“Better than Expected” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 14 Hotels in Woodbridge
Barceloneta, Puerto Rico
“Better than Expected”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2013

I have never really stayed at a Best Western before. I always thought of it as a "discount" hotel. Another coworker had recommended I give it a shot. To my surprise, it was a very nice hotel for the price, and included breakfast. Rooms are a little dated, but comfortable. Staff is also extremely friendly. Highly recommend giving it a shot.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Charles S, General Manager at Best Western Potomac Mills, responded to this review, December 20, 2013
Dear Timothy N,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience at the Best Western Potomac Mills. We look forward to see you again soon. Muchas Gracias!!

At your service!!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2013

This is a very nice room that my boyfriend and I stayed in at BW of Potomac Mills. I live locally, but he does not but it's still a nice get-a-way for us. The price is great for the room we stayed in. The room was huge and I wasn't expecting that when we first walked in. We didn't need room service and there were no issues with noise on the weekend the we stayed here. The room was clean and neat. The only reason I didn't give it 5 stars is because the frig wasn't working. I don't know if it's that way in all hotels because I have noticed that in other hotels too and I don't understand why you'd have a fridge in the room if it's not working. Overall, we were very comfortable during our stay.

Room Tip: Rooms are clean and neat. The heat works great b/c it was freezing outside when we stayed there!
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Stacy G,
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent experience at the Best Western Potomac Mills. We appreciate your vote of confidence and we do not take it for granted. Home to see you soon on a return visit.

Chesapeake, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2013

I had made a reservation 7 days ago to stay at this hotel for one night and found out I accidently made the reservation at this BEST WESTERN POTOMAC MILLS hotel and was trying to make it at a hotel 2 hours away. I called and spoke to Expedia and they were very helpful. They called the hotel and spoke to the manager CHARLES.. and explained the situation and how I accidently made it for the wrong hotel that was 2 hours away. Charles was not help and told the Expedia representative no refund or canceling the reservation.

Expedia representative told me to call and speak with Charles and explain the situation to see if he would make an exception. I called and had to leave a message for Charles and did not get a return call, so I called him later in the day explain the mistake I made and wanted to see what he could do.
"NOTHING."
He told me he does not make enough money from Expedia and that his contract says no refund. I could not argue with him on that point but ask what about an exception obviously I made a mistake and could not use the room because it would be 2 hours away. I was hoping for a cancelation or even a chance to change my dates to a later time in the year because I would be going that direction in January however NOTHING.

He told me to call Expedia and have them give me the refund but he was not canceling the reservation. I was pretty upset and said some thing that are not nice and ended my call.

I since then called Expedia and explained the situation again to the representative and told them how Rude he was and how customer service was not one of his strong points. The representative called him again to talk with him again. She came back on the line with me and told me he was not going to change his mind and was rude to her and challenging as to why she would call him because there is a contract.

I completely understand my mistake and am fine with taking the penalty however the RUDE, AND NON CARING attitude from Charles who should want to help his customers and not penalize them for a real mistake.

I have stayed at this hotel before and know the hotel staff is nice however the behavior of this manager is something that will keep me away from his hotel because I was told it is privately owned. I never write bad reviews but felt I had to this time. I had to make another reservation at a other hotel and did not stay at this hotel.

Hope your stay will be great and make sure not to make any mistakes when booking.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Charles S, General Manager at Best Western Potomac Mills, responded to this review, December 7, 2013
Dear Sedonariver,
I apologized if you feel a non refundable reservation should not mean non refundable. Part of the special discounted price you receive upon booking a non refundable plane ticket or a hotel room is in part of the restriction that is place on the terms of the reservation.

New York, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

I live in New York, but whenever I travel to Virginia i always stay in the same Best Western. It is conveniently located and well taken care of. The staff is always pleasant and the rooms are always spacious and clean.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Charles S, General Manager at Best Western Potomac Mills, responded to this review, December 4, 2013
Dear Josette S,

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent experience at the Best Western Potomac mills. Your vote of confidence means the world to us and we do not take it for granted. Our dedicated team will be glad to know that their efforts to lead the industry in customer is alive and well.
Harrisburg, Pa, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013

This hotel, located in Woodbridge Va. is one of the best hotels I've ever visited. The staff is always great and courteous. They will go out of their way to please the guest at all times. The rooms are very clean, at least that's what I've always encountered. My stays are always very pleasant and relaxing. The breakfast is delicious. If you're ever in the area, this is the place to stay.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Charles S, General Manager at Best Western Potomac Mills, responded to this review, November 23, 2013
Dear Edward J,
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent experience at the Best Western Potomac Mills. We take your vote of confidence very seriously and our team who gets up everyday with a singular focus of leading the industry in customer care will continue to strive to keep that vote.
brooklyn, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

Best Western one of the best hotel in united states. good service nice staff beautiful guest rooms nice pool Great Hotel good prices big lobby I recommend this to all who want to spend a nice vacation.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Charles S, General Manager at Best Western Potomac Mills, responded to this review, November 5, 2013
Dear Wilbert J,
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent experience at the Best Western Potomac Mills and thank you for entrusting us with your care.
Alexandria, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

I love, love, love this hotel! We've stayed here ELEVEN different times since August 2013 ... practically every weekend. It is in a prime location just off the interstate, there are a gazillion restaurants within walking distance, Potomac Mills Outlet Mall and AMC Theaters are less than 1/2 mile away and the breakfast isn't too shabby.

My THREE complaints ... 1) the amount if time it takes for the water to get hot (only if you stay in the rooms that end in the lower numbers - facing the elevators - ALL THE ROOMS TO THE LEFT), 2) something's not quite right with the plumbing on this same side of the hotel because you have to really hold the handle to flush the commode and 3) if you ever have a problem that the regular staff can't assit with ... you won't get ANY resolution from the General Manager! He is the absolute WORST!

I mistakenly left my charger in the room plugged up next to the sink. I used it all three days we were there as late as the morning we checked out. We checked out at 10am on a Sunday and went to church. I called back at noon to leave my name and number and ask that they have the housekeeper retrieve it and leave it at the front desk for me to pick up later than night. When the called back, Nigel told me that it wasn't found. The next day I called and spoke with the GM, Charles to inquire about it again. Not only did this jerk interrupt me several times, he was argumentative and basically said it must have grown feet and walked out behind me very sarcastically. I didn't appreciate the snide comment one bit!

Being that we still have another few months of the weekend hotel stays in this area planned through April 2014 ... we're definitely considering moving our $300 a weekend across the street to Whytestone Suites instead.

Charles ... because of your poor customer service and less than acceptable attitude towards a customer, you just let a guaranteed $5,400 walk out the front door over a $25 iPhone charger!

Room Tip: Facing the elevators - all the room on the right!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Charles S, General Manager at Best Western Potomac Mills, responded to this review, November 2, 2013
Dear Moodyred,
Thank you for your dissertation. I regret that my approach was not the right approach. The Best Western Potomac Mills team is committed to industry leading customer care.
At your service!

Been to Best Western Potomac Mills? Share your experiences!