“Handy location for Potomac Mills” 4 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20%
Ranked #5 of 14 Hotels in Woodbridge
Raleigh
“Handy location for Potomac Mills”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

This is about as close as you can stay to the Potomac Mills mall and IKEA, but still not in convenient walking distance. Entry/exit to and from the parking lot is a little tricky. Checkin was smooth and the staff was pleasant and helpful. Best beds we had in weeklong trip; nice linens and just the right firmness. The full breakfast buffet is generous, although not necessarily the highest quality food, esp. the sausage. But, they do have cereal, yogurt, waffles, milk, juice, eggs, bagels, etc. so one cannot complain too much. WiFi was too slow to be useful. We've stayed here before and would again.

Room Tip: You might want to ask for a room away from the street; there's a fire station nearby and the str...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
BWSpringfield, General Manager at Best Western Potomac Mills, responded to this review, September 3, 2012
Dear TarheelTraveller,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Best Western Potomac Mills. The Best Western Potomac Mills team strives daily in our efforts to lead the industry in customer. I am thrilled to know we are making positive stride toward that goal. I will be sure to share your comments with the team.
At your service!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Virginia Beach, Virginia, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

Spent one night, price was right. There were two armed security guards in the lobby at night when I checked in. Makes you wonder why they needed to be there. The room was clean and comfortable. The next morning we were going to get the free breakfast at the hotel and found it to be very crowded and noisy. We decided to leave and go somewhere else.

Room Tip: End of hall rooms are larger and have additional windows.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
BWSpringfield, General Manager at Best Western Potomac Mills, responded to this review, August 30, 2012
Dear Frank L
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Best Western Potomac Mills. The Best Western Potomac Mills team strive daily in our efforts to lead the industry in customer. I am thrilled to know we are making positive stride toward that goal. I will be sure to share your comments with the team.
Isen, Deutschland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

Stayed in this hotel 4 days to visit Washington, go shopping in Potomac Mills Mall, and meet with friends. We were 3 and had a room with 2 Queensize beds which were really wide enough to accomodate 2 persons each. Room included a refridgerator and a microwave oven. Breakfast was included in our room rate - and we enjoyed it. My wife was very happy with the coffee quality and the choices provided by the coffee machine. Best of all the hotels we visited during our roundtrip in the northeast of USA.
The room rate was very reasonable for a hotel of that quality - and when we prolonged the 4th night, which fell on a saturday, the rate was actually even better than what we got by pre-booking with a 3-nights special price over the internet.
Only weak point that we found for this hotel was the escalators. In the seventh floor you had to wait sometimes quite a while - and the staircases where really only meant to be used in case of fire: they led you directly to emergency exits to the parking lot, but not to any place inside the hotel. Once out there, you had to go all the way down.

Recommendations:
For trips to Washington, drive to Franconia/Springfield commuter parking lot and take the metrorail from there. Much more effective than driving by car into Washington. At 14 $ you can get an all day unlimited ride ticket per person, which is fine, if you want to hop on and off multiple times. Parking fee itself was a few dollars only and can be paid by credit card on some exits of the parking garage at least.

For dining, there is a very nice restaurant just opposite the hotel in the neighbouring shopping area. Just walk across the parking lot and enter the other parking lot area. Sakura Japanese Steak House entertains you with a live cooking show celebrated at your table. It may be a bit more expensive than other locations (estimate approx. 25 - 30 $ per person), but the show is worth the money. And most probably you won't eat everything anyway - it is just so much in highest quality. So you get everything packed nicely to warm the next day - and for a two day dinner, the price is actually more a bargain for what you get. And the evening there is really something special. I'm not sure how long you have to book a table in advance, because our friends did the reservation.

Dear Helmut R
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Best Western Potomac Mills. The Best Western Potomac Mills strive daily in our efforts to lead the industry in customer. I am thrilled to know we are making positive stride toward that goal. I will be sure to share your comments with the team.
At your service
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012 via mobile

We where received by a friendly staff . The building looked ok but we noticed all bins overflow with trash. The room seams clean but we woke up with bug bites . The breakfast buffet was packed with people . There was not food enough for every one. The setting was desorganized and understaff . The elevator didnt stop evenly with the floors. It was a scary and unpleasant stayed .

