“Good Price, Good Hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 14 hotels in Woodbridge
Philadelphia
“Good Price, Good Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2007

I stayed at this hotel for 28 nights on 7 different occasions. Now it is nothing fancy but it was very clean and comfortable. They have a great continental breakfast. All the rooms have a Frig and a microwave. A/C and hot water worked perfectly. There is a nice bowling
alley walking distance from the hotel also if get into your car and drive 5 min there is a 24 hour CVS. You also have a supermarket and little shopping center you can walk to. The pool was great bonus also.
My only complaint is as business traveler they didn't they only had one electrical outlet that wasn't being used and I need two. On two different occasions my telephone didn't work and the toilet seat was broken. It took them about 40 mins for them to bring me another phone and about 20 mins for them to fix the seat. Otherwise it was a very uneventful stay.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Layout
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
MikeHampton, Owner at Quality Inn near Potomac Mills, responded to this review, May 8, 2009
On behalf of our hotel staff, I am writing to let you know how delighted we were to receive your kind words of praise as well as your suggestions for how we might have improved your stay.

Given the very nature of the hotel business, the hours are long and demanding. Day or night, good service depends upon people willing to give their very best at all times. That's why it's truly rewarding when a guest recognizes our staff’s efforts, and takes the time to say thank you.

We accommodate many guests each evening, and we strive to make their night's stay a satisfying one. We have review with the housekeeping staff the importance of reviewing the guest room phone and other fixtures to carefully catch problems before the geusts experience them.

Again, let me thank you for your kind words and suggestions.

Michael

33 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Hershey, PA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2007

Our stay at this hotel was miserable. It was a dreary place with dimly lit hallways. Upon opening the door to our room, we were hit with a terrible, musty odor. The room was damp -- carpet, bed sheets, towels, and eventually our clothing. We turned the air conditioning on full blast, but we didn't have any relief from the smell or the dampness -- the air just blew the nasty smell around more. We attempted to open the window to get some fresh air, but it was screwed shut.

We called the front desk to ask if they could bring some spray or something to help with the smell and they said they would spray the room when we left. When we returned later, the smell was no better, so I don't know if they actually sprayed anything, or if they forgot.

The continental breakfast was ok. Certainly not what you'd find in other establishments (like Hampton Inn). There were two types of cold cereal, muffins/danish/bagels/toast, some fresh apples and bananas, and make-your-own waffles. Pretty basic.
We spent two nights in this dreadful place and will never stay there again!

• Stayed September 2007
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
agios
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2007

I first thought that there is something worng with my reservation but they had a promo on my arrival date gave me 30% discount. My room was very clean and bedding is so comfotable. This is my second stay this year. I still do not believe i paid this rate compared to the service i got. Will be back next year. I certainly recommend it. Keep watching those promos to get the best rate.

• Liked — comfort
  • Disliked — some rooms are a little small
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Wake Forest, NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2007

A lot of good change since last year. The remodeled the Lobby and had new furniture and new bedding in rooms.

The rooms are very clean and comfortable. The staff is very firendly and helpful. Very convenient location.

• Stayed June 2007
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Morganton, North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2006

Let me start out by saying, most people who stayed in the room I did would give this hotel a 'Terrible' rating. Previous reveiws did not lie. The hotel is old and that shows everywhere you look. There are spots of mold and water stains on the ceilings; spots on the carpet; banged up and torn furnishings; broken plugs in sink and tub. None of these are things you want for a hotel room, let alone all of them together. I stayed at the hotel for 3 nights. My reason for choosing the Quality Inn was because of cost. I had read reviews and was prepared for what I found. The one bright point about this hotel is the housekeeping. All the linens and towels were spotless! I was not afraid to sleep in the bed or use the washcloths. I've stayed in some nice hotels where I wouldn't touch the towels! With all the problems I was pleasently surprised by the housekeeping. I also enjoyed the continental breakfast they provide. I would stay here again for one night only if I need to conserve funds. I will NOT stay here for multiple nights again. If you can afford the extra $15, there are hotels elsewhere is Woodbridge that are worth the price.

• Liked — Housekeeping and breakfast.
  • Disliked — Everything else
  • Tips/Secrets — If you do stay here - request first floor.
  • Stayed October 2006, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Essex England
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2006

Having read the reviews about this hotel, we decided to book anyway thinking that it couldn't be that bad. Well it is. We were checked into a room that had a bad odour, every peice of wallpaper was hanging off the wall, there was mould on the wallpaper, the carpet was badly stained and the bath mat was black. To access the pool at the front of the hotel on the main road, you have to walk out of the hotel, across the car part - not too friendly if you have children.
We told reception we wouldn't be staying and they offered us another room. However, there were working in the reception who were installing some new carpeting - not the kind of atmosphere that you want during your vacation.
We checked out and checked into the Bestt Western where for only $4 a night more you get spotlessly clean rooms and reception, a pool with a lifeguard and and upgraded buffet breakfast. I recommend looking elsehwere.

Copenhagen, Denmark
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2006

So, were a family of 3 , to adults and our daugther.from denmark.
We´re on a roadtrip. We have booked all our motels/hotels from the internet.
I don´t know where the got the pictures from but it is not what it look like in real life..
The lobby was dirty, there were mold? on the cieling.
The pool was closed (and dirty)
But we hoped that our room was fine.. it wasn,t. Cigaretteburnmarks in the bathroom( in a nonsmokingroom!!!) foodstains? on the wall and the bedsheets, pillowcovers were dirty on one of the cover it looked like a footprint!!!
we´re not picky but we went down to the manager and told her about it, she said that we had booked a smokingroom- but thats not right I have the confirmation email and it says nonsmoking. then she said that she could give us a discount on the room.
We say no and asked if she could call the sleep inn, on shoppers best way if they had a room.
She did it but I could see that she was not pleased.
We went to the sleep inn, and there was nice freindly manager the room was clean, the bathroom sparkeling clean.
So if youre in doubt where to sleep if you been shopping all day, choose the sleep inn.
Maybe I should say that our overall experince on our roadtrip with the quality inn has been okay, and maybe thats why we´re so surprised, but we´re slept on a econo lodge that was better than this quality inn in woodbridge.

• Stayed July 2006

Been to Quality Inn near Potomac Mills? Share your experiences!