“Lovely little local find! Will become a staple for us.” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #21 of 219 Restaurants in Winchester
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romance, Doing business, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Linden, Virginia
“Lovely little local find! Will become a staple for us.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

The ambiance is very french. Romantic and cozy with quaint atmosphere. My husband and I stopped by for a fresh midday lunch. We were surprised because we had SUCH a great time. The owner was hilarious, had some pretty entertaining conversations! This would be an excellent choice for a date night out. Too add a great glass of wine with yummy french cuisine. Yes please. Warm french bread to start. I had the famous french onion soup, best I'd ever had. Husband had the carrot ginger soup, very good. Chicken crepes and chicken sandwich were both finished completely. Sauces were on pointe. The homemade rum cheesecake was mouthwatering, I think I'll be dreaming of the rest of the fresh homemade desserts he mentioned were available. Best texture in a cheesecake that I'd had in a long time. I love the fact this is a local place, you can see the attention to detail in the preparation of the menu, and execution. The family works so hard at what they do, it shows. It was about 52 dollars, 2 soups, 1 tea, 1 lunch special, 1 menu entree, 1 dessert and 20 per cent tip. Worth it.

Visited June 2013

Hayesville, North Carolina
“Nice little French cafe!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

I was amazed to find this nice French café in Winchester. It is located near the downtown area. It is decorated like a French café and we had excellent service. Our food was delicious, the bread was fresh baked(yummy) and a wonderful chocolate dessert made it a great place to stop. If we are in the area, I would definitely eat here again.

Visited May 2013
Port Deposit, Maryland, United States
“Ladies out on the Town.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

Seven of us were visiting Winchester for the day and had our dinner meal at the "La Nicoise" Restaurant on 12 South Braddock Street. There are many restaurants in the area, but "La Nicoise" should not be missed. The food was so delicious and well prepared. The menu was so enticing it was hard to make up our minds. Soups, salads, appetizers, entrées, and scrumptious desserts. They also have meals for children. You can choose from a variety of meats, fish and traditional French dishes. Prices are affordable and wine and liquor can be purchased. The owner and chef, Frederick, is very charming and fun to chat with.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Crownsville, Maryland
“Great Food and Fine People, Too”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

My wife and I were visiting Winchester on a rainy Sunday and fortunately blundered into this place for brunch, which looked inviting from the outside. The service was almost like attending a really good French family dinner. The owner's granddaughter seated us and brought us beverages and the owner waited on us...and kept us entertained with his jokes. (Oh, yes, the granddaughter also sang a little Carrie Underwood for us and she was pretty good at it.) Anyway, my wife had a very interesting and delicious chicken crepe and I had trout with a curry sauce and shrimp. Very tasty. The best thing was the lime/vodka cheesecake at the end. This place is a real find...a mixture of French and country. The only detracting factor was another very loud party of mixed adults and screaming kids. They should have gone to Mickey-Ds. I even give the owner points how he tactfully encouraged the loud party to get moving.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Ashburn, Virginia
“Well kept secret gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

Our favorite Wincester restaurant for a special meal - dinner, lunch or brunch.

More known by locals than travelers - a block away from downtown mall.

Suberb French bisto cuisine in a casual country environment. Chef-owner is meticulous about preparing tasty meals and providing superb service. He not only had great choices for sampling French fare, but he was also very willing to customize his preparations to accommodate dietary needs and prefernces. We will dine at La Nicoise any time we travel within 20 miles of Winchester.

• Visited April 2013