“Another good experience” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 14 Hotels in Woodbridge
Roanoke, Virginia
“Another good experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed here at Best Western Potomac Mills almost a year ago exactly for a friend's baby shower. Well, a year later, that baby is now a year old, so my boyfriend and I were back in town for the birthday party and decided to stay at the Best Western again. We had another good experience. We showed up around midnight imploring about a room and they did have one available for us: the king executive suite. Upon entering the suite, a light came on automatically right there at the door (there's a sensor next to the door) so there were no worries about stumbling around in the dark trying to find a light switch. I thought that was nice. The suite itself was very clean with nice comfortable furnishings and not one but two huge TVs, one in the living room half of the suite and one in the separate bedroom. There was a nice little wet bar area in the living room with a coffee maker and all the fixins for coffee or tea, including two coffee mugs, and the mini fridge was tucked away in the cabinet underneath.

A cute little towel swan (or duck or goose, I don't know) adorned the bed and the bed itself was nice and comfy, even though the mattress was a little firm for my taste but then again I like a ridiculously soft mattress that you don't find too often in a hotel. My boyfriend and I slept very well. We had plenty of pillows, and even an extra one in the closet. We were on the 9th floor, at the end of the hall next to the fire exit, and it was very quiet, almost like we were in the hotel alone (though gauging from the amount of cars in the parking lot, the hotel was near full capacity). From the 9th floor, we had a nice view of Potomac Mills and the mountains in the far distance. In the bedroom was a printer and an Ipod dock on the desk, which I thought was a nice touch.

There were two cushy bathrobes (surprise!) in the mirrored closet in the living room, but probably the only complaint that I have is that one of the robes was missing the tie. My boyfriend was kind of disappointed about that because while I was all cozy with my robe wrapped around me, he had to keep holding his closed.

We were there for two nights and on the morning of checkout, there was a letter that had been put under our door telling us we could do an express checkout, leave the room key in the room and have a nice day. Our copy of the bill was in the envelope. I didn't remember that from last time but I think that's a nice touch for people who may be in a hurry to leave on checkout day.

Overall, it was another very nice stay. And I'm sure we will stay at Best Western Potomac Mills again at the baby's next birthday party. :-)

Room Tip: The executive suite is a nice way to pamper yourself: two big TVs and cozy bathrobes included!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
BWSpringfield, General Manager at Best Western Potomac Mills, responded to this review, July 18, 2012
Dear Averettgirl,
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent experience at the Best Western Potomac Mills. We are committed to lead the industry and customer care and I am thrilled in this instance we were able to deliver on that promise. We appreciate your patronage.
At your service!!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Washington, D.C.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012

During the recent power outage that impacted the Washington DC area, our family needed hotel accommodations because my mother requires oxygen. On Saturday morning, we previously booked a hotel (on hotels.com) in Springfield, and upon our arrival, learned that the hotel was closed because of the power outage. It was now mid-afternoon, and hotel rooms were going fast.

We were fortunate to secure a reservation at the Best Western Potomac Mills, but when we arrived, the hotel did not have our reservation, and were told that the hotel was sold out. While we were certain that we made the reservation directly with Best Western, the hotel manager, Charles Saint Germain, respectfully informed us that the confirmation number that we had was not from Best Western. After several phone calls, we confirmed that our reservation had been made with hotels.com, not Best Western.

At this point, both my mom and wife were both frustrated and anxious about where we would be staying, and as we considered our next move, we requested that the use of a power outlet so that we could fill an oxygen tank for my mom. Charles was gracious with our request, and as we remained in the lobby area, I observed Charles' professionalism in the face of overwhelming demand for rooms at the hotel.

Over the course of the next hour, Charles was able to secure two rooms for my family as a result of cancellations, and our family is profoundly grateful to Charles for coming to our rescue at our time of urgent need (He even politely refused to accept a monetary expression of our appreciation). Charles is the reason why I give this hotel 5 stars.

