one. The other hotel I had stayed in before that was cheaper had better beds! I can't breathe at all in the room and can not open the windows.

So, if you are a smoker you won't tell a difference but, for us NONE smokers. I won't book here again.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
I'm concerned about your recent visit to our hotel. I'm writing to thank you for taking the time to bring this matter to my attention.

We accommodate many guests each evening, and we strive to make their stay a satisfying one. The principal goal of our hotel is to provide dependable service to all of our guests at reasonable prices. Consequently, it's disappointing to learn that you're unhappy.

Please accept my sincere apology.

The hallway ventilation system has been repaired and future guests shouldn't experience the odor issue that you did.

Your willingness to share your recent experience is genuinely appreciated.

We look forward to serving your future lodging needs.

South Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2009

Even with the air on, the room stayed very humid. The bath towels even felt damp. We are from the southern east coast and used to extreme humidity, but this was ridiculous.
The staff was friendly and even gave us a discount. Be sure to ask for the safe box fee to be removed from your bill before you leave if you don't use it.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
MikeHampton, Owner at Quality Inn near Potomac Mills, responded to this review, July 23, 2009

Please accept my sincere apology.

The bath vent fan has been repaired and future guests shouldn't experience the humidity issue that you did.

Your willingness to share your recent experience is genuinely appreciated.

We look forward to serving your future lodging needs.

Portland, Oregon
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2009

We were forced to stay here due to flight cancellations at Reagan National, and this was the closest room I could find that wasn't already booked.

The positives:
The exterior looked nice, and check-in was handled quickly and efficiently.

The negative:
The room. As others have said, the layout of the room was poor. The bed was against the wall, so it could only be entered from one side (fortunately it was 'my side!'). The room was dirty, seemed damp, the bathroom was dirty and the entire room needs a face-lift. I also had the pleasure of killing a large spider in the room, always fun for an arachnophobe.

I cannot comment on the breakfast, I had to leave before it started (no complaint there, w left ridiculously early due to flights).

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
MikeHampton, Owner at Quality Inn near Potomac Mills, responded to this review, June 22, 2009

We accommodate many guests each evening, and the principal goal of our hotel

We are disappointed that we did not meet your expectations as to room condition and cleanliness. I am spoken to the staff about stepping up our efforts to exceed guest expectations on cleanliness. We are sorry had to leave so early, as we pride ourselves on offering an exemplary breakfast with stellar friendly service.

We look forward to serving you again in the near future.

Michael

Been to Quality Inn near Potomac Mills? Share your experiences!