“Tough Turf” 2 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Woodbridge, Virginia
“Tough Turf”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

I have had wonderful experiences with Dak's Grill in the past...and this past weekend (Sat 10/5) I took my friend for his birthday and his Delmonico Steak $24.99 was perfect and my house steak aka Dak's Marinated Sirloin $13.99 was so tough..I was surprised...Ive never had a bad steak here before..it was perfectly pink in the center but you just couldnt chew it. The manager said that others like it like that and its the sugar marinate that makes it chewy...really. The waitress informed me that she would remove it from the bill..and when the bill came they had taken $5 off my bill for the steak since I ate the bread, salad and sides. The salad which consisted of lettuce and croutons was $4 according to the manager which left the baked potato and green beans (perfectly cooked) for $4.99. I paid the bill and left a tip...but my additional tip to the manager is that I wouldnt be back..I would have gladly paid more for a decent steak...and to me it all boiled down to the principle of the matter.

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Northern Virginia
“Food good but service needs improvement”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

My friend had a groupon voucher so we dined here one evening out on the patio. The food was good but we were disappointed in the service. The waiter was extremely nice so we didn't want to be rude but honestly, you don't get served your appetizer after your salad.....and then they appeared with our main courses and wondered why we hadn't hardly touched our appetizers. Upon entering the restaruant, their sign states that if you have a groupon voucher, please alert your server upon seating so we did that and what a mess......we were given menus without prices, instructed on what we should order from soup to nuts, only to be told at the end of the meal that not all of us qualified on the groupon voucher. Luckily they were nice enough to adjust our bill since it was their error. I would definitely try Dak's Grill again since they have always provided good food but they need to improve service.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Virginia
“Relaxing atomsphere, good food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

Finally a place to go that isnt noisy and rushed. My husband and I enjoyed a delicious meal on a Friday night. We opted for the 12 oz prime rib special that was cooked exactly as we ordered. The entree included a salad, choice of starch (potato, rice or potato pancakes) fresh veggies and rolls. Very good deal for $19.95. The service was excellent. Finally a place to go to eat and actually talk to your companion without shouting or hearing other conversations. Will definitely return. Outdoor seating is also available and looks quite nice.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Charlottesville, Virginia
“good food- bad service...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

I have to say I wouldn't return because the service was simply bad. Food was not good enough to make up for the server who never even asked if we wanted coffee or dessert. She was busy as was most of the staff talking to each other and to other customers in the bar area making our dinner unpleasant.

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Woodbridge, Virginia
“Perfect Steak”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

I was in for a quaint and quiet dinner for two and I thought of Daks..and boy was I happy. I ordred the steak dinner med and it was cooked to perfection and the price was right for the quantity and quality. My friend had the porkchops and he was very happy as well.

Visited September 2012