“Fun Place To Go For Good Food” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American, Barbecue, Seafood, Bar
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Outdoor seating
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night
Clemmons, North Carolina
“Fun Place To Go For Good Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2013

Went there tonight for the first time--cozy place with very good food and service--Food was cooked to order as ordered and served hot--salad was cold and had not been setting out. As we were finishing, Santa and a group of elves came in from off of the street collecting for Big Brothers and Big Sisters--a fun time just to watch the faces of 2-3 children eating with their parents. Prices were fair--quality was good.

• Visited December 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Stephens City, Virginia
“Stalwart”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2013

This is another restaurant my husband and I have been frequenting for well over a decade. The Cork Street is a snapshot in time. When you walk in the door, the same hand painted banner giving hale to the almighty Redskins has been resolutely hanging all this time in search of the season when they will become a real team again. There are two parts to the restaurant the east and west end. At one time, the east end was for smoking customers only, now the establishment as a whole is non smoking. The west end features the bar, additional indoor customer seating, and the patio. The brick wall surrounding the outdoor eating area is tall enough that a person walking along the street of average height up to 6-1" is unable to look over to spy on your meal. As to the food, the prices have not gone up much from our first visit in 2001. Then we got out for around $18.00 (sandwiches and sodas only) to today 2013 around $23.00. The plates are plentiful, but not the point of overflowing. Overall, the Cork Street Tavern is a very nice restaurant to venture in for lunch. The serving staff has always been nice, and if you have a problem with you seating, and tables are available, you can get up and move. (this is in reference to another poster who stated he had a bad time with his table when there were others around) The staff has always been accommodating for my husband and me when these situations arise.

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Highland, California
“Very strange experience, but good food!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013

I was trying to choose between two and three for my rating, so will err on the safe side and give it a three. So, based on Trip Advisor rankings and the fact that we want to try local restaurants while we are in Winchester, we went to this restaurant. And I really think we got a local restaurant! Let me start by saying the food was VERY good. Now I will explain the rest. There were four of us, one child and three adults. Out of all of the empty tables, we were seated by a group of eleven very loud, cussing, 20 year olds or so - kind of like the young ins from Duck Dynasty I suppose. Every other word was a cuss word, they were extremely loud, just very awkward with a child. So it was time to order, I wanted to order soup and salad with the French onion soup, but you could only have the chicken and rice soup with the salad. Okay, I order the Reubon and it says you get fries, chips, or cup of soup. I asked if I could get the French onion soup, nope because that is a SPECIALTY soup. Interesting, but okay. So, I went with the chips. The food came in a timely manner and the food was really good. For the price you can't beat it. But, we couldn't talk and we kept trying to cover up our daughter's ears with the cuss words. My only guess is the group was a bunch of local kids, friends with the waitresses, and that's why they were never told to keep it down. Would I go again, probably not. ESPECIALLY with children. Food was good for the price, we got a chance to eat at a local tavern, and now we know. Enjoy!

• Visited November 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Winchester, Virginia, United States
“Pretty good lunch spot”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

Four of us. Waitresses on top of things yet not intrusive. Orders correct and speedily delivered and the food was fresh and good.

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Blandon, Pennsylvania, United States
“Stopped for lunch in October 2013”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

The wings were just ok; the brat special was very good. Not too hot, not too mild. The root beer was on tap and fabulous.
Tip--do not sit next to the patio door. No one seems to know how to close it, and it kept getting cold.

• Visited October 2013