As for the hotel itself, it exceeded my expectations. The rooms were clean and spacious and our family greatly enjoyed the breakfast buffet on Sunday. We will long remember our stay at the Best Western Potomac Mills (it is also conveniently located off of I-95), and again a big thank you to Charles for his assistance with our family needs

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
, General Manager at Best Western Potomac Mills, responded to this review, July 6, 2012
Dear DCvacationman,

I am truly humbled by your kind words.
We are committed to lead the industry in customer care. I am thrilled in this instance we were able to deliver on that promise. My kind regards to your entire family and we thank you for your business.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel a few times in the past, but thanks to the staff working on the night of June 23rd I will never again. I had 2 nights set up through Travelocity. Upon arriving the staff was not able to process the transaction even though money had already been taken out of my account. They then proceeded to charge my card again. The staff had me waiting for an hour while they continued to be hostile towards other guests and of no help to me. They mainly seemed concerned with just getting out of work. The hotel is nothing great and clean, but was able to deal with it....not any more. Go to the Holiday Inn that was just built. It was only a few dollars more, but a thousand times cleaner and comfortable. At any rate its over 2 weeks and still waiting for a call from management to refund my money. Guess that is what you get when you stay in Hoodbridge.

Room Tip: Go to another Hotel
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
, General Manager at Best Western Potomac Mills, responded to this review, July 2, 2012
Dear Subphilly flyer,
Thank you for your comments and let us consider the facts from your perspective.
First I profusely apologized for my staff and I for being part of the human race that is imperfect. When you make a reservation by way of a on line travel agency there are a lot of factors that can contribute in the hotel not having your reservation. If you were double charged I assure you we will reverse the double charges.
You indicated you have stayed with us on multiple occasions, surely you must know this not the norm. If you wish to contact me directly, I will personally see to it that your double charge is corrected

Cork, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2012

We were in the woodbridge for a family wedding and stayed in this hotel which we found conveniently located to shopping malls and restaurants etc. There is even a swimming pool and late night noise in the floor above us was quickly and effeciently dealt with. We had a lovely big room, with really comfortable beds, good size bathroom and pleanty of fresh towels. The self service breakfast was great with good selection and the free tea, coffee and juice 24/7 in the breakfast area was brilliant. Room rate was excellent and we regretted not staing here for our full time in Washington area particularly as the hotel in Central Washington was twice the price with poorer facilities. Staff member Josh was particularly helpful.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the front of the hotel and on the third floor or above.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
, General Manager at Best Western Potomac Mills, responded to this review, July 1, 2012
Dear Nmoore751,
Thank you for commenting on your recent experience at the Best Western Potomac Mills. We are striving to lead the industry in customer care with unsurpassed value.
Thank you for your business and for entrusting us with your care.

SCRANTON
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2012 via mobile

Excellent service, very clean rooms. I would highly recommend staying here

• Stayed June 2012
, General Manager at Best Western Potomac Mills, responded to this review, June 29, 2012
Dear Troutman35,
Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to comment on your recent experience at the Best Western Potomac Mills.
It is most gratifying to know our efforts to lead the industry in customer care with great value is recognized.
Thank you for entrusting us with your care!
At your service!
Cleveland, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

So, if you have read any of my reviews you would know that I am a stickler for checking for bugs and I want a smoking room.

Well the Best Western of Potomac Mills was completely bug free, but a total non-smoking hotel. The room was clean (although some attention could be paid to the broken floor tiles in the bathroom) But, the beds were so comfortable and the staff was accommodating. We had a room on the 7th floor and I brought my electronic cigarette with me...so I was happy.
A really cool large flat screen television and plenty of outlets for charging cell phones.

The small refrigerator was so cold, it froze my cans of diet coke! But, the towels! OOOH, they were so soft and just lovely.

So close to the Potomac Mills Mall and IKEA...great for shoppers!

Room Tip: Our room was located right near the ice machine...ask for a room farther away...very noisy at times.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
, General Manager at Best Western Potomac Mills, responded to this review, June 27, 2012
Dear sm0kin,
Glad you enjoyed our comfortable beds and all the other amenities the hotel has to offer. Bathroom renovation is in our future.
At your service!
Cleveland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2012

Besides the rudeness of the staff at the front desk, the only sink in the small room we had was busted the entire 2 days and no attemps were made to fix it, could not get even tissues in the dispenser in the room. Room was dirty, carpet so dirty that I had to throw away a pair of socks. Small outdated rooms, very noisy place, rude employees, no clue on how to run a hotel. Never stay there again.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
BWSpringfield, General Manager at Best Western Potomac Mills, responded to this review, June 13, 2012
Dear Linda B,
Thank you for your comments, however I do not think your assessments of our hotel is a fair and honest reflection of who we are.
Besides taking care of immediate issues, we cycle shampoo all guests’ rooms quarterly. We work very hard to ensure everything in your room is in working order, however, on rare occasions when something fail we have a tech on the schedule to respond to these mechanical breakdown. Be that as it may, I regret that the hotel offerings did not aligned with your expectations.

At your service!!

Been to Best Western Potomac Mills? Share your experiences!