“Raise the Bar” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Tampa, Florida
“Raise the Bar”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2012

I used to frequent this place a few years ago because of the bar. The food is ok and the bar is good. It's one of the few places that stays open late, so in that regard it's good. My last visit, I determined that bar scene wasn't my crowd. Either the customers are getting younger or I'm getting older.

Visited August 2011

Woodbridge, Virginia
“Jader1”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2012

Nice atmosphere with good food. One of the higher quality chain restaurants.

Harrisonburg, Virginia
“Love Dining at Daks”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2012

Whenever I am in the Woodbridge area with family, my choice is always dinner at Daks. I have eaten there three times in the past 6 months and find the food and service to be outstanding. I read other reviews of poor service and under staffing but I have never experienced this while dining there. My family is attending a concert on Saturday, February 11th and looking forward to dinner at Daks before the concert. As I read some of the other reviews, had to wonder if we were dining at the same restaurant. Again, great service, outstanding food, love their Hot Artichoke Dip is awesome and my brother-in-law loves the Drunken Mushrooms. Dak's potato on the side and a nice New York Strip with Bearnaise, can't wait for February! Yum.

• Visited January 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Portsmouth, Virginia
“good potential, below average execution”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2012

Daks is a beautiful old farmhouse that has been converted into a restaurant. It has a two sided gas fireplace, small dining rooms that offer a somewhat intimate setting. We have eaten there three times now, and each time we were disappointed. They seem chronically understaffed - tonight our server was the bartender, whom we found after wandering around looking for the hostess, who was not present. She was cheerful and helpful. Their rolls are really good - little french baguettes served with honey butter. The onion soup was good. But everything else - meh. I had salmon, which I requested to be cooked medium, and it was completely overdone. The perfect ice cream scoop of mashed potatoes were flakey and dry, like they'd been microwaved a couple of times. The gravy terrible and very salty. Dark, dark brown. Completely out of place with the salmon. And the veggies were very undercooked, carrots still crunched. Mr's steak was a thin sirloin he described as "dense". It was cooked to order. We didn't bother complaining about the food. It wasn't the bartender/waitress's fault. We paid the tab and left. After three visits in about five years, all of which there were issues with the lack of staffing, food quality and preparation, I have to conclude that these aren't exceptions, but rather rules.

• Visited January 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Woodbridge, Virginia
“Dont' Waste Your Time”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2011

User Rating: 1 out of 5 stars
by dnacrew 06/14/2011
We have always enjoyed going to Daks and dining on the patio. This past weekend we had family in from out of town and decided to go to Daks to sit on the patio, We arrive at Daks at 5PM and there were only 2 people on the patio, so plenty of room for our large party of 13. Mgmt wanted to let us have 1 table with an umbrella that sat 7 to 8 people and a small square table without an umbrella which didn't accomodate our party. Unfortunately, Mgmt said we couldnt have 2 tables with umbrellas because they were going to get busy. This made no sense to me 1. It was 5PM and no one was there 2. Why would anyone with good business sense turn away a large party - incomprehensible!!! We ended up leaving Daks, drove over to Cheeseburger in Paradise and spent over $250. It's funny because driving home we passed by DAks at 8PM and no one was on the patio. REALLY Daks - how unfortunate! We will never go back to Daks.

• Visited June 2011