• Stayed August 2012
Dear angrybirdonvacation,

Thank you for your comments. We have one the most progressive pest management in the industry. Rest assured our pest management company will look into your comments. Our mission statement is to ensure the best value to each guest while consistently delivering genuine customer service in an environment that is consistently friendly and caring. We serve hundreds of customers daily with focus on that mission. I regret in this instance we did not achieve that.
Newburgh, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

Visited the area with extended family for my son's graduation at Quantico Officer Candidate School. This was a "blind": reservation since I had never been to this area in Va., Staff was helpful, rooms were clean, comfortable, and smoke free. Breakfast was served daily with choices of hot/cold cereals, eggs, bacon, waffles, bagels, danish, various choices of coffees and juices available 24 hours a day. Area was convenient for access to Marine Base/I95 as well as restaurants, and malls, some within walking distance. We will have a need to be back within the next year and will certainly stay here again.

Dear PatriciaGS596
At your service
Hampton, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

My girl friend and I check-in around 5:30 pm on August 10th. We leave the room about an hour later to attend some family reunion functions hosted in Dumfries, VA. The festivities were held in a lounge and later that night we went to a nightclub where it was really smokey. So we leave the club with a couple of our family members and go back to our room. Security comes to the room saying that a guest has complained that we are too loud. So we immediately ask our relatives to leave the room while security is still present. An hour later while my boyfriend is passed out sleep someone attempts to enter the room. It was a good thing we had the security latch on or the staff would have gotten an eye full. The staff comes back to the room a couple more times, but I was afraid to open the door because my boyfriend wouldn’t wake up and I didn’t know if the security guard was up to something. The next morning a manager comes to the door and my boyfriend asks him to come back in about an hour to give us time to get dressed. We wait until 11:00 am and no one shows up so we leave again for our family reunion functions. When we return to the hotel late in the afternoon to find that we are locked out of our room. When we speak to management he says that if we pay a $400 smoking fee then we can return to our room. We refused to pay the fee since neither myself nor my boyfriend smoke and no one has smoked in our room since we had been there. The manager advised us that someone reported smoke in the hallway by our room. We told the manager that security did come to our room because of a complaint concerning the noise level. We asked our guests to leave while security was present and he never said anything about smoke. We asked the manager to come up to the room with us to confirm these accusations of a smoke smell. He went on to tell us that even if our clothes smelled smokey that night after the club they still have the right to charge us $400. Needless to say we refused pay the $400, but the manager would not refund the next day’s payment (80 some dollars) and they charged our card another $75. When I asked what right they have to just go a charge my card $75 they stated that they have to get what they can get towards the $400. So now my boyfriend and I are out of over $160 for no reason at all. We have no money for gas to get home to Hampton, VA and no where to stay for the night.

Dear RayZ45
Thank you for your comments. Our mission statement is to ensure the best value to each guest while consistently delivering genuine customer service in an environment that is consistently friendly and caring. We serve hundreds of customers daily with focus on that mission. I regret in this instance we did not achieve that.

At your service!!
Hampton, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

On August 11th a member of the Best Western staff attempted to enter my room repeatedly with a master key after 3:00 am. When I asked management the next day what that was all about they advised me that it is not their policy, however, they can attempt an eviction at any time of day.

Long story short. My bf and I check-in around 5:30 pm on 8/10 we leave the room about an hour later to attend some family reunion functions. Later that night we go to a club where it was really smokey. So we leave the club with a couple of our family members and go back to our room. Security comes to the room saying that a guest complain that we are too loud. So we immediately ask our relatives to leave the room. An hour later while my bf is passed out sleep someone attempts to enter the room. It was a good thing we had the security latch on or the staff would have gotten an eye full. The we leave again for FR functions and return to the hotel late in the afternoon to find that we are locked out of our room. When we speak to management he says that if we pay a $400 smoking fee then we can return to our room. We refused to pay the fee since neither myself or my bf smoke and no one smoked in our room. We asked the manager to come up to the room with us to confirm these accusations of a smoke smell. He went on to tell us that even if our clothes smelled smokey that night after the club they still have the right to charge us $400. Needless to say we did not pay the $400. But they would not refund the next days payment and they charged our card $75.

For the money the room could have been better but after that experience i will never stay at a Best Western ever again in life. I travel twice a month for work and i will be sure to add BW to my list of hotels that are a complete NO GO. This review will be followed up by an email to their HQ.

Room Tip: Do not stay here. The location is close to the mall but nothing else.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear FregFlyerQue

At your service!!

Been to Best Western Potomac Mills? Share your experiences!