“Great Place” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 14 Hotels in Woodbridge
Montreal, Canada
“Great Place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2012

This hotel has improved a lot in the last years. It is a great place to stay. Close to everything. Worth to go there just for the free breakfast. Rooms and beds are very good. Price wise. it has to be the best deal around. I'll will be there again for sure.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
BWSpringfield, General Manager at Best Western Potomac Mills, responded to this review, May 9, 2012
Dear Andre F,
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent experience at the BEST WESTERN Potomac Mills. It is very gratifying to see that our efforts from our renovated lobby, flat panel TV’s, enhanced full breakfast buffet and more are recognized.
Thank you for entrusting us with your care.
At your service!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2012

The price was great , I didn't want to pay over 200 bucks for a hotel in the city , this was 80 bucks . If you don't mind a 20 min. drive this is perfect for you . You just have to be careful and not drive during the rush hours , you can get stuck in traffic for more that an hour ... The hotel is very clean , it smells very nice and has a great free breakfast . The only problem that I found is that is a little old and the tiles in the bathroom don't look good ( very old and chipped ) but for the price that I got I can get over that . I'll use this hotel again next year !!!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
BWSpringfield, General Manager at Best Western Potomac Mills, responded to this review, April 10, 2012
Dear Liliana D,
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay at the BEST WESTERN Potomac Mills. Sorry about the traffic and thank you for entrusting us with your care. We await your return the next time you are in the Woodbridge area.

Cleveland, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2012

The hotel itself is decent. Our room was clean, with two relatively comfortable beds and a nice flat screen TV. The bathroom was tiny! Because I wasn't too close with my roommate, it made getting dressed in the tiny bathroom. The vanity is outside of the bathroom. Just a personal pet peeve, but both were very adequate.

Our stay was 3/30 - 4/3 (four nights). Unfortunately, this hotel seems plagued with a few more 'technical' glitches that really frustrated our stay. Upon check-in, we were told that our room (which we had reserved and already paid for with a credit card) had been upgraded. "Great!" I thought...however, by 'upgraded' the clerk meant 'one bed instead of two.' Not acceptable. Then, he offered to provide a rollaway bed, and assured me it would be comped. Damn right it would be comped - Don't offer it to me like its a benefit. I'm a big guy, and I'm not sleeping on a cot. I demanded a room, but the clerk stated that someone else had given our room away. We were staying for four nights, so I suggested that he give us two single rooms for tonight (it was already close to 2am), and then deal with it in the morning. Nope, he can't do that. He then started typing and writing a long handwritten note. After seriously about 20 minutes of silence, when a line had started to form (2am, mind you...), he finally prints out a receipt and hands us our room keys. We get upstairs, and sure enough...2 beds. Exactly what we ordered to begin with. I'm not sure what happened, or why I had to spent 30 minutes standing at the counter, to get what I had paid for. The clerk offered no explanation.

The elevators in this hotel are also just overburdened when the hotel is full. There are only two, so waits to go up or down from the 9th floor often exceeded 5-10 minutes.Along with that hassle, we had three other times when both of our key cards stopped working. It is frustrating to get all the way up to 9th floor, only to have to go back downstairs to activate our cards. I could understand if one card went bad, once during our trip...but this was like a systemic issue regarding how our key cards were programmed.

Like I said, this was a perfectly fine hotel for the value - but these technical glitches really left a salty taste in my mouth.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
BWSpringfield, General Manager at Best Western Potomac Mills, responded to this review, April 8, 2012
Dear Schumley,
Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at the BEST WESTERN Potomac Mills. I have taken the time to do a complete assessment of your comments. Where we can improve, steps have been taken to do so.
In terms of the elevators, they are working as designed. Unfortunately we will be unable to add a couple more to the building.
At your service!!
Desoto
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2012

This property warrants their three star rating. However the housekeeping staff is so BOLD that they laughed at us when we checked in and noticed that the only two elevators were bing used by the housekeeping staff.
When my wife inquired as to why the customers had no access to an elevator as we were on the 8th floor she and another male staff member laughed in our faces.
When the GM was advised he said he would investigate and that ended it.
While the rooms are nic the hotel is clean and in a good location I will not stay where customers are thought of in such low regard.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
BWSpringfield, General Manager at Best Western Potomac Mills, responded to this review, March 30, 2012
Dear PPPPdesoto,
I regret very much that a couple of our staff did not display the correct and proper customer service skills. But I beg you not to judge the entire team of 30 people strong who get up every day everyday with a singular purpose of trying to lead the industry in customer care.

I again apologize for the incident and I assure you retraining will take place with the targeted individuals.

Leonardtown, Maryland, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2012

Clean, Great Breakfast, nice beds, A/C worked nice, We will for sure go back again.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
BWSpringfield, General Manager at Best Western Potomac Mills, responded to this review, March 21, 2012
Dear Scott S,
Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to comment on your recent experience at the BEST WESTERN Potomac Mills.
Ownership is committing a great deal of resources to refurbish and upgrade the property. Surely you noticed our renovated lobby, new beds and flat panel TV’s. It is most gratifying to know that our hard work and efforts are recognized by you.
We appreciate your business and we thank you for the vote of confidence.
Covington, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2012

Breakfast was massive and delicious, the rooms were clean and tidy when I came back, and the bathrooms were clean. 5/5

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
BWSpringfield, General Manager at Best Western Potomac Mills, responded to this review, February 29, 2012
Dear Casey M.
The staff works very hard to deliver on the promises of leading the industry in customer care. I am glad you find that culture alive and well. We appreciate your inputs and we await your return with anticipation.
At your service!!
Spokane, Washington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2012

We were at this hotel for 2 nights. The second night we found out there were bed bugs. They tried to put us in another room and there were bed bugs there too..The comped us for only one night.. Management is very rude.. Stay away from this hotel!!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
BWSpringfield, General Manager at Best Western Potomac Mills, responded to this review, February 5, 2012
Dear rockiestwins,
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent experience. We have one of the most aggressive pest control management program in the business and we will have them look into the situation. I believe the hotel did as much as possible to accommodate you. I regret that you feel management approach, was not the right approach.

At your service!

Been to Best Western Potomac Mills? Share your experiences!