“Great Value great hotel!!” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20%
Ranked #5 of 14 Hotels in Woodbridge
“Great Value great hotel!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2012

We looked at all the hotels in the area and the prices were crazy. If they weren't too high they had bad reviews. This Best Western was a treasure. The receptionist was friendly efficient and helpful. We walked into a clean room with A JAR of Andes Candies on the table and a little Swan made from a towel. It is these extra touches that made an impression on us. A welcome letter personalized was on our table as well!!! The Breakfast bar was clean and typical warmed up eggs, sausages and homemade waffles. Great variety friendly staff. The waffle machine wasn't working. Do not believe the attendant knew how to work it. Thank you Best Western for a great experience!!!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
BWSpringfield, General Manager at Best Western Potomac Mills, responded to this review, June 4, 2012
Dear Idreamov,
Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to comment on your recent experience at the Best Western Potomac Mills. I am thrilled to know our commitment to lead the industry in customer care with unsurpassed value is recognized. Our waffle and pancake stations are self service. I will look further into the situation. We hope to see you in the feasible future.
At your service!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2012 via mobile

Friendly staff, room was clean and comfortable, tile in bathroom was a little dated but old doesn't mean dirty, new flat screen TV, breakfast selection is Great considering the cost of the room, definitely would stay here again. Was woken up at 5am by the fire alarm due to staff burning something in the kitchen, but staff was very apologetic and accommodating.

• Stayed May 2012
BWSpringfield, General Manager at Best Western Potomac Mills, responded to this review, May 27, 2012
Dear Baroofy,
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent experience at the Best Western Potomac Mills. We believe we provide the greatest bang for your buck in the area bar none, and I am thrilled you recognized our efforts.
I am sorry about the fire alarm, yet I am glad the system responded as designed. We look forward to servicing you in the feasible future.

Plant City, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2012

We flew to Virginia for our son's graduation from Quantico. When we arrived at the hotels, there were no cars in the parking lot...worried us a little. When we saw the buses rolling in and all the kids getting out, it explained why there were no cars in the parking lot and worried us more, BUT the hotel planned everything perfectly. They went to breakfast in shifts where there were still tables for the other guests, always plenty of food, no running or playing or loud noises from the groups. Rooms were large and roomy, and clean. Staff was extemely friendly and helpful. Never before have I stayed in a hotel where I could say everything was PERFECT.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
BWSpringfield, General Manager at Best Western Potomac Mills, responded to this review, May 19, 2012
Dear Debbie D,
Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to comment on your recent experience at the Best Western Potomac Mills. I am thrilled that you recognized the great efforts put forth by the team. We look forward to seeing you in the near future and thank you again for entrusting us with your care.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2012 via mobile

I loved our stay here. We stayed in a suite and from the moment we walked through the room it smelled Sooooo clean. The furniture and other appliances are a little outdated but everything was immaculately clean so no complaints. The staff was courteous and very helpful. I definitely recommend staying here.

• Stayed May 2012
Dear 2Morenita,
Thank you for recognizing our efforts to lead the industry in cleanliness and customer care.
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2012

This hotel has improved a lot in the last years. It is a great place to stay. Close to everything. Worth to go there just for the free breakfast. Rooms and beds are very good. Price wise. it has to be the best deal around. I'll will be there again for sure.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
BWSpringfield, General Manager at Best Western Potomac Mills, responded to this review, May 9, 2012
Dear Andre F,
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent experience at the BEST WESTERN Potomac Mills. It is very gratifying to see that our efforts from our renovated lobby, flat panel TV’s, enhanced full breakfast buffet and more are recognized.
Thank you for entrusting us with your care.
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2012

The price was great , I didn't want to pay over 200 bucks for a hotel in the city , this was 80 bucks . If you don't mind a 20 min. drive this is perfect for you . You just have to be careful and not drive during the rush hours , you can get stuck in traffic for more that an hour ... The hotel is very clean , it smells very nice and has a great free breakfast . The only problem that I found is that is a little old and the tiles in the bathroom don't look good ( very old and chipped ) but for the price that I got I can get over that . I'll use this hotel again next year !!!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
BWSpringfield, General Manager at Best Western Potomac Mills, responded to this review, April 10, 2012
Dear Liliana D,
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay at the BEST WESTERN Potomac Mills. Sorry about the traffic and thank you for entrusting us with your care. We await your return the next time you are in the Woodbridge area.

Cleveland, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2012

The hotel itself is decent. Our room was clean, with two relatively comfortable beds and a nice flat screen TV. The bathroom was tiny! Because I wasn't too close with my roommate, it made getting dressed in the tiny bathroom. The vanity is outside of the bathroom. Just a personal pet peeve, but both were very adequate.

Our stay was 3/30 - 4/3 (four nights). Unfortunately, this hotel seems plagued with a few more 'technical' glitches that really frustrated our stay. Upon check-in, we were told that our room (which we had reserved and already paid for with a credit card) had been upgraded. "Great!" I thought...however, by 'upgraded' the clerk meant 'one bed instead of two.' Not acceptable. Then, he offered to provide a rollaway bed, and assured me it would be comped. Damn right it would be comped - Don't offer it to me like its a benefit. I'm a big guy, and I'm not sleeping on a cot. I demanded a room, but the clerk stated that someone else had given our room away. We were staying for four nights, so I suggested that he give us two single rooms for tonight (it was already close to 2am), and then deal with it in the morning. Nope, he can't do that. He then started typing and writing a long handwritten note. After seriously about 20 minutes of silence, when a line had started to form (2am, mind you...), he finally prints out a receipt and hands us our room keys. We get upstairs, and sure enough...2 beds. Exactly what we ordered to begin with. I'm not sure what happened, or why I had to spent 30 minutes standing at the counter, to get what I had paid for. The clerk offered no explanation.

The elevators in this hotel are also just overburdened when the hotel is full. There are only two, so waits to go up or down from the 9th floor often exceeded 5-10 minutes.Along with that hassle, we had three other times when both of our key cards stopped working. It is frustrating to get all the way up to 9th floor, only to have to go back downstairs to activate our cards. I could understand if one card went bad, once during our trip...but this was like a systemic issue regarding how our key cards were programmed.

Like I said, this was a perfectly fine hotel for the value - but these technical glitches really left a salty taste in my mouth.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
BWSpringfield, General Manager at Best Western Potomac Mills, responded to this review, April 8, 2012
Dear Schumley,
Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at the BEST WESTERN Potomac Mills. I have taken the time to do a complete assessment of your comments. Where we can improve, steps have been taken to do so.
In terms of the elevators, they are working as designed. Unfortunately we will be unable to add a couple more to the building.
At your service!!

Been to Best Western Potomac Mills? Share your experiences!