“Whata great place to stay” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20%
Ranked #13 of 27 Hotels in Winchester
Kingston, Canada
“Whata great place to stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2012

Recently ( March ) we stayed at this hotel as part of our trip from the Carolina's to back home in Canada. The hotel was hosting a wedding party that same eveningso lekely approached no vacancy. The service was fantastic to the guest ( us) Rooms were so clean and so nice. The restaurant, Perkins, was GREAT .. so good that we ate there sor the inbound supper and then again in the morning for breakfast. Staff at both was so friendly and actually took time to converse with the guests who had questions and general comments. That staff was so good that we will plane southbound trips to accomodate staying there as we go south and as we return home. We also are exploring visiting Winchester itself mostly because of the interest we discovered simply by talking with the wonderful staff at Best Western and Perkins.... Folks .... Well done and THANK YOU .. for the great service and the feelings you gave us.

Room Tip: We experienced a GREAT room re the quietness and the privacy.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
Brighton, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2012

Stayed overnight enroute to FL. Room was very nice and clean, comfortable bed and convenient to Perkins for dinner and breakfast. Front desk was very courteous and efficient. Would stay there again. Only wish the restaurant was "attached" to hotel without having to go outside. The value was excellent. The hotel was easy to access off the highway and right back on again.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Sunapee NH
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012

Motel was a little dated, but the price was right. Hard to regulate the heat. Resturant on the premises which was convenient. Front desk was courteous and helpful.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Sturbridge, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2012

We spent one night at this Best Western while we were traveling to Roanoke, Virginia. While the place is nothing special, we appreciate that it is truly a "pet-friendly" motel. They only charge $5 per night for a dog. Our particular room had been updated and it was comfortable. It was also very clean. We would stay again if we were on the road and had our pooch with us.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
new york
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2012

This hotel could be summed up in one sentence: The facilities for our dog were great; the facilities for people where awful.

We stayed here in August 2011 en route to and from my father-in-law's in South Carolina. The location of the hotel is good, right near a large shopping district. In addition, we had our puppy with us because we wanted to show her off to my father-in-law. Thus, our hotel choices were limited. Since my American Airlines miles program was running a Best Western promotion, I figured we'd give it a shot.

I would have gladly paid double to stay at a different hotel that allowed dogs on the premises. While the Best Western Lee-Jackson Inn had a large area for dogs to run around in, as well as trash cans and bags for picking up after the canine guests, the rooms weren't really comfortable for people. The man working the late shift at the desk looked at me like I was a suspicious character (I'm a very small woman in my early 30s). He wouldn't even talk to me until my husband came in to see what was taking so long. Then, the entrance to the rooms were "motel style" outdoor entry. The outdoor hallways were dark, unpleasant looking, and outdated. Once we entered our room, in our room, there were holes in the wall right by the door. The bed was hard and uncomfortable, and I had the instinct to check for bedbugs (I didn't find any, fortunately) because the rest of the room seemed so dank and dirty. My white socks became dirty after walking on the carpet. The walls are also very thin, as it was easy to hear the dog next door to us, who smelled our puppy and freaked out and began barking loudly. We woke up early just to get out of there. We wouldn't have returned for a second stay, except we couldn't get a refund on our reservation. We certainly wouldn't book again, though.

Room Tip: I peeked into some of the other rooms while they were being cleaned. They all look pretty bad.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2012

I have never posted a "negative" review but believe I should here. I selected this hotel because I was traveling with my dog (who remains in a crate in hotels, BTW). I was given room 129 and it REEKED of pet urine. I counted 7 visible stains on the carpeting and when I brought this to the attention of the management, they brought an air fresher to the room. Seriously. I had to INSIST on being moved to a room where I could remain without my eyes watering- so I got one that reeked of cigarette smoke (listed as non-smoking on the door). This hotel was badly in need of an upgrade anyway (the pictures are a JOKE), AND the room I was rented should NEVER have been available, it was revolting. Worse, they never even apologized for the inconvenience. After a 9 hour drive into Winchester this was NOT what I needed. I tried to locate a different hotel but no others had pet friendly rooms. What a night!

Room Tip: Make sure you ask if it is a smoking or a pet room BEFORE you unpack the car.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
Washington, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2011

Looks old from outside as well as inside. Was Very busy and seemed popular place to stay. Easy to find and few minutes drive from loads of eating places. Very close start of Shannanoah scenic drive and Winchester is a beautiful and quant town. Reception small. Room 2 beds, and small table and chair, ok. Had fridge, microwave and old TV. Free WIFI. No Breakfast included. Would probably not stay again.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to BEST WESTERN Lee-Jackson Inn & Conference Center? Share your experiences!