“Good Stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 16 Hotels in Woodbridge
Waynesboro, Pennsylvania
“Good Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

We always stay at this hotel when we come for the Kenneth Copeland meetings at the Hylton Memorial Chapel every November. The rooms are well taken care of and clean. We sense a generous spirit there and we enjoy the availability of hot drinks when we return each day. We enjoy the walking distance to good restaurants nearby. There is even candy for the taking at the check out. The breakfast each morning has a good variety, it's good and there is plenty of space to eat.

Room Tip: If you want a frig and microwave, they are available upon request
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
BWSpringfield, General Manager at Best Western Potomac Mills, responded to this review, November 17, 2012
Dear Faye8
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Best Western Potomac Mills. The Best Western Potomac Mills team strives daily in our efforts to lead the industry in customer care. I am thrilled to know we are making positive stride toward that goal. I am happy to inform you that we are upgrading to better serve you as in bathrooms renovation, more flat panel TV’s, more microfridges and a full elevator modernization. I will be sure to share your comments with the team.
At your service!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Woodbridge,Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

The day of the hurricane on 10/20/2012 I had my lights off in my home for one day. I went to the hotel the next day with the intention of staying there. But as it turned out my electricity was restored an hour after I checked in. The room was not used. I was in it for a short while. I suggested to her that she might want to charge less then the one day's price since it was only one o'clock and she had the chance to rent the room again. As I was trying to convince her, she became very belligerent with me. With a very unfriendly manner told me she was the owner and the manager if I did not pay it, she would call the police. I suggested to her that I would pay in full but she continued to be very disagreeable and threatened to call the police. I would never go to this hotel again for the most important reason that she has no public relations sense and she is rude and not at all customer friendly. Beware of this person. You can very easily get into trouble with her. Besides the hotel is not what I expected it to be. It heavly deodoraized smells disturbed me as I entered the room. Very noisy heating/cooling unit was not effective to get rid of the smell. I suggest anyone considering to stay at that hotel to think twice. The covers on the beds did not seem clean. S. Stephens

Room Tip: Go to another hotel, any hotel but not this one.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
BWSpringfield, General Manager at Best Western Potomac Mills, responded to this review, October 31, 2012
Dear Sabina S
Thank you for your comments. Our mission statement is to ensure the best value to each guest while consistently delivering genuine customer service in an environment that is consistently friendly and caring. We serve hundreds of customers daily with a focus on that mission. I regret in this instance we did not achieve that.
Virginia Beach, Virginia, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

We stayed one night 10/6/12, room was very clean, service was great, very quite and peaceful stay, we stayed on the executive floor. Love the buffet breakfast. Whenever we are in that part of the state, we will stay again. My granddaughter was really impressed the the towel animal, she thought we were in a Carnival Cruise room.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
BWSpringfield, General Manager at Best Western Potomac Mills, responded to this review, October 14, 2012
Dear Debbie T
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Best Western Potomac Mills. The Best Western Potomac Mills team strives daily in our efforts to lead the industry in customer. I am thrilled to know we are making positive stride toward that goal. I am happy to inform you that we are upgrading to better serve you as in bathrooms renovation, more flat panel TV’s, more microfridges and a full elevator modernization. I will be sure to share your comments with the team.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012 via mobile

When we got a room the front desk kept calling cleaning to make sure the room had been cleaned. Strange, I've never seen that happen.

Got to the room and it has a fumigation smell. Within hours we found bed bugs. We were with a group and all if their rooms were the same, we all checked out immediately.

I ask the front desk if they knew when they checked us in. "Of course not", was their reply. But no surprise on their part and they did not seemed shocked or at all apologetic. They did not apologize.

• Stayed October 2012
BWSpringfield, General Manager at Best Western Potomac Mills, responded to this review, October 8, 2012
Dear Happycamper9237,
Thank you for your feedback. There is nothing usual if the hotel is coming from a sold out night and we are in the process of turning the over you arrive early and order to get you in a room to call housekeeping for a room status.

We have one the most stringent pest management control and preventive measure in the industry. Matters such as this are very important to us. We have turned the matter to our pest management company for immediate resolution.

At your service!!
New York City, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

My wife and I booked one night at this Best Western due to a quick change of plans. I get the concept of value priced hotels and as a very experienced worldwide business traveller my expectations are I feel realistic.

This hotel is well beyond worn out, it is beat up and way overdue for a top to bottom renovation.
The walls are paper thin and every street noise can be heard as if the windows are open. The in wall HVAC unit literally sounded like crickets filled the cabinet (we switched from one room to another because of the sound but the second room unit had the same problem).

The bottom line is that this hotel should ONLY be booked when there is nothing else available and under NO circumstances consider this location for a vacation stay.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
BWSpringfield, General Manager at Best Western Potomac Mills, responded to this review, September 27, 2012
Dear Charles B
Thank you for your comments. Our mission statement is to ensure the best value to each guest while consistently delivering genuine customer service in an environment that is consistently friendly and caring. We serve hundreds of customers daily with focus on that mission. I regret in this instance we did not achieve that.
Winston Salem, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

We stayed here one night on 9/8/12 while in town for a family event. Many extended family members stayed and there were no complaints. The price was very cheap (75.00 for the group rate), and it came with a breakfast, that we did not take advantage of. The room was clean and comfortable. The shower was great. The HVAC worked well. Check-in was quick. What more do you really need for an overnight? Excellent value for a simple good nights sleep.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
BWSpringfield, General Manager at Best Western Potomac Mills, responded to this review, September 12, 2012
Dear KinmandMitch,
Virginia Beach
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

We were in town for a soccer tournament and found this hotel to be a great deal. Although getting to the hotel was a little tricky (it is located within a strip mall), it has easy access to I-95 and is located right beside good restaurants that are within walking distance. Additionally, Potomac Mills Mall and IKEA are a short 3-5 minute walk away. Check in/check out was quick and easy. Staff was pleasant and accomodating. Our room was comfortable and had the softest beds we have found in a hotel. Although our TV was not a flat screen, it had plenty of channels to keep us occupied. We enjoyed the spacious outdoor pool and loved the "all you can eat" breakfast buffet. The breakfast was the most expansive we have seen at a hotel (waffles, pancakes, eggs, bacon, potatoes, muffins, danishes, cereal, fresh fruit, juices, toast, bagels, rolls, etc). The hotel was quiet and we had an enjoyable stay. Definitely the best value for hotels in the Potomac Mills/Woodbridge area. We will definitely be returning for any future soccer tournaments.

Room Tip: We stayed on the 6th floor with a view overlooking the front of the hotel. Although the view isn...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
BWSpringfield, General Manager at Best Western Potomac Mills, responded to this review, September 8, 2012
Dear westc37
At your service!

Been to Best Western Potomac Mills? Share your experiences!